Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Apart from Clive Walker, are any of the sarky wits and jokers on this thread actually getting off their arses to make the forum a better standard? Sounds like you have a lot to say, but...
While I was initially excited by this, i think in reality, If it goes ahead, the forum is a complete waste of everyone's time. Barber will have well rehearsed answers on our bad form, FFP, recruitment/plans for the summer, injuries, he'll trot out the same lines about long term vision, bumps in the road, Roberto raising standards etc. Then you'll get a party line on the safe standing survey and whip up a bit of praise because of some 'commitment' to bring the women's team home. And of course he'll be thankful to Tony's annual commitment to the club (not his annual pay rise).

Roberto meanwhile will tell us how lucky he is to be here, how frustrated he is by the injuries and downturn, and how much he loves Mitoma, with some cryptic message about hoping he can be at the club for a long long time despite not signing a contract.

And that will be that, probably with some nonsense about the amount of milk in the west upper and the roof needing a clean. Oh and some sort of excitement about a fans bar that will probably serve the same stuff as every other bar at the ground.

Can't wait.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
While I was initially excited by this, i think in reality, If it goes ahead, the forum is a complete waste of everyone's time. Barber will have well rehearsed answers on our bad form, FFP, recruitment/plans for the summer, injuries, he'll trot out the same lines about long term vision, bumps in the road, Roberto raising standards etc. Then you'll get a party line on the safe standing survey and whip up a bit of praise because of some 'commitment' to bring the women's team home. And of course he'll be thankful to Tony's annual commitment to the club (not jis annual pay rise).

Roberto meanwhile will tell us how lucky he is to be here, how frustrated he is by the injuries and downturn, and how much he loves Mitoma, with some cryptic message about hoping he can be at the club for a long long time despite not signing a contract.

And that will be that, probably with some nonsense about the amount of milk in the west upper and the roof needing a clean. Oh and some sort of excitement about a fans bar that will probably serve the same stuff as every other bar at the ground.

Can't wait.
And they did it the same day as Eastbourne Town v Hassocks, so I am otherwise, occupied.

EDIT:

Genuinely if anyone goes can they ask why they changed the packaging for the pies, the pie packaging is awful, and the filling always slips out onto my lap now. The bags were much better the cardboard not so much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
While I was initially excited by this, i think in reality, If it goes ahead, the forum is a complete waste of everyone's time. Barber will have well rehearsed answers on our bad form, FFP, recruitment/plans for the summer, injuries, he'll trot out the same lines about long term vision, bumps in the road, Roberto raising standards etc. Then you'll get a party line on the safe standing survey and whip up a bit of praise because of some 'commitment' to bring the women's team home. And of course he'll be thankful to Tony's annual commitment to the club (not his annual pay rise).

Can't wait.

There’ll be a token 5 minutes on the women’s team to tick inclusivity boxes.

In general much mutual back slapping and “Living The Dream” arse licking from folk who haven’t clocked a sea of losses and draws.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There’ll be a token 5 minutes on the women’s team to tick inclusivity boxes.

In general much mutual back slapping and “Living The Dream” arse licking from folk who haven’t clocked a sea of losses and draws.
Not really sure what the womens team have to do with any of this, some people are interested in that and arguably there’s a lot bigger questions surrounding them. Just because it doesn’t interest you doesn’t mean it’s box ticking.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Can't wait.

What do you realistically expect these people to say in public?

So you think it's a complete waste of everyone's time? There are plenty of clubs out there whose fans are pissed off that there is zero communication with their board and team management. If you listen to Chelsea, Tottenham, Man Utd podcasts, as I occasionally do, you'll be well aware of this constant complaint. Instead of taking the piss out of long-standing loyal supporters of our club, perhaps you should feel a bit of gratitude that our chief executive and first team coach are willing to sit in front of a big group of fans and (no doubt) try to deal with the tsunami of moaning coming their way.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s the awkward silences that get me you know like the ones from back in the day when a girlfriend asks if you are cheating on her 🤣

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What do you realistically expect these people to say in public?

So you think it's a complete waste of everyone's time? There are plenty of clubs out there whose fans are pissed off that there is zero communication with their board and team management. If you listen to Chelsea, Tottenham, Man Utd podcasts, as I occasionally do, you'll be well aware of this constant complaint. Instead of taking the piss out of long-standing loyal supporters of our club, perhaps you should feel a bit of gratitude that our chief executive and first team coach are willing to sit in front of a big group of fans and (no doubt) try to deal with the tsunami of moaning coming their way.
Well this is exactly the point isn't it. There isn't realistically anything of note that they can say in public, which is why it's pretty much a waste of time.

It becomes an annual event run by an extremely competent speaker who tells us how he's running things, and reiterates what he's told the media already.

It's definitely commendable compared to some clubs who do nothing, but the only people who get anything out of it are the club, who can say they've spent an hour listening to supporters.

The only interesting thing about this one is it's the first i can remember to be held a) with a season still going and b) when we are playing shite, so maybe it will be a whinge up. But that doesn't mean any supporters will get anything out of it, other than the few who want to feel like they are being heard and don't realise they are a tick in a box. And of course, those who want Paul Barber to know they've been watching the club in the West Stand since 1979, and why we can't defend a set piece.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It’s going to be a “keep the faith” evening I imagine. Bumps in the road talk with another season in Europe being the target next season.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can someone ask what the club’s position is on EFL funding? After we’ve covered the cock up on the field that is.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This will no doubt be a joyous night.

At least we'll get the long supporter biographies to use up all the time and take our minds off the miserable end to the season though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t see much if any time being spent discussing current form - will simply be about injuries and (knowing how PB operates) a recognition that a few mistakes were made and lessons have been learned. Anyone expecting a detailed analysis/inquest is going to be disappointed. It’ll be all about the foward-looking vision and the new targets

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I've been analysing this, and I have come to the conclusion that it can only mean: "Get ready chaps, I'm about to deliver a set-piece that poses absolutely zero threat to the opposition".
He’s pointing to the the state of the roof, needs cleaning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here