Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] FAO Mods: Any Chance Of Flagging Up In Some Way Bounces Of Ten Year Old Threads?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmm. Desktop / laptop shows date thread was started on. By default mobile shows time last updated.

I honestly don't know if it will be "very quick to change", especially if the mobile responsive design is Xenforo's out of the box UI. I will have a poke around and after that you're in the hands of @Bozza

This really shouldn't be an issue for people on laptops / Macs etc though.
It is certainly not an issue for me.

But there again, I hadn't noticed the stamps have all changed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Alternatively, keep a small pocket book handy and simply make a note of each thread title and the date it was created. Then, before opening a thread, check your notebook and that will instantly give you a ready reference with regard to the thread’s age.

It’s what I do.
That's so old fashioned.

Why didn't you create an Excel spreadsheet?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's the problem with bouncing old threads anyway?

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, the UI is dynamic. You'd need Super Admin rights to even attempt a change which is only @Bozza you'd need to not break the dynamism or mobile look and feel and have somewhere to change and deploy the code, however simple.

Might be a five minute job, might be a PITA. I'm not the man who can tell you - but the man who can is tagged.

As a rule of thumb, even 'low code / no code' solutions can't just be changed in production. There has to be version control.
Add the following to the extra.less file found in the admin control panel, under templates:

.structItem-parts .structItem-startDate{
display: inline-block !important;
}

Jobs a gooden.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I've always enjoyed a good bounce on nsc. I also often enjoy witnessing a flounce.
Now I know that thpp is liable to a bounce flounce I'm rather excited.
Alas off on a massive drive soon else I'd be digging through old threads looking for something that sounded topical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here