[Albion] Fans Forum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My points are related to the club approach or statements regarding loyalty and making sure fans with the points get them (not passing tickets on). Your home and away status, using your own ticket is no different to other STH.
But if you see the point I highlighted and my response?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They pay double for the lounge, match programme, posh bogs and decent parking. And being able to take guests / give tickets to people without the whole ticket transfer kerfuffle.

So, don’t see why they then get perks for away games which are naff all to do with your home status and are (supposedly) all about loyalty.
Parking - dependant on membership level or number of tickets if gold.
Posh bogs - you haven’t been in them presumably
Take guests - if a seat available or you have purchased additional tickets.

it really isn’t what it’s made out to be.

For context/clarity.

As we were ST holders at the Goldstone and Withdean (went to Gillingham less due to circumstances), my Father, son and I decided to treat ourselves with a 1901 membership. We were in block A at Withdean and still have the poncho’s!

My father sadly passed away, so I have a spare ticket, I have kept it going to take friends and colleagues, they buy us a pint and pie and we’re happy, sure it has points about 170 last time I looked. The only time I have used it for someone else was at Wembley, and I bought tickets for guests as well, in the same way season ticket holders could.

If I wanted to sell it I can use ticket exchange or reallocate it.

Food choices in the lounge are less than the concourses and on occasions the service in terms of queuing is similar. Still we’ve made new friends and I wouldn’t change it.

If anything I actually think we should get more for our money.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
Parking - dependant on membership level or number of tickets if gold.
Posh bogs - you haven’t been in them presumably
Take guests - if a seat available or you have purchased additional tickets.

it really isn’t what it’s made out to be.

For context/clarity.

As we were ST holders at the Goldstone and Withdean (went to Gillingham less due to circumstances), my Father, son and I decided to treat ourselves with a 1901 membership. We were in block A at Withdean and still have the poncho’s!

My father sadly passed away, so I have a spare ticket, I have kept it going to take friends and colleagues, they buy us a pint and pie and we’re happy, sure it has points about 170 last time I looked. The only time I have used it for someone else was at Wembley, and I bought tickets for guests as well, in the same way season ticket holders could.

If I wanted to sell it I can use ticket exchange or reallocate it.

Food choices in the lounge are less than the concourses and on occasions the service in terms of queuing is similar. Still we’ve made new friends and I wouldn’t change it.

If anything I actually think we should get more for our money.
Please don’t think I view 1901 members with indifference. I completely understand your decision to go there and i sat there a couple times when the stadium first opened as a mate has tickets.

My opinion isn’t based on individuals or their passion for the club, it’s solely about equity in terms of process & the law. And how the loyalty points scheme can apply to a seat, not a person.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can afford 1901 but I don’t see the point in it. So let’s throw the envy argument out the window.

Atmosphere. Fair enough, they’re undoubtedly not to blame for the lack of atmosphere but something is amiss. Maybe it’s the new tier structure - window 1 400+ points and window 2 250+ points.
Or maybe it’s our performances.

I’ve mentioned it elsewhere on here but 1901 buys you lounge access at home. It’s not an away package. Just because you pay more doesn’t make you more loyal or more entitled to away tickets - that goes completely against the club’s fairness argument.

So call it bollocks if you want but why should someone get a ticket to Arsenal away when they’ve not done Burnley, Sheffield United etc etc?
Like most other businesses the club offers different products and different price points. If you pay more you typically get more. Do you complain about business class seats on planes? Bloom and Barber decide what benefits are included; if you’re unhappy about the 1901 package maybe take it up with them?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please don’t think I view 1901 members with indifference. I completely understand your decision to go there and i sat there a couple times when the stadium first opened as a mate has tickets.

My opinion isn’t based on individuals or their passion for the club, it’s solely about equity in terms of process & the law. And how the loyalty points scheme can apply to a seat, not a person.
The law?

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Hold on. I've No idea but I realised i was standing next to him quueing up to buy a drink at the Vitality on Sunday afternoon. Thats an afternoon above and beyond the call of duty for any fan even one attracted at first by the likes of Moises, Pervis and Sarmiento. .
I saw Ronald at Burnley too.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
The law about scalping. It was intended to help prevent disorder at football grounds, not target your average football supporter.

Every club has their own interpretation and rules.

