Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewell Kemy...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
THis must be a different Kemi than the one who comes down to the u7s and u8s academy training evenings and has time to talk to the kids about football. I accept his son is there too, but he spends time with the kids answering all the questions. He also was present (and again held a question and answer session on the pitch) when this age group were given the chance to play matches at the Amex and use the facilities. From talking to him he sounds very much like a player who was frustrated by things that we will never be told or understand.

Me personally i hope he gets a great pre-season under his belt and comes back to the team and shows us what he really can do.

That's refreshing to read, and as a person making time to inspire kids is undoubtedly praiseworthy. He needs however, to make time to get fit and be professional in his approach to his job which is supposedly playing professional football. I wish him all the luck in the world, alas if last season was anything to go by... sadly he's going to need it.

Kosh

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This is Kemy's chance. Fight for his place, make the effort, then suddenly it looks to the world like it was Oscar's problem all along. If he wants to play football for any half decent team, this is his chance now, and I'd rather he take it.

Fully agree. Hopefully he will prove Garcia wrong and be a good player.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Fully agree. Hopefully he will prove Garcia wrong and be a good player.

He looked in no way fit enough to play Championship. If he manages to do so, he won't have proved Garcia wrong

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Indeed Keaton, you might say he's got an awful lot to prove - mostly to the people who pay his wages. I don't like facts to get in the way of fiction obviously, but let's face it - it'll be one hell of a transformation, especially as he probably weighs 20 stone plus after a summer of kicking back and having some 'me' time. Aw, bless.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Next time we're looking at signing a player from Swansea can we insist on a no quibble refund guarantee ? Harley , Dobbie and Agustein should have been returned under the Sale of Goods Act.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I'm merely offering an opinion as to his future, and couldn't give a rats ass with regards to his past.

if you don't "give a rat's ass about his past", on what exactly are you basing your "opinion as to his future"?

can you go and be a pretentious **** somewhere else now?

edit: ah, the good ol' swear filter. makes many of my posts into some kind of guessing game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oops!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I wouldn't want him at the club if I was manager, based purely on what is seemingly accepted fact with regards to his off and on field attitude!

He's a villain I tells yer.

Ah there's the rub! At no point have I cried 'facts', as you stated conjecture etc. I merely expressed an opinion based on Hyypia, based on Kemy, based on last year. With Jones in the fold (again I suspect) it's going to be a long, long road to redemption for Kemy. One performance a season does not (surely?) justify expenditure on wages. Some facts for ya: He had no serious injury, he stated he was getting it together via the press, then he started training with the youth team and playing for the development squad... all the while earning huge a amount of money. It's a joke.

You've clearly not read the press release regarding NJ being first team coach at SH's request?

Have you never needed a fresh start/clean slate under new management to improve?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If his attitude is right, I'd play him as the most forward of the midfield 3. At the moment we have him and jfc that can do that role. I think Stephens will play deeper. Adebayour came good last year under a new manager. This could be the case for kemy as well.

Great call. I see Adebayor as a very similar example as Kemy. Get his fit and raring to go and with the faith of the manager, he could be the real deal. If not, we really don't need someone who's repertoire stops at mooching around slowly in midfield before slamming the ball into the North Stand...

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Indeed Keaton, you might say he's got an awful lot to prove - mostly to the people who pay his wages. I don't like facts to get in the way of fiction obviously, but let's face it - it'll be one hell of a transformation, especially as he probably weighs 20 stone plus after a summer of kicking back and having some 'me' time. Aw, bless.

If he weighs over 12st and has more than 10% body fat I'd be amazed. He's been in the gym for the last few weeks getting "ahead" of his team mates for pre- season.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
If he weighs over 12st and has more than 10% body fat I'd be amazed. He's been in the gym for the last few weeks getting "ahead" of his team mates for pre- season.

You say 'ahead of' i'd say '12 months later than"

I don't hate Kemy, I was excited when we signed as in the few games i'd seen him play for Swansea he looked a really good player. However he looked completely unfit for all of last season, and when he played it looked like his ego refused to accept his limitations

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

Also if anyone has the picture Kaz (I think!?) put on twitter/instagram of the team in the changing room after a game, share it please. Kemy has his shirt off in it and he is absolutely not fat, he is utterly stacked. He has ability but he is the classic 'luxury' player, like Vicente - can't be relied on to track back and defend so you let him do his own thing, because he might make something happen. You can afford one luxury player but having two or three puts a lot of pressure on the defence. Is he the one luxury player we'd go with or is there better/more reliable out there?

I'd give him a last chance saloon ultimatum in pre-season - he hasn't justified his wages or shown his talent in any but the Reading game. Time to put his inspirational twitter quotes on into good use, step up to the plate and prove himself. Else its good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Will be interesting to find out what he thinks of his first choice keeper sitting outside a cafe with his cup of caffeine, and a tab hanging from his mouth.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Will be interesting to find out what he thinks of his first choice keeper sitting outside a cafe with his cup of caffeine, and a tab hanging from his mouth.

Ankergen? Weeks before pre-season starts. When he's not even in contract?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I've read that quite a high percentage of foreign players smoke. And the cardiovascular fitness of a back up keeper doesn't really concern me.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
After digesting the press conference from yesterday, one thing is clear: any individual not willing to take the club 'forward' and 'fight' for the cause are, to put it mildly, fkd. First out, Kemy. Sami is clearly not a man to appreciate a lack of desire, something that Kemy clearly excels at. Style over content, game over son.

I also appreciated his comments re the academy and Hyypia demonstrated (via the medium of speech), how he expects his first team players to lead by example. Kemy is the manifestation of a player setting the wrong example... "Kemy sit down, Kemy... You're out!"

All the fools have sailed away.

Kosh

Maybe his issue was with the previous manager and despite being fit and willing to play, wasn't being picked (for whatever reason) and this caused kemy to suffer a lack of motivation or was simply just frozen out because Oscar had his favourites? (like Vicente at Valencia?)

A new manager, a fresh start and someone he may actually get a look in from might be enough to get Kemy back to his best and benefit us as a club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd guess that he weighs closer to 13st. He's carrying a lot of muscle mass, which would be great if he was a rugby forward, but not so good for a footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here