Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] FFS More train disruptions announced for July 2 - 8

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
My limited understanding is the drivers have been following a “No Overtime “ process, it seems the Rail Company have taken the decision to cancel trains on the Saturday into Brighton on the grounds of safety and their concerns of getting thousands of people home with fewer trains
It’s an endless circle of blame, no one is bothered fixing anything, and the only group who can fix it have no intention of actually fixing it. I’m quite frankly fed up of it. The railway system in this country is BROKEN.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It’s an endless circle of blame, no one is bothered fixing anything, and the only group who can fix it have no intention of actually fixing it. I’m quite frankly fed up of it.
I was thinking about this earlier. The govt ***** have no intention of sorting it, the public generally have become used to the inconvenience because a lot of us support what they are doing (and work around the strike days/wfh etc) and there is little else the unions can do other than strike. The result: a situation which could drag on for a very, very long time.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was thinking about this earlier. The govt ***** have no intention of sorting it, the public generally have become used to the inconvenience because a lot of us support what they are doing (and work around the strike days/wfh etc) and there is little else the unions can do other than strike. The result: a situation which could drag on for a very, very long time.
Im not gonna comment too much on this particular situation, it’s a shame it’s come to this for Brighton Pride.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It might not be a strike but it's as good as. I've now fallen into the 'they are doing it on purpose' camp. Utter arseholes. My thinking might be swayed by the fact I'm going to London that weekend for a show as a birthday present for Ms WS and we were planning of going from Brighton Station. Arseholes !!!
You can guarantee they are looking forward to our three home European fixtures dates being known as much as we are

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Nearly every journey I taken on the last month has been cancelled or delayed on one part of the journey, often nothing to do with the industrial action.
It’s not seriously upset any of my journeys so far but I’m becoming a frequent user of the delay repay system for the various companies. £100 refunded in last month alone!
Traveling back from Glasgow next Friday so not looking forward to the disruption then.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
RMT have announced strikes on Saturday 26th August and Saturday 2nd September, great. Home matches against West Ham and Newcastle on those days FFS:rolleyes:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
IMG_1505.jpeg

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
About the only time I ever use trains these days is to go to the Amex. Can't be relied upon so take steps to avoid them. I drive much more than I used to.

Sadly, without them, the Amex doesnt really work as a venue. This latest round of disruption is exactly what I feared about this season.

I imagine this will hasten the demise of the subsidised transport scheme. Pointless the club paying to support Govia Thameslink.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I thought that was the Thameslink service specifically. Shit. I have to get to London on Saturday 2nd September, have booked a £7 return on the National Express (it’ll make you smile) but takes 3 and a half hours each way. Sake!
3.5 hours ! Is it horse-drawn ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About the only time I ever use trains these days is to go to the Amex. Can't be relied upon so take steps to avoid them. I drive much more than I used to.

Sadly, without them, the Amex doesnt really work as a venue. This latest round of disruption is exactly what I feared about this season.

I imagine this will hasten the demise of the subsidised transport scheme. Pointless the club paying to support Govia Thameslink.
If the club don't pay GTR, they'll probably just close Falmer station on matchdays, just like we've seen them do for Amex friendlies and gigs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here