Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Team from a different country?

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Lecce currently playing in Serie C after a double relegation last summer. Seen them play about 15 times over the years - watching them win Serie B was a good day! Family ties and a spell living in Italy got me interested and Championship Manager helped too!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
FC Zbrojovka Brno - Been to about 8 games home and away and honourable member of their Ultras (got the t-shirt) as well as season ticket holder at the Amex of course .

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The local team here, AA Gent. I've been to quite a few of the big matches (it's a 20 min. walk from where I live) over the years and I like to think of them as a (smaller) brother to The Albion. They play in the 1st division and are the 7th oldest club in Belgium. Their colours are blue/white and some years have had a very similar strip to us, although at the moment the shirts are white with a diagonal blue stripe. Next year they too will get their new stadium, swapping the old 13,000 for 20,000 across town. For those who like Anderlecht they are only no.35
(the teams here all have the number of their seniority), the oldest is Royal Antwerp (2nd division). I've always hoped that one day The Albion
will play a european tie against them but they'd better not lose, I'd never live it down here!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
My best friend from university was/is still Greek. He supports the minnows of Athenian football, Panionios so I always check out their results, I've seen them twice in Athens - the only problem is their colours are very close to our special friends from up the A23... Stamatis came to the Burnley game at the Amex in February and loved it.

my flatmate at uni was a Panionios fan, but also arsenal :facepalm: but met quite a lot of them over the years. Thought Greek football was pretty much dominated by the big two but maybe not? Panionios aren't even in the weathly part of Athens are they? And thus where the internationally mobile Greeks who can afford uni over here or traveling the globe where met couple others.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Torino

download (17).jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Cowdenbeath
mainly because I had a mate I worked with many years ago and he came from there

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Bayern Munich.
Lech Poznan.
Dynamo Kiev.

All have unique atmospheres that will never be seen at a middle-class Premier League ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here