[Music] Favourite Springsteen song

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
way too many to mention and it changes depending on what album I'm listening tp, but honourable mentions to:

The Rising
Racing in the Street
Thunder Road
Darlington County
The Power of Prayer

Will seeing Bruce at Wembley again in July, gig #13 (!)

This is going to sound really sad, but for every exam or job interview going back to my O Levels, and including degree, masters as well as PhD viva, I've always played the same three Springsteen songs beforehand: Darlington County, Working on the Highway and Downbound train. Superstitious, me never!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a more recent song. Quite heartbreaking subject matter as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
way too many to mention and it changes depending on what album I'm listening tp, but honourable mentions to:

The Rising
Racing in the Street
Thunder Road
Darlington County
The Power of Prayer

This is going to sound really sad, but for every exam or job interview going back to my O Levels, and including degree, masters as well as PhD viva, I've always played the same three Springsteen songs beforehand: Darlington County, Working on the Highway and Downbound train. Superstitious, me never!!
Downbound Train is a lovely song.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I’m a fully paid up member of Bruce’s church of rock n’ roll. Saw him in Cardiff a few weeks ago and going again to Wembley in July which will be the 8th time I’ve seen him. Loved him since the mid 80’s but only saw him live for the first time in 2009 at Hyde Park and I was changed by that show. Never seen anything like it. Incredible! Impossible to choose only three tracks as it changes like the weather but at the moment I’d go…..

1. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
2. American Land
3. Bobby Jean

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jungleland

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

The Rising
Racing in the Street
Thunder Road
Darlington County
The Power of Prayer

I'm also seeing him at Wembley in July !

Too many to choose one

Racing in the Street
My Hometown
Dancing in the Dark
The River
Atlantic City
My Beautiful Reward

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I don't like his tunes BUT I love Philadelphia which is an amazing song. interestingly all of the above posters that love him haven't listed that track so its obviously not his usual style.

I like the man a lot more having read he loathes Trump.

any suggestions of tracks like Philadelphia I can listen to without wading through the redneck rock stuff?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't like his tunes BUT I love Philadelphia which is an amazing song. interestingly all of the above posters that love him haven't listed that track so its obviously not his usual style.
Er, I posted it, see post #26.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

I like the man a lot more having read he loathes Trump.

any suggestions of tracks like Philadelphia I can listen to without wading through the redneck rock stuff?
Just seen this - I listed Streets of Philadelphia (which is the actual title) along with Jungleland and the river specifically because they are all so different songs and eras

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports