Feel sorry for palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
They were pissing themselves laughing when our Blackburn game was called off last season at short notice and that was for a piss poor reason unlike their's (Blackburn had a mildly waterlogged pitch and it was reported that ground staff had the sprinklers on as Blackburn wanted to avoid playing us).

If there was a risk of supporters being injured or even killed by flying debris then the game needs to be off - one of the benefits of having a stadium in an out of town area, though travel would of course be screwed.

Spot on and I have not seen an apology from COYP after you have proved him so wrong.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I call bullshit. You're the same as that Ravids chap. Palace fan masquerading as Brighton fan. A few innocuous posts here and there to keep up pretences but won't hear a bad word about Palace.

Oh...and it is better than just that. As a palace fan it is obviously fine and OK for him to tell our moderators to "piss off"....with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrel of Fun View Post
Indeed. I'd be quite tempted to. The Albion have gone beyond what I want from supporting a club.

I thought I would be a permanent fixture of Amex, but the whole thing doesn't make me excited anymore. Do I want to pay top dollar to offset a loss, a loss that is making 30 odd players exceedingly rich (in relative terms) for a minimum output?

Do I want to contribute to the wages of say, Ryan Harley (or others), who clearly couldn't be bothered. It's not even about effort. You could argue that footballers create an economy and money is spent all over the place as a result, but do I feel comfortable contributing and giving Average Joe Striker a charmed existence because he can kick a ball around for 90 minutes every week?

I know there are lots of arguments entailed in that. Tennis players, film stars, bankers and so on, but it feels as though the mediocre are being rewarded. Why does YaYa (the real one, not Ince) need £300k a week after tax? What good reason does he need that?

Piss off then. Some supporter you are!!!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Palace's request to put back the game 30 minutes to allow fans caught in traffic to get there , was turned down by EFC.
Twenty minutes later, it was called off.
The forecast was for hurricane conditions from early afternoon, as usual no consideration for the fans.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
This should be the thread for Palace fans to use on NSC. The title speaks volumes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Palace's request to put back the game 30 minutes to allow fans caught in traffic to get there , was turned down by EFC.
The forecast was for hurricane conditions from early afternoon, as usual no consideration for the fans.

See that ---> _

That's the world's smallest violin and it's playing just for you.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

1) That would be because Palace were only bringing 1,200 fans when most Everton fans were able to get there. It would only have been delayed if a significant number of home fans were having difficulties, much like how both our clubs have already delayed KOs this season due to travel issues.
2) That was because parts of surrounding buildings started to collapse on the road which most of the fans would have been using, had it been left open - then people could have been injured or killed.
3) No consideration for fans ? The reason why the game was called off was for the safety of the fans, unless you want to walk down a street with buildings partially collapsing and tiles being ripped off roofs. Also it was forecasted, but since the police and safety officers can hardly predict when incidents would occur, the game was left on. The game was playable after all.

At least you had a genuine reason for postponement, for all we know it may well have prevented serious injuries - and had someone been injured or killed, you would have been screaming blue murder asking why it wasnt called off.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
1) That would be because Palace were only bringing 1,200 fans when most Everton fans were able to get there. It would only have been delayed if a significant number of home fans were having difficulties, much like how both our clubs have already delayed KOs this season due to travel issues.
2) That was because parts of surrounding buildings started to collapse on the road which most of the fans would have been using, had it been left open - then people could have been injured or killed.
3) No consideration for fans ? The reason why the game was called off was for the safety of the fans, unless you want to walk down a street with buildings partially collapsing and tiles being ripped off roofs. Also it was forecasted, but since the police and safety officers can hardly predict when incidents would occur, the game was left on. The game was playable after all.

At least you had a genuine reason for postponement, for all we know it may well have prevented serious injuries - and had someone been injured or killed, you would have been screaming blue murder asking why it wasnt called off.

With Palace in Merseyside, Liverpool in London,and Spurs in Newcastle, you would think common sense would prevail when sorting out midweek fixtures at the beginning of the season.
We have Newcastle and Sunderland away on consecutive Saturdays coming up too.

I've got no problem with the game being called off, safety is paramount, it was the timing of it.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
With Palace in Merseyside, Liverpool in London,and Spurs in Newcastle, you would think common sense would prevail when sorting out midweek fixtures at the beginning of the season.

We have had a couple of periods of a few consecutive away games then a few consecutive home games in a row - not to mention Burnley and Sheffield Weds :)lolol:) on Tuesday nights and Middlesbrough away right before Xmas.

The fixture sorting people have no common sense, that much is already clear !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Hmm indeed, what to do, what to do.

Ooh...I know. DON'T BLOODY GO THEN. Christ, anyone would think someone is putting a gun to peoples heads and frogmarching them to the coach.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hmm indeed, what to do, what to do.

Ooh...I know. DON'T BLOODY GO THEN. Christ, anyone would think someone is putting a gun to peoples heads and frogmarching them to the coach.

Decisions, decisions ...
It's a long way to Sunderland, BUT Gus needs taking down a peg or two.

I'll sleep on it .

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Flippin heck, he's blaming the met office now.

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
I call bullshit. You're the same as that Ravids chap. Palace fan masquerading as Brighton fan. A few innocuous posts here and there to keep up pretences but won't hear a bad word about Palace.

Oh really? You are a bit paranoid like your mate fosters headband! Why the hell would I want to come on here and pretend to be a Brighton fan? I was worried last night as my brother was on his way back and was saying the motorways were really dangerous last thing I want to see is someone laughing about it! You carry on believing what you want thats up to you some people have a life though!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh really? You are a bit paranoid like your mate fosters headband! Why the hell would I want to come on here and pretend to be a Brighton fan? I was worried last night as my brother was on his way back and was saying the motorways were really dangerous last thing I want to see is someone laughing about it! You carry on believing what you want thats up to you some people have a life though!

More bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports