Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite Country Song

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ooh it’s a corner;9252919 said:
There are clearly a few modern country fans on here - great! For several years Sky had a music channel - Keep it Country(now Spotlight) which always had several up to date country progs - American Top Ten country videos(bizarrely though they played the top 12) each week and a couple of others. They dropped those shows a while back because they weren’t earning enough viewers/ ad revenue etc unfortunately. The other Sky country music channel also disappeared. Can any of you in the know recommend any other TV/radio/digital channels playing up to date stuff please

I am a huge fan. Mrs M and myself went to Nashville last year and ticked a few things off from our bucket list. This included a night at The Opry, a visit to Graceland and New Orleans on a fabulous music road trip. Loved every single second of it.

Have you tried this station? It is ok and plays lots of modern stuff. The issue I have is that the playlist is a bit short tbh, but it's worth a listen.
https://planetradio.co.uk/country-hits/entertainment/music/country-hits-radio-listen/

I sometimes host a radio show and I usually play a fair bit of country. Keep an eye out for that here.... www.a1radio.co.uk

I am hoping to complete a country ep over the next couple of years as well. The trip was truly inspiring for me to get on with finishing that. I started to record it about 10 years ago.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are clearly a few modern country fans on here - great! For several years Sky had a music channel - Keep it Country(now Spotlight) which always had several up to date country progs - American Top Ten country videos(bizarrely though they played the top 12) each week and a couple of others. They dropped those shows a while back because they weren’t earning enough viewers/ ad revenue etc unfortunately. The other Sky country music channel also disappeared. Can any of you in the know recommend any other TV/radio/digital channels playing up to date stuff please

It's not a TV station, but Baylen Leonard from total country seems to be involved...

Just discovered this:

https://youtu.be/ZlkjkQpFp4U

It's not showing in my DAB list yet...

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I am a huge fan. Mrs M and myself went to Nashville last year and ticked a few things off from our bucket list. This included a night at The Opry, a visit to Graceland and New Orleans on a fabulous music road trip. Loved every single second of it.

Have you tried this station? It is ok and plays lots of modern stuff. The issue I have is that the playlist is a bit short tbh, but it's worth a listen.
https://planetradio.co.uk/country-hits/entertainment/music/country-hits-radio-listen/

I sometimes host a radio show and I usually play a fair bit of country. Keep an eye out for that here.... www.a1radio.co.uk

I am hoping to complete a country ep over the next couple of years as well. The trip was truly inspiring for me to get on with finishing that. I started to record it about 10 years ago.

Thanks Muzzy - will follow up suggestions

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Zevon's 'Heartache spoken here', the duet with Dwight Yoakam, from the 'Mister bad example' album is quite wonderful. What an extraordinary talent Zevon was. Thanks always to Jackson Browne for mentoring him.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Not a great country lover but always loved Ray Stevens version of Misty, got to No.2 in the UK charts in 1975.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Loving this one by Dierks Bentley at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here