West, West, West Sussex
Gregory Porter - All Rise

Great Sunday morning album from Father Christmas this year :thumbsup:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
5a1c22176ec18_3184_4667_joe-bataan---call-my-name-600x600.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Seriously rediscovering my love for Thin Lizzy. Losing the talent that was Phil Lynott at only 36 was a tragedy :(

Cowboy song

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've yet to find anything that will make me want to turn off Cerys Matthews on 6 Music on a Sunday morning. She is the very opposite of Mary Anne Hobbs who plays much music I either have already or want to buy, but has an annoying soppy voice. Cerys, on the other hand, is the only person alive who should be allowed to play banjo music out loud.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I've yet to find anything that will make me want to turn off Cerys Matthews on 6 Music on a Sunday morning. She is the very opposite of Mary Anne Hobbs who plays much music I either have already or want to buy, but has an annoying soppy voice. Cerys, on the other hand, is the only person alive who should be allowed to play banjo music out loud.

Good point. 6music has gone downhill a lot imo in recent years though. Cerys and Don Letts are only really the two I listen to, although on BBC Sounds when I want rather than "live". For me, Sunday mornin' is about playing a whole album from your own collection.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't listen to Music Sunday Mornings.

To busy setting my TV to record " Songs of Praise " in the Evening ��

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've dug out Burning Spear's....Hail H.I.M. album for this morning's listening.

Christopher Columbus, being the stand out track for me still.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good point. 6music has gone downhill a lot imo in recent years though. Cerys and Don Letts are only really the two I listen to, although on BBC Sounds when I want rather than "live". For me, Sunday mornin' is about playing a whole album from your own collection.

I might give that a go after my run next week. Thinking Stevie might do the trick - either Innervisions or Songs in the Key of Life. I do like Hughie Morgan and Craig Charles as I love soul, funk, old skool hip hop and reggae. However, with a history that big and wide there's always more to discover.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've started to listen to a lot of big band music, Joe Loss, Herb Alpert and the like.

They say that the older you get the more like your dad that you become. it's a worry isn't it? :nono:

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Just about to open the terrace door for breakast outside with Joni Mitchells album Blue as the coffee is brewing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here