Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] FFS More train disruptions announced for July 2 - 8

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Whilst falling short of an all out strike it mentions last minute disruption/cancellations. The unions have once again timed it nicely with Wimbledon being the main event possibly effected. You also have Blur playing at Wembley and Iron Maiden at the O2 arena on Saturday 8th. I'm attending the latter and really don't fancy getting stranded as the last train back to eastbourne gets cancelled at last minute :(

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why can’t ASLEF spell announces ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloody unions. Why can't they strike overnight when the trains aren't running anyway?

#selfish
Lol. They don’t exactly run to timetable during the day either.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
It is interesting how the pandemic has altered the train unions' tactics. They can no longer bring the economy to its knees as most office workers just work from home during week day strikes. Meaning now they have to target the general public and disrupt leisure time activities instead. This tactic gives the biggest disruption but undermines public opinion whilst probably not harming the economy to a large enough extent to force negotiations.

I imagine the tories are absolutely loving it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pride weekend, 5th August. A day where thousands (try to) use the trains due to alcohol intake. 100% they strike that day.
They keep saying they aren't picking dates to purposely target big events - I'm not so sure. If they strike over Pride then I think I'll be in the 'they are doing it on purpose' camp.

Jul 7, 2003
Pride weekend, 5th August. A day where thousands (try to) use the trains due to alcohol intake. 100% they strike that day.
More likely to try and hit the Pride event in London than Brighton as it would get more coverage

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't know WHO they think they are trying to feed their families. I mean, food inflation DROPPED today to a ONLY 16.5%.

Selfish bastards.
Yep. You can’t move in food banks for the families of starving train drivers on 60k

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I was also planning on travelling by train to see Iron Maiden but I guess I’ll be driving now instead. I expect I can pre-book the parking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
They keep saying they aren't picking dates to purposely target big events - I'm not so sure. If they strike over Pride then I think I'll be in the 'they are doing it on purpose' camp.
Why didn't they target Glasto?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I was also planning on travelling by train to see Iron Maiden but I guess I’ll be driving now instead. I expect I can pre-book the parking.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yep. You can’t move in food banks for the families of starving train drivers on 60k
Don’t forget they’ll have to pay for train or bus fares to get to the food banks, travel for the drivers and partners isn’t free you know…

Train fares continually rise making this sort of travel very expensive for someone on 60k pa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here