Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fidel Castro dead.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're an ignorant retard.

I've just been to Cuba and Castro is still revered as a total hero there. Rightly so for everything he did for the people while the USA constantly did their best to screw them over. Try learning a few facts before posting crap like that.

Please look into the human rights abuses this dictator ruled over, if you want to look into facts. Yes, he improved some aspects of the Cuban's lives, but there were thousands who suffered as well.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Does that go for me too? I've read a LOT about human rights abuses in Cuba which have carried on all the way through his brutal regime and have concluded that the bloke was a horrible piece of work.

To be fair, in reality, it isn't really that black or white. Yes he was a nasty piece of work but he also did some good for SOME of the people of Cuba. I'm pretty meh about him / his death - I suspect things may have been a bit different if the US hadn't tried to keep meddling.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair, in reality, it isn't really that black or white. Yes he was a nasty piece of work but he also did some good for SOME of the people of Cuba. I'm pretty meh about him / his death - I suspect things may have been a bit different if the US hadn't tried to keep meddling.

Yeah and Mussolini got the trains running on time so...you know, swings and roundabouts. Exactly the same as you've written can be said of General Pinochet and I didn't mourn him either. Sorry but when you murder thousands of your opponents, nothing you do before or after can change the fact that you're a monster.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Putting Christians in prison for their beliefs is a communist trait and nothing to do with America. Russia also did a fair bit of meddling too, so both superpowers were as bad. In fact, Russia bankrolled Cuba for decades, and when their own economy collapsed, so did Cuba's 'prosperity'.
Russia didn't bank Cuba out of the goodness of their heart, but backed them because of the opportunity to place missiles right on the USA's doorstep.
Thank goodness for JFK who stood up to Kruschev.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

I've just been to Cuba and Castro is still revered as a total hero there. Rightly so for everything he did for the people while the USA constantly did their best to screw them over. Try learning a few facts before posting crap like that.

Sorry , but you should if that's what you think.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A communist dictator who committed atrocities against his own people and others, such as his meddling in the South African border war. Plus he was friends with Diego Maradona.

The world is a better place without him.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Towering figure both physically and politically achieved a genuine revolution that has lasted with many good things to the always impoverished people of Cuba notably in the areas of health, education, science, sport but always hampered by the meddling USA Cuba became the plaything of the old Soviet Union which nearly brought on a Third World War in the end it's the passing of an old man a revolutionary leader who may just may have been able to build the only true communist society in the world if left alone

As always with apologists, they don't ask themselves too many questions. Whilst he may well have brought some good things to the population, other countries like the meddling US, have similarly done so without the need for dictatorship. Having had family grow up in East Germany, and seen myself what it was like, aspiring to build a true communist society is nothing to be proud of.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

So, you have been there on holiday and made this assumption! Marvellous! And then you call others ignorant! He may have done some good for the people, as did many other countries without the need for a dictatorship. But at what cost? Still, lets look the other way, and forget about any nastiness -we can always reserve that for some right-wing regime.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm right behind this touching act. 25 minutes of applause from the 25th minute in honour of dearest Freddie would also be very fitting.

A man far more deserving of applause.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Typical man with absolute power. Did some very good things on the surface, wreaked havoc behind the scenes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
very much this - a 'true' communist who became a dictator once he had power. Funny that.......

and who did some horrendous things

These dictators always remind me of big children. Leave them in a house alone and they may sit quietly and watch cartoons for a while. Within three hours they are alternately shitting on the floor or crying.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

I would recommend going to Miami too to get a fuller view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here