Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United - bit big for their boots?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Most non league clubs have a handful of hangers-on trying their luck, but they would all accept them as just that. Not send coachloads of them masquerading as nutritionists, manicurists and shiatsu masseurs, then launch an internet smear campaign when they are refused entry and told to stop taking the piss.

:laugh::thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
and for all the people who are asking that old chesnut question "why don't they go and support a local team" come on guys we answered this question in 2006.
we've got plenty of good friends at Brighton and rightly so, so guys before you judge just have a look at the facts! this is a storm in a teacup nothing else! and it say's something when a club "Can't" find the key to the visitors changing rooms leaving the players waiting in the rain and cold! by the way, when they did get in there there was not hot drinks available to them! a disgrace! maybe the fact that we were one nil up warmed the lads up instead.

Seriously, no one here give a f*ck.

(except atilla, and you're welcome to him)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm intrigued why a director needs to stand in the ground telling fans that they have a choice to buy or not to buy. That sounds kind of passive aggressive. Most fans don't need to be told that - unless of course you are trying to indirectly point out something.

Poor show from both sides here but does sound like both are being selective. A bit like when my 6 year old and 4 year old squabble

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Worthing get higher attendances than a fifth of the teams in FCUM's league and is a lot nearer to the rest of FCUM's rivals despite being a league lower and leaving the likes of Chorley in the calculation.

Very amusing. You really should be a politician.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Club Statement - Saturday's game v FC United
DUE TO A NUMBER OF ISSUES THAT HAPPENED ON SATURDAY AND SUBSEQUENT RUMOURS AND INNUENDO FLYING AROUND ON BOTH THE FC UNITED FORUM AND FYLDE’S, WE FELT IT NECESSARY TO PUT OUT A FULL STATEMENT OF THE FACTS.

Saturday was a pretty bad day for AFC Fylde not because of the defeat but because of the intimidating atmosphere that existed from the minute FC United fans started arriving at the ground. All of which we believe could have been avoided had their committee acted in a more thoughtful manner.

The background that led up to what happened is important.

Click for the rest: http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/latest-news/archive/2013/December/017.php

:lolol: Innuendo? They DEFINITELY don't mean that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm intrigued why a director needs to stand in the ground telling fans that they have a choice to buy or not to buy. That sounds kind of passive aggressive. Most fans don't need to be told that - unless of course you are trying to indirectly point out something.

Poor show from both sides here but does sound like both are being selective. A bit like when my 6 year old and 4 year old squabble

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's true. Worthing have averaged 211 so far this year, better than 5 clubs in the North Premier which averages 366 (311 if you take out FCUM). I got the figures from here. http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/homeattendances.php?l=11

Which part of this made you laugh then?

Just your inability to accept you got something wrong. To now argue Worthing are a comparison for the resources for a league above, a tier they've been in about 6 seasons of their entire history, simply based on attendance, was amusing.

I think you'd argue red was blue just for the hell of it sometimes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just your inability to accept you got something wrong. To now argue Worthing are a comparison for the resources for a league above, a tier they've been in about 6 seasons of their entire history, simply based on attendance, was amusing.

I think you'd argue red was blue just for the hell of it sometimes.

I think you're just spoiling for a fight with me. I think we know why as well.

I picked Worthing because I know about them and they are an 8th tier club and have been in the 7th tier as FCUM now are. You were the one who started mentioning attendances as a mark of how to judge a comparable club as per your post #65. I was just picking up on this point to show that in terms of attendance (your measure of comparability) Worthing are most certainly more like the average Northern Premier team than FCUM.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think you're just spoiling for a fight with me. I think we know why as well.

I picked Worthing because I know about them and they are an 8th tier club and have been in the 7th tier as FCUM now are. You were the one who started mentioning attendances as a mark of how to judge a comparable club as per your post #65. I was just picking up on this point to show that in terms of attendance (your measure of comparability) Worthing are most certainly more like the average Northern Premier team than FCUM.

You first mentioned attendances in your post #49 as your only justification so far to back up your claim that they have 'vastly greater' resources than everyone else in their league. This is the only point I've picked you up on regarding evidence that they have greater resources, and you've started spinning yarns about comparisons to Worthing etc. etc. you get all this going as you're unable to back up a point, then try to turn it on me...

Classic Buzzer. Bushy will be along in a minute to say how brilliant you are.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You first mentioned attendances in your post #49 as your only justification so far to back up your claim that they have 'vastly greater' resources than everyone else in their league. This is the only point I've picked you up on regarding evidence that they have greater resources, and you've started spinning yarns about comparisons to Worthing etc. etc. Boy when you get going, then try to turn it on me. I think we know why....again, very amusing.

