Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t understand why there is never a chance it’s a 1901 ticket
We know you don’t…your jumping to conclusions about 1901ers demonstrates this. :smile:

Last edited:

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
I’m not denying it happens i.e. Brighton fans helping other Brighton fans, it’s a benefit so why wouldn’t it? I’m just calling out your, at best, flimsy evidence about passing tickets onto away fans. You literally typed “including 1901 passing tickets onto Liverpool supporters into the away end at Anfield.” That’s quite a bold and damning statement. When challenged by another poster you then admitted you were told they were “hospitality tickets”. My point is you do not know where they got their tickets from but were keen to point the finger at 1901 Club members.

You don’t agree with the benefit which you’re entitled to, but you have jumped to conclusions to support your argument.
does this happen? Yes.

Do we need evidence ? No

The basic here is that the club closed one loophole and threw lots of sanctions around. They didn’t close one other avenue and I am aware of people who get to go to go to games either via a player, a 1901 or a staff member. And none of these people are BHAFC fans.

No one is having a go at 1901 members, it’s all about this ability to give a ticket to others and that seat to accumulate points. I know someone with three 1901 - two are allocated to people and the third to a company name. The company named seat has lots of points so it means that if they want to take a guest they can.

This is a massive loophole. Some would say it’s a perk but I go back to the point that PB made last season about fairness and abuse of the system. The club had no dialogue with FAB on the away ticket sanction changes, they sanction some people and others can simply sidestep the process.

As for evidence….i don’t doubt that occurred at Liverpool, based on my experience at the Emirates when I saw a friend who is Arsenal through and through having a drink in our end at half time.

Maybe Jack can just take the line the club do. We believe it, so it’s right. They don’t acknowledge their errors so why should we.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We know you don’t…your jumping to conclusions about 1901ers demonstrates this. :smile:
Don't understand your point, there is a higher chance it was a 1901 ticket than not based on a short conversation, I haven't jumped to conclusions about 1901ers, a lot of my friends sit in there, I said SOME multiple times. I'd like to think I'm pretty well placed to know when this has happened before.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I’m not denying it happens i.e. Brighton fans helping other Brighton fans, it’s a benefit so why wouldn’t it? I’m just calling out your, at best, flimsy evidence about passing tickets onto away fans. You literally typed “including 1901 passing tickets onto Liverpool supporters into the away end at Anfield.” That’s quite a bold and damning statement. When challenged by another poster you then admitted you were told they were “hospitality tickets”. My point is you do not know where they got their tickets from but were keen to point the finger at 1901 Club members.

You don’t agree with the benefit which you’re entitled to, but you have jumped to conclusions to support your argument.
You are once again choosing to complete ignore the person whos 1901 ticket it was who told me he'd given it to United fan. The same happened at Brentford with a Tottenham fan who wanted to tick the ground off, which is when my friends have missed out pretty annoying. These aren't me guessing this are me being told 100%. If you keep on seeing it as an attack on all 1901 club members (which I've stated 3 or 4 times that it isn't) then you aren't ever going to accept that its possible that some people break the rules. Brighton fans helping other Brighton fans isn't a benefit as someone gets to jump the queue and get a ticket for a game they don't have enough points for ultimately, and that disadvantages another Brighton fans who has points just outside the bracket. I'm afraid that this whole 1901 can pass to whoever they want makes a mockery of the reasoning that people have been banned for 10 games for passing their ticket along to a mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are once again choosing to complete ignore the person whos 1901 ticket it was who told me he'd given it to United fan. The same happened at Brentford with a Tottenham fan who wanted to tick the ground off, which is when my friends have missed out pretty annoying. These aren't me guessing this are me being told 100%. If you keep on seeing it as an attack on all 1901 club members (which I've stated 3 or 4 times that it isn't) then you aren't ever going to accept that its possible that some people break the rules. Brighton fans helping other Brighton fans isn't a benefit as someone gets to jump the queue and get a ticket for a game they don't have enough points for ultimately, and that disadvantages another Brighton fans who has points just outside the bracket. I'm afraid that this whole 1901 can pass to whoever they want makes a mockery of the reasoning that people have been banned for 10 games for passing their ticket along to a mate.
Yesterday they were definitely 1901ers who gave their tickets to Liverpool fans....you had no evidence of this. Earlier today you have said there is a 'higher chance' it's 1901ers. Subsequently you have evidence of two examples. Your case is not exactly consistent and coherent, but I will accept it at face value.

As for the validity of this benefit I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is it fair that Tony Bloom always somehow manages to get a ticket in the away end for Brentford away?

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
1901ers pay a lot of money for their tickets and they get certain privileges with it that the rest of us don’t. That’s modern football unfortunately.

This type of thing is only going to increase as long as the Albion remain in the Premier League.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
1901ers pay a lot of money for their tickets and they get certain privileges with it that the rest of us don’t. That’s modern football unfortunately.

This type of thing is only going to increase as long as the Albion remain in the Premier League.
What was 1901 like pre Amex, out of curiosity?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I had about 8 Liverpool fans sitting in front of me when we played them in the FA Cup many years ago......turned out it was Craig Noone's family......his mum literally sat in front of me.
One of joys of going to Albion is to be surrounded by mostly same Albion supporters that we have got to know over the years at Amex. Is this not the same in 1901 or you often surrounde by people attending for a one off game.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am peeved at the sanctions most of us would face if caught passing an away ticket to a mate, personally I think you should be able to pass an away ticket to another member, once or twice a season, with a small admin fee, but have to declare it, and no loyalty points are awarded to either of you for the purchase. If caught not declaring, then removal of all loyalty points.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am peeved at the sanctions most of us would face if caught passing an away ticket to a mate, personally I think you should be able to pass an away ticket to another member, once or twice a season, with a small admin fee, but have to declare it, and no loyalty points are awarded to either of you for the purchase. If caught not declaring, then removal of all loyalty points.
The club definitely need to deal with the inability to transfer an away ticket if you can’t make it due to illness or whatever - good suggestion re points. No-one gets them but the ticket at least gets used. The ID special agents would simply need a list of approved transfers :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of joys of going to Albion is to be surrounded by mostly same Albion supporters that we have got to know over the years at Amex. Is this not the same in 1901 or you often surrounde by people attending for a one off game.
I cannot speak for all of 1901 but my seat is surrounded by season ticket holders who date back to the Withdean era at the very least. There is a slight churn every 5 years but in the main it's the same old faces. We are seated on the half way line so to get these seats you had to be first in the queue when they first started selling these tickets.....i.e. a Withdean season ticket holder.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I cannot speak for all of 1901 but my seat is surrounded by season ticket holders who date back to the Withdean era at the very least. There is a slight churn every 5 years but in the main it's the same old faces. We are seated on the half way line so to get these seats you had to be first in the queue when they first started selling these tickets.....i.e. a Withdean season ticket holder.
I think we all know that, but some are taking the micky with the passing on of the ticket, something which I think some 1901ers are failing to accept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here