Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS linked to Bolton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Campbell is 25, and has played and scored in the premier league. At £900 k, it's a no brainer, and we need at least 2 more forwards to replace who have moved on.
Siggurdsson was never going to sign, although we bid £8 mill, he was always going to be used as a bargaining chip for Davies and Vorm.
If we carry on with our "hoof ball " next season, I'll be a very happy man.

I agree. It wasn't meant as a dig as such. As you say, for £900k it's a very low risk, and if he's crap, you'll easily flog him back to the Championship soon enough.

Fair to say you have (so it seems) struggled to attract players this summer though? I'm slightly surprised, I'd have thought the momentum you built up last season would have been a bit more of a pull for players. So maybe some of them do judge Pulis by his reputation. Or is it that you're saving your cash for a last second trolley dash again, as per the last two windows (one a tad more successfully than the other, it must be said)?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I agree. It wasn't meant as a dig as such. As you say, for £900k it's a very low risk, and if he's crap, you'll easily flog him back to the Championship soon enough.

Fair to say you have (so it seems) struggled to attract players this summer though? I'm slightly surprised, I'd have thought the momentum you built up last season would have been a bit more of a pull for players. So maybe some of them do judge Pulis by his reputation. Or is it that you're saving your cash for a last second trolley dash again, as per the last two windows (one a tad more successfully than the other, it must be said)?

To be fair Edna, Pulis has already stated he will do his business late, he used to do it at Stoke and it's what he believes I am supposing. It's not necessarily the strategy I would use but then I'm not a Premiership manager...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

As you say the second window was a great success , Dann, Ledley, Puncheon and Henderson were superb signings. Ince didn't work out, but it was miles better than the first one, quality over quantity .
Take on board your comments about selling Campbell back to the championship, we'll bear you in mind :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair Edna, Pulis has already stated he will do his business late, he used to do it at Stoke and it's what he believes I am supposing. It's not necessarily the strategy I would use but then I'm not a Premiership manager...

Your board seem to be like ours, trying to keep things realistic & not wanting to pay over the odds (mostly...except when signing players from Peterborough, it seems). If that means it takes time, it upsets a few drama queens, but some of us are quite happy so long as we get there in the end.

Though Holloway did make some absolutely cack late signings, you have to admit :)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Campbell is a no brainier considering the fee we paid. He may be a huge success, on the other hand he may well be a dud. I think the risk is worth taking, he was picked for England 3 years ago so he has it in his locker for sure

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Your board seem to be like ours, trying to keep things realistic & not wanting to pay over the odds (mostly...except when signing players from Peterborough, it seems). If that means it takes time, it upsets a few drama queens, but some of us are quite happy so long as we get there in the end.

Though Holloway did make some absolutely cack late signings, you have to admit :)

Oh absolutely he made some shocking calls. And I think you are spot on, the Palace board won't pay over the odds for any player and Parish has come out and said you get much better value for money at the end of the window. Having said that you are taking a chance leaving your business so late in the day

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Campbell is a no brainier considering the fee we paid. He may be a huge success, on the other hand he may well be a dud. I think the risk is worth taking, he was picked for England 3 years ago so he has it in his locker for sure

Jesus, was he really?

I'm not sure if I'd forgotten or if I just never noticed :ohmy:

Don't take this the wrong way (I'd have said the same if he was still at Cardiff) but if Fraizer Campbell was getting picked for England, that is a shocking reflection on our lack of striking resources.

As you say: little to no risk for Palace at that price though. Well worth taking a punt on. I'd still have had him here if it had been an option I think.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Jesus, was he really?

I'm not sure if I'd forgotten or if I just never noticed :ohmy:

Don't take this the wrong way (I'd have said the same if he was still at Cardiff) but if Fraizer Campbell was getting picked for England, that is a shocking reflection on our lack of striking resources.

As you say: little to no risk for Palace at that price though. Well worth taking a punt on. I'd still have had him here if it had been an option I think.

Haha I wouldn't worry I think most people had forgotten about that!! :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh absolutely he made some shocking calls. And I think you are spot on, the Palace board won't pay over the odds for any player and Parish has come out and said you get much better value for money at the end of the window. Having said that you are taking a chance leaving your business so late in the day

I think Elliott Grandin's still looking for a club, if you still find yourselves short in a few weeks time :D

Well, I mean Holloway will sign him in the end, obviously, but you could nip in with a cheeky bid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh good old Elliott, nearly as bad a signing as Marange!!

Ahhh, THAT'S the bloke I was trying to remember. Marange.

No wonder you never saw him: he's been holed up in the Ecuadorean Embassy for months hasn't he?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They'd have more chance than us with the Northern, Dougie and paying over odds wages points.

We just have fact he wouldn't have to move house going for us

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Murray's wife Stacey on Twitter "Bolton? where to people pluck these rumours from?".

Pulis played Murray at Centre Half last night!
Hardly the place you would put someone if you had plans for them.....
Is Pulis nudging him out......

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
6 goals in 37 appearances in the season before. Terrible return.

Murrays Palace career at Palace is so deceptive (in terms of goals). He scored 7 after the new year (that amazing season he had). That is a decent return as he played 20 games. In the first half of the season I think he played 25 games altogether and scored a staggering 24 goals.

In short he went through a purple patch when he scored 24 goals in 25 games. the rest of his palace career is 14 goals in 63 games at Championship level.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Murray's wife Stacey on Twitter "Bolton? where to people pluck these rumours from?".

Yes he did play centre back, he also scored making it 3 goals in 4 pre season frendlies. Not really the sign of a player who's going to leave and is not in the managers plans imho

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

If she wrote that, he's not going to Bolton.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I would have him back,.... who cares about the Palace thing,... our immediate playing potential is more important right at this moment.... I still hate the fookers, always will,... but Glen, all will be forgiven the moment you score your first goal on your return.

raba

Jun 9, 2013

He played CH last night as a few of our defenders were carrying little knocks and weren't worth risking in a friendly.

No dramas :)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

A lot of the great target men are great at defending corners too. Maybe he needs a little practice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here