Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim ---gig

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Do you normally attend gigs worrying about who else might have bought tickets and will be sharing your air?!!?!

Anyone who doesn't worry about their fellow concert-goers nowadays obviously doesn't go to many gigs. Sorry.

Although having said that, I seriously can't imagine why anyone would want to sit down and watch Fatboy Slim!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

These would be brilliant support

My daughter's other half is the bass player. In the middle of a UK and european tour!!

The Blind Tiger Tomorrow night.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No, but I get the feeling Daily Mail types may end up going to a dance gig not knowing what to expect then there'll be endless negative publicity about it.

Someone should drop them a pill see what happens :laugh:

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I think it is going to be busy. As it happens, I've got a night on at the H Bar on the Saturday (2nd) and we are looking at running transport bringing people straight back from the Amex to our event for a single price. For those people that want to party on it will minimise too much time "coming down" in a train queue.

Anyone interested PM me for full details.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd like to go but not at the price Fatboy is charging.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think Norman is great but as dj's go - and I know a fair few! he is not as good as some I know x

Ambrose%20at%20Juice%20-%20Best%20Pic%20(smaller)-300x200.jpg

Mr Lurve?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Who the hell is going to sit?! I'm slightly concerned about the type of people that are going to come to this.

I wouldn't say I'm concerned, rekon it will mostly be the usual brighton clubby crowd that turns up, but I do find it amusing that on these threads some people clearly have no idea what it's going to be like.

I say it on every single one: nobody will be sitting because IT'S A f***ing RAVE :rave:

D

Deleted member 18477

How big was that beach party,estimated at 250,000 people wow.

Can't see to many going as most like to pop pills etc:lolol:

Exactly. 250,000 people is mayhem. I'd go and see Jedward FFS if they could attract 250,000 people on a beach! Unbelievable Scenes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think it is going to be busy. As it happens, I've got a night on at the H Bar on the Saturday (2nd) and we are looking at running transport bringing people straight back from the Amex to our event for a single price. For those people that want to party on it will minimise too much time "coming down" in a train queue.

Anyone interested PM me for full details.
I'm going on the Friday mate, otherwise I'd be interested!

I wouldn't say I'm concerned, rekon it will mostly be the usual brighton clubby crowd that turns up, but I do find it amusing that on these threads some people clearly have no idea what it's going to be like.

I say it on every single one: nobody will be sitting because IT'S A f***ing RAVE :rave:

Well at least you and me know that; hopefully we're not the only ones. It's going to be fantastic :rave:.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
So Lady Gull, what dj's do you know? I'd be surprised if it wasn't pretty rammed. FBS is obviously getting a bit long in the tooth now but he'll put on a good show. The support will attract a younger audience (Nero is big among 14-year olds, apparently). Arty, Above and Beyond, Myon and Shane, Cosmic Gate, Shato and Rockseek and about 30 other trance djs'd are the future but FBS has been constantly innovating and he's the biggest act Brighton's ever produced. How many people in the Far East or Rio have heard of 'Brighton and Hove Albion'?

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
i was at that gig it was the best concert i have seen in my life even if it rained all day (norm was good on the beach but would i want to be forced to sit in a seat for a concert given by a dance DJ ) NO
north stand stewards will have a field day
ps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z88QqTskJ4c

I'd prefer to buy a season ticket to Selhurst Park than listen to that execrable cacophony. Music for christians, as illustrated by the fact that Unc Spielberg is a fan. My dad was a fan. We had to listen to it whilst driving through France on summer hols (that and Barry White and the Stylistics and some cretin playing Bach on a Moog synth). I did consider throttling myself with the seatbelt to end the auditory torture at one point. My dad's an estate agent (but not a christian).

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
im 15 and as soon as this was anounced i wanted tickets, norm still apeals to our generation more then rizzle kicks and that bollocks, i know loads of people my age just going for a laugh after hearing about the craziness of 2002

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So Lady Gull, what dj's do you know? I'd be surprised if it wasn't pretty rammed. FBS is obviously getting a bit long in the tooth now but he'll put on a good show. The support will attract a younger audience (Nero is big among 14-year olds, apparently). Arty, Above and Beyond, Myon and Shane, Cosmic Gate, Shato and Rockseek and about 30 other trance djs'd are the future but FBS has been constantly innovating and he's the biggest act Brighton's ever produced. How many people in the Far East or Rio have heard of 'Brighton and Hove Albion'?

Not very true, I'm 23 yet I like Nero, But true about how well known FBoy is I was strolling round a Chinease City and walked round a corner (to what must have been their music venue) to see FBoy concert adverts everywhere left right and above it was almost all I could see. Madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here