Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS to B'muff

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
You're loving coming on here sooooo much aren't you? Take some time off and enjoy your weekend mate. We'll still be here on Monday.

£100 milllion!!

I'd love to but my weekend doesn't start for another 40 minutes. I'm currently trying to appear busy.

£100m was a conservative figure when you consider that Bolasie, Dann and Cabaye would cost £40m+ between just the three of them.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
You're loving coming on here sooooo much aren't you? Take some time off and enjoy your weekend mate. We'll still be here on Monday.

£100 milllion!!

Ain't he just!!! The fans against modern football.............bollox they are!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He wants first team football which he won't get this season at Palace, unfortunately.
In a 25 man squad you need at least 4 strikers. Glenn would probably be 3rd or 4th choice next season, so he won't be getting regular first team football but would still be used throughout the season as cover.
Oh, so when you said he wouldn't get first team football, you didn't mean it.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh, so when you said he wouldn't get first team football, you didn't mean it.

Not really sure where you're going with this. I thought I made it perfectly clear that he won't be playing football regularly for the first team.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
4 million for Murray 4 years after we let him go and spent 3 million plus on CMS. Cracking bit of business there BHA and apart from Ulloa we haven't had a striker since fit to lace Glen Murray's boots since.

I think Bournemouth have a recruitment team with MUCH more savvy than our recruitment team

Too True - Tell the Board about this FACT !

FFS if the club don't show any serious commitment now after the disaster of last season then current members should NOT be part of a BHA board.

I always felt that we should have pushed HARD for immediate promotion with the impetus of the move from Withdean and, sadly, it has become harder and harder ever since given parachute payments. I do wonder what TB, despite his huge investment in the club is thinking, as with his current strategy, he isn't going to recoup anything any time soon.

Perhaps he just likes to keep his cards close to his chest but perhaps a gamble may have paid off.

I certainly don't feel totally enthused by what has happened this close season so far!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd love to but my weekend doesn't start for another 40 minutes. I'm currently trying to appear busy.

£100m was a conservative figure when you consider that Bolasie, Dann and Cabaye would cost £40m+ between just the three of them.

2.5 hours later and you're still online. Still waiting for the weekend to start?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Too True - Tell the Board about this FACT !

FFS if the club don't show any serious commitment now after the disaster of last season then current members should NOT be part of a BHA board.

I always felt that we should have pushed HARD for immediate promotion with the impetus of the move from Withdean and, sadly, it has become harder and harder ever since given parachute payments. I do wonder what TB, despite his huge investment in the club is thinking, as with his current strategy, he isn't going to recoup anything any time soon.

Perhaps he just likes to keep his cards close to his chest but perhaps a gamble may have paid off.

I certainly don't feel totally enthused by what has happened this close season so far!

Just to repeat a previous posting I am sure TB did throw everything towards promotion when we arrived at The
Amex but unfortunately Gus f....d up. Now had 2 seasons regrouping and stabilising finance and will be better this
season with play offs an outside hope but we will go for itbig time nexg season. The middle season of our new signings 3 yr deals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just to repeat a previous posting I am sure TB did throw everything towards promotion when we arrived at The
Amex but unfortunately Gus f....d up. Now had 2 seasons regrouping and stabilising finance and will be better this
season with play offs an outside hope but we will go for itbig time nexg season. The middle season of our new signings 3 yr deals.

The wage bill is over £5 million more than Gus had in his first season at the Amex.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I agree that we really went for it in the second season but since then we have concentrated on staying in the division. Ignore the second play offs, we were never in with a chance of winning it. Personally can't see we're building for anything other than survival but I admire your and others optimism when we have such a thin squad missing at least five quality players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The wage bill is over £5 million more than Gus had in his first season at the Amex.

Proves just how badly we have spent, no? Maybe players wanted to play for Gus and would settle for less than they could get elsewhere, now we have players who will only sign if we pay them top dollar and they are are much poorer than the players Gus recruited.

What was Bloom thinking when he agreed to pay COG 15k a week? Total and utter desperate madness.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Sadly we will never know what actually happened during that season whether Gus f----d up or indeed whether the board f----d up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Have to agree to disagree there mate. We had Ulloa and Barnes up front. Before that we had Murray and Barnes up front. Proper strikers. As a club, you don't give these people away lightly, cos it'll cost you three or four times as much to replace them on a like-for-like basis.

We did replace them with .. Best, Obika, Cog, Cms, etc etc .... said tongue in cheek !

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
4 million for Murray 4 years after we let him go and spent 3 million plus on CMS. Cracking bit of business there BHA and apart from Ulloa we haven't had a striker since fit to lace Glen Murray's boots since.

I think Bournemouth have a recruitment team with MUCH more savvy than our recruitment team

One of the differences between Bmuff and us is that they're prepared to pay what it takes to meet their ambitions. We're not. There are a number of other differences the majority of which turn in Bmuff's favour. Good luck to them...Murray will prove to be a good buy for them to help their initial Premiershit year/s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here