Christ on a bike. My only justification? No it wasn't, not at all:

My question was more rhetorical but we do know that no other club gets those gates because FCUM have told us so themselves and I know for a fact that Worthing who are at the same level don't claim to have hundreds of volunteers. Nor do they have as many staff nor would they have a hope in hell of raising £2M privately through a fan share scheme. Nor do they have a current and active membership list that has hundreds of members from across the UK and Europe

Once again, you're the one who focused only on attendances and I responded to that. And it appears that the figures bear me out (on attendance, at least). I think it's fair you use as a comparison a side that has yo-yo'd between tier 7 and 8 for donkey's years, if you disagree with me then so be it but how about using a few facts to make your point instead of trying to turn this into yet another little personal grudge match?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Christ on a bike. My only justification? No it wasn't, not at all:

Once again, you're the one who focused only on attendances and I responded to that. And it appears that the figures bear me out (on attendance, at least). I think it's fair you use as a comparison a side that has yo-yo'd between tier 7 and 8 for donkey's years, if you disagree with me then so be it but how about using a few facts to make your point instead of trying to turn this into yet another little personal grudge match?

So basically, you're only justification for your statement that FCUM have vastly greater resources than everyone else in their league, is attendance, the community shares (to buy and build a stadium everyone else has but them...) and an active membership list, and to compare this you've used Worthing. That is basically your facts for your statement regarding their resources. Not what the other clubs playing budgets are, what their transfers are, their sponsorships etc. Just that.

As I said very early on, and stated it very clearly - I don't know how their resources compare, I'm not the one making the statement that they're vastly greater. I've only read in a recent Guardian article that they make a loss having to hire Bury each home game, and that it is why they are so desperate to find their own home.

Personal grudge match, is that how you feel whenever someone doesn't back down against you? There really isn't anything personal about it, but because you will respond to every post in kind, it seems to irk you that someone does the same.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So basically, you're only justification for your statement that FCUM have vastly greater resources than everyone else in their league, is attendance, the community shares (to buy and build a stadium everyone else has but them...) and an active membership list, and to compare this you've used Worthing. That is basically your facts for your statement regarding their resources. Not what the other clubs playing budgets are, what their transfers are, their sponsorships etc. Just that.

As I said very early on, and stated it very clearly - I don't know how their resources compare, I'm not the one making the statement that they're vastly greater. I've only read in a recent Guardian article that they make a loss having to hire Bury each home game, and that it is why they are so desperate to find their own home.

Personal grudge match, is that how you feel whenever someone doesn't back down against you? There really isn't anything personal about it, but because you will respond to every post in kind, it seems to irk you that someone does the same.

I respond because it's a message board where people debate. It's how it works. If you don't like that way of doing things then that's not my fault.

Personal grudge match - you're the one in this thread who has made it personal, not me. In fact you've now done it several times. The worst I've said is that I think you're spoiling for a fight. I still think that more than ever, as it happens.

Back on track (if that's okay) I'm struggling to see why you're getting so worked up about comparing Worthing to the average Northern Premier team rather than FCUM. I think a club with self-confessed hundreds of volunteers, 2000 crowds, nutritionists, conditioning coach, £2m raised through private share scheme and a membership of 3,500 from across the UK and Europe is probably less representative than an average team in a league lower.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I respond because it's a message board where people debate. It's how it works. If you don't like that way of doing things then that's not my fault.

Personal grudge match - you're the one in this thread who has made it personal, not me. In fact you've now done it several times. The worst I've said is that I think you're spoiling for a fight. I still think that more than ever, as it happens.

Back on track (if that's okay) I'm struggling to see why you're getting so worked up about comparing Worthing to the average Northern Premier team rather than FCUM. I think a club with self-confessed hundreds of volunteers, 2000 crowds, nutritionists, conditioning coach, £2m raised through private share scheme and a membership of 3,500 from across the UK and Europe is probably less representative than an average team in a league lower.

My goodness, can you breathe okay being that far up one's own bottom!?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If anyone does have any genuine information with regard to the Unibond Northern Premier League clubs resources, please feel free to post accordingly! :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only on NSC , a Tuesday afternoon with a :catfight:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is everyone forgetting that we, Brighton and Hove Albion, are in essence also gaining an unfair advantage over other clubs in our respective league.

We were gifted a £120 million stadium with zero outlay from the Club, we also play at this shiny new stadium rent free, how many other clubs can boast the same?

Our playing budget is where it's at today because of one mans generosity to our/his club, without him I doubt we could afford to compete.

But when do we go around telling our fans to boycott other clubs we are due to play in the league because we feel we arn't getting enough free tickets?

- regarding our stadium, do teams that already own and have paid for their stadiums in our division have an unfair advantage too? or would it justify us making demands to other clubs about how we are treated and that we should be treated differently to all the other clubs in the division because of our resources, fan base, etc....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here