Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs tier 4

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Hancock now says there are two cases of another new variant in the UK.

Both are contacts of cases who have travelled from South Africa.

"We are incredibly grateful to the South African government for their science," he says.

"This virus is yet more transmissible and appears to have mutated further than the new virus."

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
pubs will be mental tonight and tomorrow. spike next week, then lockdown until Feb/March, and a hard brexit.

whats the odds on snow on Friday ?

Why the **** has ANYONE been allowed to travel internationally without a negative test cert ?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Hancock said “We know that the three-tiered system worked to control the old variant and is working now in large parts of the country especially in northern England.

“But we also know that Tier 3 is not enough to control the new variant. This is not our hypothesis, it is a fact and we have seen it on the ground.

“We’ve seen case rates rise in some of the places close to where the current Tier 4 restrictions are in places like East Anglia where we are seeing a significant number of the new variant and we’ve seen case rates rise sharply.

“It is therefore necessary to put more of the East and South East of England into Tier 4.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
pubs will be mental tonight and tomorrow. spike next week, then lockdown until Feb/March, and a hard brexit.

Keep up - talk of a deal being announced today. So the Hard Brexiteers will be burning their bras or somesuch.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
While the number of cases attributable to the old variant is holding steady or tailing off in some areas, Dr Harries says there has been a very sharp rise in cases of the new variant.

This is translating into rising pressures on hospitals, she says.

The number of hospital beds currently occupied by Covid patients across England is nearing April’s peak of about 21,000, Dr Harries says, including in London

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Why the **** has ANYONE been allowed to travel internationally without a negative test cert ?

That’s our clown show gov

Most other places want some evidence, some testing on arrival

Something Heathrow/Gatwick have been calling for since April.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hancock said “We know that the three-tiered system worked to control the old variant and is working now in large parts of the country especially in northern England.

“But we also know that Tier 3 is not enough to control the new variant. This is not our hypothesis, it is a fact and we have seen it on the ground.

“We’ve seen case rates rise in some of the places close to where the current Tier 4 restrictions are in places like East Anglia where we are seeing a significant number of the new variant and we’ve seen case rates rise sharply.

“It is therefore necessary to put more of the East and South East of England into Tier 4.

Our rates have shot up in Cumbria. We have one district with their highest rate ever (although oddly, we also have another with the lowest rate in the country). So, either the tier 2 is not working against the old variant, or the new variant is here and we should be moving to 3 or 4 to nip it in the bud.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Our rates have shot up in Cumbria. We have one district with their highest rate ever (although oddly, we also have another with the lowest rate in the country). So, either the tier 2 is not working against the old variant, or the new variant is here and we should be moving to 3 or 4 to nip it in the bud.
New varient I assume. Stay safe.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They might cancel all the football soon anyway.

I think that would be the most sensible move until March. Boxing Day is decimated by postponements already, especially in League One, where four matches (as of yesterday) are off. I expect many more will succumb and that will be that.

This can't go on. Sooner rather than later.

Yoda

English & European
Lincolnshire, Staffordshire Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire & Warwickshire all higher rate and increasing faster than West Sussex yet not going into Tier 4. Absolute shitter.

WSHT only 31 Covid cases and 1 in a ventilator bed.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
So people who stayed the one night allowed at another house on Christmas Day are supposed to get home how? Why not do it from the 27th?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here