Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite sandwich filling

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Smoked bacon, sunblushed (not to be confused with sundried) tomato, mayo (salad is optional).

It just works :thumbsup:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I used to love BLT but I bought a dodgy one from Cafe Nero recently

what have I learnt? Cafe Nero is sh*te, but thats too obvious.

plus why am I the first person to put in CHIPS? proper pikey I am aren't I?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Another vote for the Fish Finger sandwich - bloody amazing. I am something of a heathen though as I usually do one side with Tartare and one side with ketchup!

As a more conventional filling I think Ham, Cheese and Pickle (with Mayo) is a pretty unbeatable choice.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sausage & fried egg with brown sauce-awesome at 0730 from our local cafe :drool:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Cheese and onion (and, in the past, the cheese and spring onion baguettes I used to get from Forfars in Southwick Square when I was working over that way).

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Kobe beef, fresh horseradish & rocket on ciabatta :)

Cheese and pickle.

Bliss.

Yes but it must be the right sort of pickle, please god not Branston! Aldi Ploughmans pickle is good, best is Baxters Bramley Apple, Fig and Cider (which they don't seem to be making now) that is if you have run out of your mum's home made apple chutney or sister in laws plum.

The posh version of cheese and pickle for me is Brie and Cranberry in fresh baguette or Ciabatta - off to France in a few weeks for hols and do my sad Brit abroad thing and take loads of jars of Cranberry Sauce with me - Lidl ob is good but they only sell it at Christmas.

Corned beef and Coleslaw is also nice for a change, had Stilton and Apple in a granary bread doorstep a couple of times in a pub once - Nice!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Like many others I just don't think you can beat a perfectly made Bacon sandwich.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York Reuben – corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese with 1000 island or Russian dressing on rye or pumpernickel bread. Luvverly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here