Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs tier 4

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Lincolnshire, Staffordshire Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire & Warwickshire all higher rate and increasing faster than West Sussex yet not going into Tier 4. Absolute shitter.

WSHT only 31 Covid cases and 1 in a ventilator bed.

Yep. Ridiculous.

There is no more pressure on St Richards than there is in a normal year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lincolnshire, Staffordshire Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire & Warwickshire all higher rate and increasing faster than West Sussex yet not going into Tier 4. Absolute shitter.

WSHT only 31 Covid cases and 1 in a ventilator bed.

trouble is Sussex is surreounded by vermin . . . and lets face it about 1/3 of people are pretty much back to normal . . . .:annoyed:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So people who stayed the one night allowed at another house on Christmas Day are supposed to get home how? Why not do it from the 27th?

Think the message is its just not worth it. Tough decision but without question the right one.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why has no one asked about hospital infections - if the figure of 25 percent of infections are picked up there is correct - that’s a big problem.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No idea why people are losing their shit over this. The whole country should go Tier 4. Allow the police to concentrate on illegal new year parties and then why not take a month in January to stay home, avoid the shit weather, cut down on the booze and save the money spunked on credit or from wages for Xmas.

Like people literally do every ****ing year.

If people do that then by Feb the vaccine will be showing some progress and we'll see movement into better tiers with any luck.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
No idea why people are losing their shit over this. The whole country should go Tier 4. Allow the police to concentrate on illegal new year parties and then why not take a month in January to stay home, avoid the shit weather, cut down on the booze and save the money spunked on credit or from wages for Xmas.

If people do that then by Feb the vaccine will be showing some progress and we'll see movement into better tiers with any luck.
The gov don't want to put the whole country into tier 4

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Now there's a vaccine on its way my opinion has shifted much more in favour of lockdowns. This is a sensible move - and I suspect we'll be in it until mid Feb probably.

Stay in a lockdown until a decent amount of vaccination has been done sounds a reasonable plan. The choice of when to lift it, bit by bit, should depend on case and hospital numbers together.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Of course the new variant is not Johnsons fault.
As you are such a keen fan, have you any idea why he was not able to attend this briefing and deliver this awful news himself, after all he is our leader.
Maybe he is still in the freezer, hiding.

Probably dealing with that idiot Macron

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Yes - but that’s the problem.

The whole country isn’t. We’re getting weird decisions on tiering which make no sense. If this is as bad as the data suggests, then the whole island should be shut off. But for some reason, people are allowed to travel in and out of the country whilst Liverpool remains in Tier 2 but Sussex, with 30 cases is in Tier 4.

And how can football games be played or the Darts be allowed to continue in COVID central?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't know about anyone else but this certainly wasn't something I did during the first lockdown.

Was the first lockdown in January or was it in an unseasonably warm April with the whole idea of lockdown new to everyone?

It's going to make dry/exercise more Jan much easier for me. I do hope the government support the hospitality industry though. I've got a lot of friends in it. But none of them budget for a bumper January.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Agreed

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Yes - but that’s the problem.

The whole country isn’t. We’re getting weird decisions on tiering which make no sense. If this is as bad as the data suggests, then the whole island should be shut off. But for some reason, people are allowed to travel in and out of the country whilst Liverpool remains in Tier 2 but Sussex, with 30 cases is in Tier 4.

And how can football games be played or the Darts be allowed to continue in COVID central?

There's too much money at stake where sports are involved.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A scientist on Radio 2 said that the virus has mutated hundreds of times since it was found in China.

Luckily, the vaccine is robust enough that it will be effective against this virus, up to 95% ..

Looks like this is now going to be the norm for a long time and I feel very sorry for the likes of Brett at the Caxton Arms in Brighton, REMF Legend who announced his pub is closing for the foreseeable future. I can’t see it being lifted until the vaccine is fully shipped out and people are vaccinated....of course the anti vaccers will continue in their world of conspiracies, but at least the majority of the population will be covered.

Holiday, Insurance and cruise companies are already saying on various industry sites that having a valid vaccination certificate will be requisite for flying etc.

Our world may never be the same again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here