Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 14

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The game is good but takes a bit of adjusting too. Solly March and JFC are both quite good for us as well as Chicksen. It is definitely slower, had mate round last night and I struggled a bit with the slow build up.

To be honest, I buy Fifa games every year, I like playing them and if your a fan of the series you will tell a difference between this and 13!

Career mode is a little frustrating as you cannot see the ratings of any player so you do have to scout them, this adds more time into it, no quick wins!! The albion start off with £4 million though which is good.

How did you manage to get a copy already? Slightly jealous

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Got Pro Evo this year, stunning game and won't be looking back. The depth of the gameplay is fantastic, okay manager mode isn't as good but The gameplay itself is so varied, love it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
First Fifa I won't be buying since the franchise began!

As mentioned, same old shit every year - EA Sports have a holiday developing this game.

But the main thing for me is the SCRIPTING, completely ruins the game, it's only in the game to help out shit players & sell more copies.

100% Agree.
The scripting is totally infuriating. When Will Buckley can't sprint past some non-league div and seems to get stuck in the mud I feel like throwing my controller out of the window.

Also, they still use the same penalty animations from Fifa 08 or something. No effort at all goes into it. It's an upgrade, not a full game.

GTAV is the same price. Madness.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
For anyone that hasn't ordered this yet, Game Stop have a ridiculous trade in offer.
Pay £40 upfront, trade in 2 games once you've received Fifa, and they'll refund £34.
The list of trade in games is 100+ over many platforms and can be found here:
http://www.gamestop.co.uk/FIFATrade
Some games on there can be purchased preowned for £8-10.
£40 + £8 + £8 - £34 = Fifa 14 for £22
Of course you may already have games on the list, which could mean Fifa 14 for £6.

As I said, ridiculous.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I've preordered it almost exclusively for Ultimate Team, sadly I'm hooked on the entire concept of pack hunting, collecting and playing with those players :(

If anyone else on here plays Ultimate Team on Xbox, feel free to add my gamertag (SimianHit)

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Downloaded it a couple of days ago with the EA Season Pass. Slight tweaks here and there, players run into space much better than last and the shooting is improved (again). They only make slight improvements each year, and it gets better each year.

Comparing FIFA 13 to FIFA 14, no, there's not much difference. But go back and play FIFA 08 (for example - any early ones like that will do) and see how shit that is.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Downloaded it a couple of days ago with the EA Season Pass. Slight tweaks here and there, players run into space much better than last and the shooting is improved (again). They only make slight improvements each year, and it gets better each year.

Comparing FIFA 13 to FIFA 14, no, there's not much difference. But go back and play FIFA 08 (for example - any early ones like that will do) and see how shit that is.

Agree 08 - 14 you would see a difference.

However surely a game could last for two years and they just charge for DLC for an updated season, then the changes come in after two years and really try to improve the game.

unlike now where they just tweak bits to please the 15 year olds and then put out a game that is no better than the year before.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Agree 08 - 14 you would see a difference.

However surely a game could last for two years and they just charge for DLC for an updated season, then the changes come in after two years and really try to improve the game.

unlike now where they just tweak bits to please the 15 year olds and then put out a game that is no better than the year before.

I agree they could make it last 2 years.. But how would they make all their money! Same with Apple, little tweaks to the iPhone each year, not much different but compare it to a 3GS and it's a biiig difference now.

I really hated how they used to bring out the Euro and World Cup editions as separate games, when the FIFA for that season already had all the international teams on. Ridiculous. Luckily last year the Euro 2012 was added DLC, can't remember what it cost but it was a LOT less than 40 smackers.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I agree they could make it last 2 years.. But how would they make all their money! Same with Apple, little tweaks to the iPhone each year, not much different but compare it to a 3GS and it's a biiig difference now.

I really hated how they used to bring out the Euro and World Cup editions as separate games, when the FIFA for that season already had all the international teams on. Ridiculous. Luckily last year the Euro 2012 was added DLC, can't remember what it cost but it was a LOT less than 40 smackers.

The World Cup and euro games were actually better than the previous years fifa games though, the euro 2012 add on was pretty shit as it was just extra teams with unlicensed kits

Won't be getting fifa 14 till the ps4 releases

D

Deleted member 18477

I do enjoy a FIFA session, it's the only game I ever play - and rarely anyway it has to be said - i'll will wait a bit this year... Might not even bother buying it... I'll see what the verdict is first.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Same as me, FIFA 12 was the last one I had. I was actually thinking of getting FIFA 13 as I assume the price will drop when the new one is released. Is the gameplay on 14 much different compared to 13??

You can buy my 13 off me if u want PS3....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here