Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 12

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
He's just said that he thought it was his card that it was charging!!! Which is worse that he was happy to spend that sort of money on a stupid game!!! Oh well - he's grounded now and doing college work - with a lot of huffing and puffing - what an arse!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its theft. Plain and simple.

If my lad ever did anything like that, I think his PS3 would be making its inaugural flight out of his bedroom window.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I reckon that's exactly what happened! Thank you for explaining this so well - and your comment about billy paynter made me giggle when all I want to do right now is cry!!!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the useful heads up. My boy got an xbox for xmas and someone got him a 3 month gold membership (something I wasn't too keen on him having). As it is pre-paid I don't have to put in any bank details so I think that if he want to keep live then he can buy pre-paid cards out of his pocket money to keep things in order.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Thanks for the useful heads up. My boy got an xbox for xmas and someone got him a 3 month gold membership (something I wasn't too keen on him having). As it is pre-paid I don't have to put in any bank details so I think that if he want to keep live then he can buy pre-paid cards out of his pocket money to keep things in order.

Just keep a check on it is my advice!!! My son tonight has admitted he was completely addicted to it - it's caused an almighty argument in our house today - something that is not normal for us at all - things are very strained here - but we'll get over it - I still feel incredibly naive and stupid that we didn't spot this earlier. I consider myself a responsible, sensible parent. He's a clever, outgoing, normal kid - he's never done anything so stupid as this before.

It's been a crap day here today - but life goes on - tomorrow is another day!!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Just do that, you can also buy prepaid MS Points cards, which is how this money was lost.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
LOL I don't know - and as we are not speaking at the moment I'm not going to ask!!!!

Suffice to say I doubt Casper was in goal or Billy Paynter or Harley were in the team!!!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
No, he'd be fully aware of what he was doing, no possible way at 17 you couldnt be.

I agree - he must have known - we have watched videos on You tube about the process of buying MS points - it asks you are you sure you want to purchase these points? He said he thought it was charging his card not mine!!!! I don't believe him for one minute - and even if he it had come out of his account to spend that sort of money on a bloody fantasy football game is insane!!!!

He's going to have to wait a bit longer now to upgrade his moped to a 125 though :)

He'll have to learn the hard way - its the only way.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Once you've payed for your xbox live gold account you can then go into the payment options & remove your card details, saves any f***ing about & you know your kid wouldnt be able to rinse your card without you knowing but yeah, he 100% knew what he was spending NO DOUBT

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Once you've payed for your xbox live gold account you can then go into the payment options & remove your card details, saves any f***ing about & you know your kid wouldnt be able to rinse your card without you knowing but yeah, he 100% knew what he was spending NO DOUBT

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!!! I didn't realise that - but my hubby set it all up in 2008 when we originally got the x box - that's a good tip though - mind you I'm not backing down - no more x box live in our house for the foreseeable future and there are a pile of games hidden down my shed at the moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here