Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP latest predictions

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Or they will say we won't pay you the solidarity payments which will greatly increase the possibility of Championships clubs going to the wall but would also make many more non compliant.

FFP hasn't been well thought through and needs to be ripped up and rethought

Solidarity Payments. What an insult that is.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The £14.9m was the loss for 2012-13. FFP comes into play for 2013-14 (the period which ended in June 2014). The Abion have made it very clear they were on track to be under the max £8m loss for this reporting year.

I thought FFP came into play 2012/13 but as there were no punishments for non compliance a lot of clubs ignored it.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
You have gates under the 10k mark (not a dig, just a fact). You lost over £15 million in your last season in League One. What do you think that money was spent on? Smoked salmon & organic cucumber sandwiches in the home dressing room at half time & hiring Michael Bublé to sing at the office Christmas party?

Buble was banned and it's caviar, not salmon.

This thread might give you some idea of the wild-west environment that existed at AFCB during our last season in L1 http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=63681

The 15 or so, family members of the previous chairman, who were all on the company payroll have gone. All those company cars that were supplied to the family members are no longer seen in the car park. The building work that seemed to be an ongoing feature during the tenure of the previous chairman (all carried out by the previous chairman's companies seems to have stopped) The previous chairman's companies seem to be in administration http://companycheck.co.uk/company/02676004

The new pitch at Dean Court cost over £3 million (obviously doesn't compare with the £100 million for a new facility at Falmer)

Some think that the Goldsands Stadium refers to the 7-miles of golden, sandy beach, others that it's a convenient mechanism to get sponsorship, I don't know. I doubt many do, so it's all speculation (doubt it equals Etihad though)

FFP is just a con to allow a few big clubs in the Premiership to maintain the staus quo. For B&HA supporters to claim it as a reason for the performance of a club like AFCB smacks of sour grapes. AFCB don't have parachute payments, no chance of matching the salary that NCFC can pay for Grabban. No chance of coming close to what CCFC and FFC can pay, or any of those clubs who came down in the last 3 years.

Have you looked at the squad at AFCB? Have you seen who was at AFCB in L2, L1 and now The Championship? If, as so many on here seem to believe, AFCB are paying massive wages to sit at the top of the table by buying players at a price other clubs can't afford, explain our squad.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=66200&start=1

S Francis
T Elphick
M Pugh
C Daniels
S MacDonald
E O'Kane
S Cook
H Arter

All in our matchday squad for our first match of the season in League 1 in 2012.

Rather than tryiing to justify our relative league positions, with all this guff about FFP, acept that in life, there's ups and downs.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I know for a fact that a former Brighton player is on just shy of 5 figures a week at Bournemouth. His wages, along with the at least half of their League One squad, were doubled because of a promotion bonus written into their contracts. I very much doubt any players signed since then would have settled for anything less than those players were on.

The source is about as good as it gets.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of course there are ups and downs, and that in itself doesn't account for Bournemouth doing well. The players still have to do the business on the pitch, and they evidently are. Credit is due for that.

I maintain, however, that if Bournemouth were paying wages commensurate with their income, then a fair few of those players wouldn't be with the club. If the club chooses to gamble in the hope of promotion, that's up to them.

But please: just spare us the "plucky little old Bournemouth, it's a miracle" stuff, because it really isn't. That's the sort of rubbish I'd expect to hear from one of your most famous former managers.

Hey. Each to their own I suppose. I hope you'll come back to this thread when the FFP accounts are revealed next month.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Being reported just now that the clubs have voted to loosen the terms of FFP now.

PATHETIC.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Did the Falmer development cost £100,000,000? And if so, where did BHA come by that sort of money?

Expenditure on facilities is - and always was - outside of FFP, as it doesn't affect performance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did the Falmer development cost £100,000,000? And if so, where did BHA come by that sort of money?

£94m. Interest free loan from the chairman (& lifelong Albion fan) Tony Bloom.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Being reported just now that the clubs have voted to loosen the terms of FFP now.

PATHETIC.

What? They can't change the rules for this year surely? We have spent the last year cutting everything back to comply which has evidently put us at a competitive disadvantage. if it allows the likes of Forest etc off the hook then that is an outrage.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

My number on the back of a fag packet is £110M once The Amex was completed with the capacity brought up to 30,750 , Uncle Tony paid for it out of his pocket change.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What? They can't change the rules for this year surely? We have spent the last year cutting everything back to comply which has evidently put us at a competitive disadvantage. if it allows the likes of Forest etc off the hook then that is an outrage.
Many of us predicted this would happen all along. It should be renamed FFFP :angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

PATHETIC.

I'd be interested to know what "loosenings" and what our vote was.

I believe that we were in favour of some specific "loosenings" so you might be damning Mr Bloom there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does this now mean TB might open his wallet in Jan?

I'm not sure we can ever legitimately accuse Tony Bloom of not opening his wallet, in fairness.

If that man decided he was never going to buy another player, we could have few arguments. It's his money.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Expenditure on facilities is - and always was - outside of FFP, as it doesn't affect performance.

But, and parking FFP for a moment, it slightly irritating that some here play the hard done by card and point the finger at QPR, Forest, Bournemouth, whoever - Yet somehow overlook the fact that they got a brand spanking new stadium gratis. Again, I realise that this is outside of FFP but you can't deny that Brighton have benefited massively from a gift.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
IMO, and bearing in mind I know less about FFP than I do Nuclear Physics (zero). There are too many fudged areas within FFP, it is going to be incredibly difficult to oversee, hardly anyone seems to understand it's bizarre complexity, made worse with its complicated dateline.
The possibility is that clubs will be faced with such huge fines they will go bust! Wasn't FFP initiated to prevent just that? It appears to be an accident waiting to happen. Pre FFP if clubs got greedy and couldn't handle their finances they went bust.....served them right.
Prediction...a few clubs will not be concerned one way or the other. The rest will be split into two groups, one complaining their punishment is too severe and be forever appealing their sentence. The other complaining how much FFP has held them back and the big spenders are getting away too lightly.
Good Title for a bookwriter " The FA's Recipe for Disasters" book. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here