Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite Sunday Mornin' album choices

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Today’s Sunday choice is Rufus Wainwright’s All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu album. Just his voice and a piano....it’s truly beautiful.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've started to listen to a lot of big band music, Joe Loss, Herb Alpert and the like.

They say that the older you get the more like your dad that you become. it's a worry isn't it? :nono:

Nothing wrong with that. My dad died 50 years ago when I was 17. He was in to dance music in a big way pre-war, going regularly to the Streatham Ballroom (?). His favourite was Harry Roy. I bought a CD of Harry Roy a few years ago out of loyalty/interest..... and I love it. Alongside 60s and 70s rock I like big band music too, Benny Goodman being a particular favourite.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I have to admit that on Sunday mornings I just like to have Classic FM playing on all the Alexa speakers dotted around the house. Kind of restful and laid back for a Sunday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've started to listen to a lot of big band music, Joe Loss, Herb Alpert and the like.

They say that the older you get the more like your dad that you become. it's a worry isn't it? :nono:

Have you wandered off down the Kid Ory side road yet? If not, it's well worth the trip :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sunday mornings are never better than when this gem is playing. It may be freezing cold outside, but this is possibly the warmest album I own.

The late great S.E Rogie.....Palm Wine singer extraordinaire from Sierra Leone.

And for the benefit of a certain poster....here's the full album :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just finished this album. Gorgeous start to the day.
This is just the first video that came up on YouTube, for the benefit of those that may want to explore further.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What an interesting thread. Jam packed with artists I have never wanted to listen to, albums I've never heard - plus jazz and artists I've never even heard of, despite an incredibly wide and eclectic taste in music. I even enjoyed most of Eurovision last night.

I never criticise the musical taste of others. Not my business and God forbid we all liked the same stuff. Not today because I'm busy, but another time, I'll have a poke through this thread.
Meanwhile, ironically after my jazz comment (it's on Blue Note), here's one of my Sunday morning albums:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Selling England by the Pound by Genesis. The beginning when Peter Gabriel sings “can you tell me where my country lies?” Is just sublime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here