On the ‘loyalty’ front - why should someone be able to go to an away match with no points?

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
Like most other businesses the club offers different products and different price points. If you pay more you typically get more. Do you complain about business class seats on planes? Bloom and Barber decide what benefits are included; if you’re unhappy about the 1901 package maybe take it up with them?
why on Earth would I complain about business class seats on planes?

They get the perks of the package. So do 1901 to a greater or lesser extent but the point is away tickets and that doesn’t relate to perks in the 1901 at home. It relates to people & their points, not perks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The law about scalping. It was intended to help prevent disorder at football grounds, not target your average football supporter.

Every club has their own interpretation and rules.

On the ‘loyalty’ front - why should someone be able to go to an away match with no points?
This discussion has been done to death. It’s a long standing benefit in return for paying a premium price and committing to 5 years. As I say, you’re better emailing this question to Barber.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
This discussion has been done to death. It’s a long standing benefit in return for paying a premium price and committing to 5 years. As I say, you’re better emailing this question to Barber.
It’s been done to death and it’s still flawed.

Any questions to Barber get the same responses. It would be a pointless exercise.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He’s probably got an auto response rule in outlook that fires when “1901” and “Away” feature in the subject line

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
why on Earth would I complain about business class seats on planes?

They get the perks of the package. So do 1901 to a greater or lesser extent but the point is away tickets and that doesn’t relate to perks in the 1901 at home. It relates to people & their points, not perks.
A 1901 ticket/account is used in exactly the same way as a regular ticket for home games and to buy tickets for away games. The difference is that it can be used by other people for both home and away. This flexibility is in return for a higher ticket price, a membership fee and also a 5 year commitment. I personally think this is a fair exchange. There’s nothing more I can say.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
A 1901 ticket/account is used in exactly the same way as a regular ticket for home games and to buy tickets for away games. The difference is that it can be used by other people for both home and away. This flexibility is in return for a higher ticket price, a membership fee and also a 5 year commitment. I personally think this is a fair exchange. There’s nothing more I can say.
And I don’t want to appear dismissive of other fans. I simply don’t agree that a loyalty scheme can work one way for one set of fans but differently for another. Regardless of expenditure.

Fairness is in the eye of the beholder, as they don’t say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I don’t want to appear dismissive of other fans. I simply don’t agree that a loyalty scheme can work one way for one set of fans but differently for another. Regardless of expenditure.

Fairness is in the eye of the beholder, as they don’t say.
No scheme is perfect and someone will always “lose” out. Sponsors get tickets to all matches and they will most likely be taking people to plum games, home and away, who ordinarily wouldn’t be able to attend. Bloom and Barber have their reasons for sponsor benefits, 1901 benefits as well as ST benefits.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
No scheme is perfect and someone will always “lose” out. Sponsors get tickets to all matches and they will most likely be taking people to plum games, home and away, who ordinarily wouldn’t be able to attend. Bloom and Barber have their reasons for sponsor benefits, 1901 benefits as well as ST benefits.
I get it. But it’s the line being taken by the Club about loyalty, fairness etc that simply doesn’t compute. Are the tickets going to loyal fans in a fair way? Well, it depends who determines it’s fair!!

we all have reasons for doing things, just some of them don’t make sense when you look at the way it’s been put in place or explained.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get it. But it’s the line being taken by the Club about loyalty, fairness etc that simply doesn’t compute. Are the tickets going to loyal fans in a fair way? Well, it depends who determines it’s fair!!

we all have reasons for doing things, just some of them don’t make sense when you look at the way it’s been put in place or explained.
On a point of pedantry, I think I am correct in saying the club deliberately do not use the word loyalty, but season ticket points.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s been done to death and it’s still flawed.

Any questions to Barber get the same responses. It would be a pointless exercise.
It’s flawed in your opinion - doesn’t mean it’s flawed (I’m not 1901, but can see why the premium membership would carry the additional benefit). Albion staff can buy away tickets too regardless of LPs :shrug:

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
It’s flawed in your opinion - doesn’t mean it’s flawed (I’m not 1901, but can see why the premium membership would carry the additional benefit). Albion staff can buy away tickets too regardless of LPs :shrug:
It is a simple matter of opinion. Taking the stated club line around it I’d say it’s flawed….as you’ve just helpfully pointed out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports