Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling Misled

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Because all companies in all industries share their budgets and plans with employees, customers and competitors, don't they?

What possible reason would there be to put this commercially sensitive information in the public domain?

There seems to be a number of people posting on this and other threads whose sense of entitlement is so high that they would have the club get royally screwed over by every agent, club and player just so they are "kept informed". F*cking crazy!

Calm down buddy. I got the answer I was looking for.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Is it perhaps more the case that when we are close they want to spend/exceed the budget to buy their way to the next level? That is; after all, the norm. It is what Mackay did at Cardiff for example (which is why I don't expect him to be our next manager). Tony has said no, probably coloured by his unique relationship with the club and his intimate awareness of how close we came to the brink. You may agree with this approach or disagree because you think the only way to the promised land is to spend more. But ultimately only Tony knows how much money we have. It is after all his money.
My son supports Aston Villa.. Martin O'Neill almost bankrupted them and they have been hanging on by their fingernails ever since. My grandsons support Birmingham who bought success and the owners walked when that started to fail. If some people lose patience and perspective and want to buy success for Brighton it will be without Tony Bloom but these and many, many more reasons to be very wary who takes the reigns.

I agree we shouldn't try and buy success, it needs to be a sustainable plan.

Interesting themes and challenges emerging in teams with tensions between Head Coach/Manager/Director of Football/Recruitment team...getting the balance right between controls on spending the budget and empowering the head of coaching/manager.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Misled is one of those words that I always misread. I see it as missled.

As in ' The right honourable member for Frigleton has missled the house'

Another is when the papers say an MP was rapped in the commons.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

funny I was just checking through previous posts to see if anyone else is always tempted to mis pronounce misled to rhyme with "chiseled"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Makes a change from MP's raping (metaphorically) their constituents

Another is when the papers say an MP was rapped in the commons.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I honestly dont know and to be honest if they did they still did a bloody good job with what they had , put it this way at the start of last season where would you have thought Burnley would have finished in the league ? i would have said mid table or lower in all honesty[/QUOTE

Last edited:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
My last word on this thread. I'm sorry, I was petulant, disappointed and angry. I've heard Tony Bloom and I believe. Looking forward to the new manager and the new season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here