Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] fans forum

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Klopp said it pretty well the other day when asked about transfers: "We live in a world at the moment with a lot of uncertainty. For some clubs it seems to be less important how uncertain the future is as they are owned by oligarchs and countries, that's the truth".

Tony Bloom is no oligarch and as far as I know no country either.

PL clubs appear to have gone two ways this window. With the loss of all crowd revenue, reduced commercial income and a rebate due back to the broadcasters:

a) Brighton, Liverpool, West Ham, Burnley, perhaps others - acting accordingly.

b) Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa, ManU, Everton - acting as if nothing has changed. Their cash flow advantage over (a) can only have come from huge cash injections from owners.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow. Listening back some real dumbass questions.

“lolz so do you even know what your best 11 is lolz?” (To be fair some on NSC have this old school mindset as well)

“Why don’t you play Alzate in CM, why does he play every where else like Rb. And last season as well”, was a real corker.

Well done to Graham and co. For the patience to deal with all that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was a (predictably) dull listen. I'd have been interested to know what contingency plans they have considered (if any) in terms of STH refunds if - as looks likely - this season goes 6 months+ without fans being able to attend. Direct debit suspensions ? Staged refunds ?

But I didn't get my arse into gear to bother asking, so I can hardly moan can I.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Are you only allowed an opinion if you have supported the club since birth?
I kind of agree with him,but as a fan from childhood, being a STH through the war years, is my opinion valid, even though I think you have posted a load of bollox about [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]?

Yes, your opinion is more valid. I think your opinion if you believe that each of us that wants a new player should pay for them ourselves is bollox and you are a bit thick, but you are more entitled to it than someone that doesn't realise how much it means to some of is to stay in the Prem. I don't think he has the right to condascend real Brighton fans. Obviously you do and I couldn't give a f***. You really don't think that a lifelong Brighton fan, one that has paid into the club for most of their lives and always will has more right to an opinion about our club than someone that has just turned up to w@nk over Potter and will be gone soon? Look at his username FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow. Listening back some real dumbass questions.

“lolz so do you even know what your best 11 is lolz?” (To be fair some on NSC have this old school mindset as well)

“Why don’t you play Alzate in CM, why does he play every where else like Rb. And last season as well”, was a real corker.

Well done to Graham and co. For the patience to deal with all that.

Never talk diretly to the public if you are an auteur like the Barbs, whether in the arts, sciences or in football.

**** me, even I struggle with it when condescending to engage with NSC :shrug:

Only kidding, folks :thumbsup:

<I think I just got away with that>

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I missed the whole thing by mistake, but glad I did. The only bit of excitement, going by feedback in this thread, some cnt who asked a question (slagging off the club or players) near the end.

Very little learnt.

I still think we’ll sign a quality forward.

Language Timothy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Language Timothy

Timothy? Our new tall Striker?

07c482138e914d76f6695eb9e48d9857.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we don't get a good enough extra striker, we could def go down imho.

Also Got the dark blue, 83 relegation kit copy, 4th season in the top flight....... Its all aligned!

That last bit does worry me; relegation shirts.

OK with the squad though - a senior striker very, very desirable, but no way are we automatically condemned to relegation with no-one else incoming. More goals from midfield this year I think.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
PL clubs appear to have gone two ways this window. With the loss of all crowd revenue, reduced commercial income and a rebate due back to the broadcasters:

a) Brighton, Liverpool, West Ham, Burnley, perhaps others - acting accordingly.

b) Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa, ManU, Everton - acting as if nothing has changed. Their cash flow advantage over (a) can only have come from huge cash injections from owners.

Think Chelsea still had more than £100m banked from selling Eden Hazard to Real Madrid and couldn’t spend due to their transfer ban that ended this year so even with their spending they’re still in “profit”.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hats off to the Barbmeister giving short shrift to matey on about loyalty points. Was it 75% of aways go unsold fully?

Sounds about right. Any games outside of London seem to go all the way to general sale, including Utd, City and Liverpool. Anyone complaining about not having the chance to accumulate loyalty points has a weak argument now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fans' forums are a PR exercise for the club. There might be some useful questions/answers about match day experience and practicalities, especially in current times, but you're not going to get anything other than very high-level info about player targets or playing style. The club aren't going to give any info away on specific deals they're trying to do until the player is holding up the shirt, and it's eye-rolling stuff when a fan, who sees the players once or twice a fortnight, is offering advice to the very experienced and well paid coaching staff, who work with them 6 days a week.

I don't think that we're short of cash for what it's worth. If we were, we wouldn't be turning down £25m for a defender that wasn't even in our first team last year, particularly when we have plenty of options in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here