Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fat Pat

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
He looks clueless, passionless and devoid of energy. The very antithesis of what he was like as a player. Strange but long may it continue…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They're not in any trouble at present. Highly doubt his position is under threat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They're not in any trouble at present. Highly doubt his position is under threat.
Were you there today? If they play like that for the rest of the season they’re bang in trouble.

Never thought I’d see Palace time waste for a draw against us at home

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Were you there today? If they play like that for the rest of the season they’re bang in trouble.

Doubt they’ll go down. Zaha & Anderson to come back, they’ve a decent keeper. There’s definitely 3 worse teams than them

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He’ll get longer than you expect because he’s a “name”

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I’m with you here. Whilst mathematically they don’t look in direct danger right now, the majority of the teams below them (essentially everyone bar Southampton) look like they’ve got some fight in them.

Leicester are in decent form and will probably pass them soon.

Forest have blown hot and cold this season, but I think they’ve got enough about them to be ok.

Wolves are starting to find their form with a couple of wins in a row against Liverpool and Saints.

West Ham have looked better the last couple of weeks too and you could argue were unlucky to get at least one win out of games against Newcastle and Chelsea.

Leeds will probably have a little bit of a new manager bounce at some point too. Whilst their defence is a bit ropey, they’ve got enough in attack to score the goals to get them out of it.

Everton looked a different team against Arsenal. I wouldn’t rule them out of going on a little run.

Bournemouth have been in dreadful form granted but they gave Newcastle a really decent game today. Some of their signings look tidy.

Palace cannot coast through the rest of this season playing like they did today. If they do, they’ll be in real danger of falling through the trap door, IMO. That’s not me saying that with an Albion bias. It’s being objective when looking at the teams below them and their respective current outlooks compared to Palace.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They’ll certainly be looking a bit susceptible if their form and the improved form the bottom 6 clubs continues.

Currently looking like Saints, Muff and Leeds for my money, which is quite a nice combo in itself. Palace slipping into the bottom 3 would be sweet though.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I’m with you here. Whilst mathematically they don’t look in direct danger right now, the majority of the teams below them (essentially everyone bar Southampton) look like they’ve got some fight in them.

Leicester are in decent form and will probably pass them soon.

Forest have blown hot and cold this season, but I think they’ve got enough about them to be ok.

Wolves are starting to find their form with a couple of wins in a row against Liverpool and Saints.

West Ham have looked better the last couple of weeks too and you could argue were unlucky to get at least one win out of games against Newcastle and Chelsea.

Leeds will probably have a little bit of a new manager bounce at some point too. Whilst their defence is a bit ropey, they’ve got enough in attack to score the goals to get them out of it.

Everton looked a different team against Arsenal. I wouldn’t rule them out of going on a little run.

Bournemouth have been in dreadful form granted but they gave Newcastle a really decent game today. Some of their signings look tidy.

Palace cannot coast through the rest of this season playing like they did today. If they do, they’ll be in real danger of falling through the trap door, IMO. That’s not me saying that with an Albion bias. It’s being objective when looking at the teams below them and their respective current outlooks compared to Palace.
It's incredible that we are looking down on all the teams you mention.

And you didn't mention Chelsea and Liverpool either.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
No win all calendar year for the scum. Must be on borrowed time
TBF palace have played, man united x 2, Chelsea away, Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton not an easy ask, to get 3 points is probably not a bad return….although they were utter gash today.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Look at the players Viera has got. Getting them up to mid table is some achievement. They have one of the worst 3 squads and they're currently well clear, they would be stupid to sack him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TBF palace have played, man united x 2, Chelsea away, Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton not an easy ask, to get 3 points is probably not a bad return….although they were utter gash today.
8 points for us from those teams in 5 games

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Look at the players Viera has got. Getting them up to mid table is some achievement. They have one of the worst 3 squads and they're currently well clear, they would be stupid to sack him.
I agree. Paddy V ain't the problem. They are run on a tight budget that he might decide not to stay on when his contract expires. It must be such a frustrating position there with the brief being 'just stay up'.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don’t think Pat is happy at all

In the first half I heard him scream at Mateta to simply move and look for the ball from a throw in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here