Farewell Kemy...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think we'll all just have to wait & see what he has to say about the new management via twitter. I'm sure they will be very wise words.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
His example to our young pros, during the last year, should be seen as disgusting and treated as a form of gross misconduct. I find it interesting that if this guy was employed by a local authority, people would be clamouring for an investigation as to why he's only turned up for work three or four times in a year! and quite rightly asking why tax payers money is being wasted?!? Likewise I find it staggering that certain people feel it's acceptable to supplement this guys lifestyle, because he 'might' come good. It's frankly disgusting that he's calling himself a professional footballer, it's a case for the trade descriptions act. I resent paying money into his bank account, he's done nothing, he deserves nothing, he should get NOTHING.

Time for a lie down.

Kosh

i normally agree with what you say, but one thing confuses me. i have never heard officially that kemys issues were down to him or his attitude. apart from a couple of injury problems i've not heard the club actually say anything else about what his issues are. are you guessing or do know his attitude was wrong?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As been said....it's a clean slate for everyone
If and a big If Kemi fancies it, then he could be a useful (new) player
He would well suited for a faster style of attacking play
Give him pre season, by which time Sami will have formed an opinion...I am happy for our new manager to make the call

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is the club are quite clearly proud of their recruitment system and therefore share / trumpet it at every opportunity. So when you are told there is a vast database, SWOT analysis is done and every aspect considered and then you sign someone with a history of sulking and he turns out to be a sulker you don't look great.

It's not something to "bash Burke" with btw. I would say of last season's signings Ward and Lingard were excellent, Stephens almost certainly will be and Andrews did a job at times. Obika would have been some way down the list, Rodriguez was an Oscar request and signed on a very short deal and Lita was never given a chance by Oscar. But Agustien was frustrating because he clearly has personality issues that restrict his brilliance (c.f. Royston Drenthe). I think it's perfectly valid to point out that we missed this when we shouldn't have.

My original point is more to do with that fact that every club, even those with all the money (debt) in the world and every player to choose from, make signings that just don't work.
Why should Mr Burke and his team be any different.

Who's to say the club missed out on KA's 'personality issues'.

The Albion aren't shopping with an American Express black card, they aren't even shopping with a Nandos black card.
For all we know, at the time of the deal, the positives out weighed the negatives and Kemy was deemed worth the risk.

For whatever reason that was not to be.
Kemy, right now, may well be saying all the right thinks to the next team showing an interest in his obvious skills.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Forster-Caskey's game is definitely not as limited as Oscar's rigid role for him, made it seem.

He looked an entirely different player at the U-20 England tournament, given more scope to get forward, and to be creative.

Completely agree. JFC got plenty of playing time under Oscar but seemed to have been told to do little more than play safe and keep possession most of the time. Credit to Gareth Southgate for taking him to Toulon and giving him a more attacking role.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why oh why do we do this every summer break? Last time it was Harley, now it's Agustien.

As stated previously, he is available to leave - he is on the transfer list. There is a greater than 90% chance he will leave this summer. There was interest in him from clubs in England as mentioned on Twitter and back in his native Holland.

The problem will be Agustien himself and not members of the coaching staff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
El-Abd was dropped at Bristol because he fell out with the manager. We had him with us for over 10 years with hardly any problems. It happens. Hopefully Adam & Kemy can find clubs &/or managers who will get the best out of them.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I believe Kemy could turn out to be a very good player for us with a change of manager. We'll see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
El-Abd was dropped at Bristol because he fell out with the manager. We had him with us for over 10 years with hardly any problems. It happens. Hopefully Adam & Kemy can find clubs &/or managers who will get the best out of them.

Has he been told by Cotterill he can leave. It didnt help them playing him as a right back/centre back instead of orthodox centre back. I wouldnt be disappointed to see him return as back up to Dunk and Greer if no better available either to buy or loan. Could do with Andre Wisdom from Liverpool for a season loan he was on loan last year at Derby.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's no doubt that Kemy has ability, and i would like to see him do well, but why has he never become the regular playmaker for any of the teams he has played for ?

If I was a betting man, I would lay my money on Kosh's theory rather than the one that he was fit, motivated and just 'didn't get on' with the last management team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
CMS makes a possibly pointed reference to players having the chance to start again in his SKY blog

"The players that have struggled under Oscar will now have a great chance of pushing themselves into the gaffer's plans. "

CMS is a lovely man so that's about as pointed as he gets. Good spot.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Cut our losses. Move on. Enough is enough with Kemy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"The players that have struggled under Oscar will now have a great chance of pushing themselves into the gaffer's plans. "

CMS is a lovely man so that's about as pointed as he gets. Good spot.

Indeed.
I think we could all guess who he might be referring too :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports