Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Favourite Days out in Sussex.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I love heading off down the Old Coach Road gravel track between Firle & Berwick, parallel to the A27, & tucked away underneath the South Downs Way. Over 1000 years old, it used to be the main road between Brighton & Eastbourne, but these days its a walkers & cyclists heaven. Its a gorgeous ride or walk, where you can enjoy the quiet countryside, spot some birds of prey, soak up the sun - & enjoy the added benefit of having The Ram pub at one end, and The Cricketers at the other.

Jul 7, 2003
Chichester Marina - Bosham walk
Outside of summer weekends when there are too many tourists, that walk around the Bosham quay is great - especially if the tide is out and you are brave enough to use the footpath across the middle.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I love heading off down the Old Coach Road gravel track between Firle & Berwick, parallel to the A27, & tucked away underneath the South Downs Way. Over 1000 years old, it used to be the main road between Brighton & Eastbourne, but these days its a walkers & cyclists heaven. Its a gorgeous ride or walk, where you can enjoy the quiet countryside, spot some birds of prey, soak up the sun - & enjoy the added benefit of having The Ram pub at one end, and The Cricketers at the other.
I walked along there a couple of weeks back, I didn’t know about the history of this track.
We started at Berwick and walked along to Firle and back, then went for dinner in the excellent Cricketer’s pub

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here