No we got nothing in common
No we cant talk at all

Capiche? I think you do now.

Bingo

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Roger Ebert is my favourite and most accurate critic and is the greatest critic of all time if there's such a thing.

Me ?. I couldn't possibly comment as I have not seen it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Roger Ebert is my favourite and most accurate critic and is the greatest critic of all time if there's such a thing.

Me ?. I couldn't possibly comment as I have not seen it.

Blimey how does that work.
You pronounce over all things film.
But have not seen a film that appears, in all film related, top 50 countdowns and is widely regarded as one of the Coen brothers best films.
Who, inturn, are regarded as one of the best film partnerships around.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
2233516281_cca019d013.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blimey how does that work.
You pronounce over all things film.
But have not seen a film that appears, in all film related, top 50 countdowns and is widely regarded as one of the Coen brothers best films.
Who, inturn, are regarded as one of the best film partnerships around.

Not really into the Coen brothers, I have not seen every film ever made. I do not pronounce myself over all things films, I give a review on film I have seen, I said in my post I had not seen it, therefore did not give a review, not hard to understand really.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Fargo is great, but I agree with Les that Miller's Crossing is their true star performer. The "Danny Boy" scene in that is one of the greatest moments in cinema history.

But the Coens have only made one truly bad film in their 12 or so attempts: the simply dismal remake of the Ladykillers. All the others are at the least good, and at their best, superb.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fargo was an okay film, but nothing to write home (or NSC) about, really.
Memorable mainly for that odd Wisconsin accent that they talk up there.

Fargo is set in Minnesota not Wisconsin.

I met someone from Minnesota shortly after seeing the film and was delighted to find he had that accent.

I've not seen Miller's Crossing but of the Coen Brothers films that I have seen, Fargo has to be the best.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I've never met anyone on here in person, but I bet there's a fair few to whom those immortal words from Fargo would apply:

"He's... y'know... kinda "funny-lookin'"

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Fargo = a fantastic film. Not up there with the Big Lebowksi, but still very very good. A couple of people have mentioned Miller's Crossing which I just didn't get at all, turned it off after an hour or so, bored out of my mind.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm not much of a fan of the schoolboy doperology of the Big Lebowski. Some of the dreamy sequences were enjoyable, just as they were in O Brother Where Art Thou, but the absurdism outmuscled the storyline for me, and left the scattered ruins of extremes and comedic lines all over the place rather than any notable layers stored beneath the surface worth eyeing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think I can OUT-BARGAIN, Easy's £4 purchase of 'Fargo'. The missus bought me 'The Pianist' in the 99p shop! Though, I will accept that it was only VHS and I assume Easy's was DVD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mine was indeed on DVD. And Fargo is BRILLIANT, whereas The Pianist is BORING, so you can KEEP your £3.01 change Mr K.

*winner*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really into the Coen brothers, I have not seen every film ever made. I do not pronounce myself over all things films, I give a review on film I have seen, I said in my post I had not seen it, therefore did not give a review, not hard to understand really.

So you do not pronounce over all things film, but felt the need to click onto a thread about FARGO, the clue was in the title, and pronounce on 2 seperate occasions, someone elses opinion. In order to attempt to cover up your own lack of knowledge.

To me that smacks of someone who has to pronounce on all things film but didn't have anything to say.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I opened up the thread as it was a film and I am interested in films. I posted 2 opposing opinions to show how people see the same film differently following on from a comment I made on another thread. What exactly is your problem with that ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here