Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite team outside of England

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Any team from Andalucia - Sevilla, Cordoba, Malaga, Jerez, Cadiz...I just love the region.
Plus, As of last week Maribor (snigger..)

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Ajax Amsterdam. If they decided to keep some of the players together they had in the 90 and 00's they could have probably been one of the best teams in Europe. Their Coaching and management set up now of De Boer, Bergkamp , Overmars , Van Der Sar could teach the youngsters a thing or two.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have been to watch Lille at their old ground, their fans were pretty loud with a singing section behind the goal and another really noisy lot in a corner.
I like the fries and mayo stalls outside French football grounds.

I went to watch SM Caen about 3 years ago the atmosphere wasn't anything like Lille.

Thanks for your info on Lille. Caen are the only team in France I've seen play (25yrs ago), I don't remember any sort of atmosphere either.

I'm going to pick Lille as they are in the Champions League which gives me more options as to when I go & see them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I saw England play Columbia in Lens at the 98 World Cup. The stadium reminded me of Anfield and the bars in the town were excellent. So Lens it is.

Cheers for info. I'm picking Lille because they are in the Champions League & I'm a glory seeking plastic fan (when in France)!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Gent in the Belgian league for me. I met some lads on as summer holiday who turned into great drinking buddies and were passionate Gent fans.

They invited me over to watch a league match the following season and surprised me with VIP treatment. I got to go the pitch, shake both team captain's/ref's hands at kick off. Great day out apart from the result which was a 0-1 defeat to Racing Club Genk. They usually finish around 4th or 5th behind the Anderlechts etc in the Belgian league.

D

Deleted member 18477

My favourite teams outside of England always depend on who's playing/managing them.

At the moment I like Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juve, Dortmund, PSG. Put it this way... I don't like watching the 'shit' European teams. I proper hate Barca at the mo. And mainly because that little rat Busquets is still there. Used to like Barca when they had Rivaldo and Kluivert.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks for your info on Lille. Caen are the only team in France I've seen play (25yrs ago), I don't remember any sort of atmosphere either.

I'm going to pick Lille as they are in the Champions League which gives me more options as to when I go & see them.

Lille is also a very nice city, I haven't seen the new stadium yet but i would like to go back one day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Club Brugge & Lazio.

I love the city of Bruges and I've followed Lazio since 1990, when Italian football was on the television on Sundays.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Always liked Fiorentina in Italy. Partly because of their purple kit and partly because of the years that Gabriel Batistuta played up front for them and scored a bagful of goals for them, even while they were in Serie B and he was one of the best centre forwards in the world at the time.
Fiorentina for me too. Grew up watching Football Italia and loved the purple kit. The fact they had Toldo, Chiesa, Batistuta, Manuel Rui Costa amongst others playing for them at the made them great to watch.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
picture_02.png

Not having a good season. Relegation fodder. :down:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Persib of Bandung, currently second in the Indonesian Super League.

This year I was lucky enough to go to their local derby against Pelita Bandung Raya. Technically it was a PBR home game but the crowd was probably 95% Persib. Very strange. Sadly PBR fluked a 1-0 win, their first ever win over the mighty Persib.

Persib+vs+PBR.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here