Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite cricket ground?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There have been seven mentions of Lord's on this thread and not one of them spelled it correctly - that must be some sort of record

Jan 10, 2014
Centre Vale Todmorden CC

b5hbf9.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This assumes that there might be some sort of "friendly" arranged.

Glynde and Firle don't do "friendly". Most people explain this with reference to the English Civil War. Personally, I think the whole thing is much older than that. The one thing that unites Glynde and Firle, though, is the love of a good grudge.

Interesting, which side was which & why when so close?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There have been seven mentions of Lord's on this thread and not one of them spelled it correctly - that must be some sort of record

All spelt it correctly but failed to punctuate. Apologies and point taken, or apostrophe in this case.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Tilford in Surrey ,river in the background ,a splendid Pub called The Barley mow in the background .Shame the landlord is a:wanker:

Drove past it recently...lovely setting.....roads going all round it....didn't see the pavillion/clubhouse....where is that?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hove is my favourite cricket ground in the world and the gap to second place is as far as Will Beer hit the ball yesterday afternoon...

In the interests of continuing the thread my other happiest memories are all abroad. Feel very lucky to have done a few and there is nothing better than being in the sunshine and sharing a different cricketing culture...

Personal favourite clubs in Sussex include Barns Green and Selmeston (both were "home" so am very biased..!). My own list of the nicest local village grounds includes Slinfold and Ockley.

Ah Ockley. Home of the late, great Oliver Reed. He used to host an annual cricket match there. They would ' warm up ' first in the Cricketers for 4-5 hours and then the first side would bat, in the late afternoon. They would then enjoy the ' tea interval ' back in the Cricketers until nightfall. Floodlights would be rigged up and then the second side would ' bat ' Batsmen would be helped to the wicket, propped up and be clean bowled without even knowing they had been to the crease.
Needless to say, mine host and guests eventually retired back to the Cricketers, where behind locked
doors, the game would be carefully analysed for about 48 hours.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Drove past it recently...lovely setting.....roads going all round it....didn't see the pavillion/clubhouse....where is that?
If you were stood outside The Barley Mow ,Tilford Institute is a building across the green on the right going up the hill it's set back just off the road,they use that to change and for Tea .In front of it is a little hut used as the scoreboard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here