Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim ---gig

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
i was at that gig it was the best concert i have seen in my life even if it rained all day (norm was good on the beach but would i want to be forced to sit in a seat for a concert given by a dance DJ ) NO
north stand stewards will have a field day

I don't think anyone (expect those in corporate which you get at everywhere nowdays) will be sat down, I'm expecting to be bouncing around the pitch somewhere.

*Before I get to out of it I may pretend to be a player*

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yes on a beach I get it, might even be tempted to have a boggie myself, beer in hand if free and pissed enough. But seriously, will 20/30 thousand people really buy a ticket to watch a dj spin records. Correct me if i'm wrong but that is what he/it is. A famous dj, standing with a pair of headphones on, queueing up discs and playing them, while he waves his hands around a lot in the air and wiggles about a bit, with a good light show behind him.That's a light show not an actual person with any talent......Utter crap!!!I'd be amazed if it sells out, I wouldn't cross the road to watch it.:down:

you don't watch DJs, you dance to the music they play, and enjoy the atmosphere created by you the punters and the dancing to the music the DJ provides.

As said though, it is all a bit 2002. Although I'd put it more at 1998?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So Lady Gull, what dj's do you know? I'd be surprised if it wasn't pretty rammed. FBS is obviously getting a bit long in the tooth now but he'll put on a good show. The support will attract a younger audience (Nero is big among 14-year olds, apparently). Arty, Above and Beyond, Myon and Shane, Cosmic Gate, Shato and Rockseek and about 30 other trance djs'd are the future but FBS has been constantly innovating and he's the biggest act Brighton's ever produced. How many people in the Far East or Rio have heard of 'Brighton and Hove Albion'?

I saw Fatboy at Digital last December and was surprised how young the crowd was.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it is going to be busy. As it happens, I've got a night on at the H Bar on the Saturday (2nd) and we are looking at running transport bringing people straight back from the Amex to our event for a single price. For those people that want to party on it will minimise too much time "coming down" in a train queue.

Anyone interested PM me for full details.

A group of my mates are heading there tonight as it happens, for some old school acid.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
A group of my mates are heading there tonight as it happens, for some old school acid.

That sounds superb. I'd have a look at that myself if it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to be going to West Ham tomorrow with a hangover.

Having said that, there is some great stuff coming up. If I am still in the mood when I get back tomorrow evening, they have got a "Studio 54" night down there. I think if we snatch a result, a bit of 80's disco/electro could be just the ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That sounds superb. I'd have a look at that myself if it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to be going to West Ham tomorrow with a hangover.

Having said that, there is some great stuff coming up. If I am still in the mood when I get back tomorrow evening, they have got a "Studio 54" night down there. I think if we snatch a result, a bit of 80's disco/electro could be just the ticket.

Same here. I got West Ham and a gig tomorrow (Laibach are playing a gig in the Tate Modern Turbine Hall) and prefer to be on reasonable form for both. I have mentioned before but my wife went to the last acid/old school night and had a right laugh and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really need to check out some of their nights because as you say they do have some good stuff coming up and we live around the corner.

What night are you putting on post-Fatboy then?

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Same here. I got West Ham and a gig tomorrow (Laibach are playing a gig in the Tate Modern Turbine Hall) and prefer to be on reasonable form for both. I have mentioned before but my wife went to the last acid/old school night and had a right laugh and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really need to check out some of their nights because as you say they do have some good stuff coming up and we live around the corner.

What night are you putting on post-Fatboy then?

Laibach! That's a band I havent seen for a few years but who never dissapoint! That's a fantasic backdrop for them too. When it comes to "totalitarian rock" accept no substitute!! ;-) Whenever I listen to them I am never sure whether I want to start a revolution or crush one!

My night in June is trance downstairs with Woody Van Eyden and house / electro house upstairs with Sparky Dog plus some other guests.

This will be our fourth event there and we do attract a great crowd and no one takes themselves too seriously so its always a good night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lazy habits are playing the Blind Tiger tonight if anyone fancies seeing an up and coming band ( I may have mentioned this above) but it will be a really good night!!!

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Laibach! That's a band I havent seen for a few years but who never dissapoint! That's a fantasic backdrop for them too. When it comes to "totalitarian rock" accept no substitute!! ;-) Whenever I listen to them I am never sure whether I want to start a revolution or crush one!

My night in June is trance downstairs with Woody Van Eyden and house / electro house upstairs with Sparky Dog plus some other guests.

This will be our fourth event there and we do attract a great crowd and no one takes themselves too seriously so its always a good night.

where is this night? I may be in town, but don't think I'll be at FBS. This is 'Turn it on' Woody V E? Ministry on may4th has super8 and tab, myon and shane, maor levi and mike kogling btw. hopefully I'll have recovered from that by then.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Not very true, I'm 23 yet I like Nero, But true about how well known FBoy is I was strolling round a Chinease City and walked round a corner (to what must have been their music venue) to see FBoy concert adverts everywhere left right and above it was almost all I could see. Madness.

I said that because my son's 14 and likes him. I'd never heard of him until I saw it on his itouch. I'm trying to lead him towards Arty and the trance mob but bloody dubstep appears to be trendy amongst teenagers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are they having trouble selling tickets, or something?
They seem to be ramping up the advertising.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
where is this night? I may be in town, but don't think I'll be at FBS. This is 'Turn it on' Woody V E? Ministry on may4th has super8 and tab, myon and shane, maor levi and mike kogling btw. hopefully I'll have recovered from that by then.

Yes it is "turn it on" Woody van Eyden. It's June 2nd at h bar in hove. You've got nearly a month to recover from MOS!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Being a lazy arse, how much are the tickets?

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Was due to attend but due to my wife having surgery in a couple of weeks we now won't be able to go We've got 2 tickets for Saturday night 2nd June (Nero supporting).

Face value with booking fee was £79.50 but will take £60 for the pair.

PM or email if youre interested.

Cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here