Fans Forum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Wow! I expected to be hearing, words of praise, tears of joy and thanks for the way the club has progressed under TB's stewardship. MP is an unsung hero at this club and I wouldn't be surprised if a top premiership club made an approach for him. It is sad that the club perception of NSC is so negative, the percentage of posters are genuine fans who love the club but there are a fair few moaners and whingers who tend to make a lot of noise. I feel part of NSC and am a big fan, warts and all.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Just got back. It was a bit cringey. I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage the more positive amongst you to attend next time so that it's a more pleasurable experience for all in the future.

So have i and would agree with this. Some of the comments were quite frankly, embarrasing. MP looked angry at one point as clearly he has put a lot of effort into making the club fully inclusive for all. Who could blame Gus if he looked elsewhere if he thinks that was representative of the fans views? Well done to the last person to comment, summed up the feelings of the majority.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
On the way home from it. Like Notters, I found some of the moaning boring quite frankly. However, I believe that Perry and Brown fudged some of the more contentious questions, like disabled parking, which may have led to similar questions being asked that kept the negative theme running. If they had said at the time, "See us afterwards to discuss and set up a meeting.", then it may have nipped it in the bud earlier.

In Martin Perry's defence, this dialogue did take place afterwards and he stayed for 25 minutes afterwards. Not sure how it went, but I'm sure it'll come out.

I asked the question about the number of NPC chairmen who voted for the reduction (I wasn't negative! :)). Amazed by the response and from that I guess it's not worth the club pursuing.

In other news, I tried the pies - had the chicken, gammon and leek and frankly, they're awesome. I'm going to get fat(ter)...! Albion Ale was quite nice too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I also managed to ask a non-negative question, so clearly there is some positivity both on NSC and in the wider fanbase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only 780 spaces now. Falmer school was supposed to have space for 1000 cars, but for now there won't be any parking at the school.

Wrong. 650 on site, 1100 over the road at the Uni.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Just got back and gotta agree most of the questions were embarrassing. Although I did managed to shake Tonys hand and thank him for everything :)

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I think rather then e-mails etc to apologise - how about finding out the first name of the person who said thanks at the end (anyone one know who he was?), start a chorus on saturday or against donny.

STAND UP IF YOU AGREE WITH (NAME)!!!!

Show that we appreciate and thank TB MP etc!!!

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
There is a hell of a lot of positivity and rightly so. There is also some negativity on the handling of the disabled parking issue at the Amex which should be raised. I agree with Carrot Cruncher that as the question was not answered well by MP initially it re-surfaced again which added to the negative feeling.

For those not appreciating the views and concerns of our disabled supporters please check out the disabled parking thread on here - for many who had to endure dire facilities at Withdean it's a highly emotive subject.Most of us take hopping on a bus or train for granted or having to walk a few miles for some it's not an option.

That said there were some absolute tools in attendance by the sound of it!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I guess just a lot of people haveing their views

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Jesus... listening to a Jedward album whilst playing world of warcraft would have been less painful than listening to some of that!
:shootself

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Following the Fans Forum I sent an email to MP about an hour ago to express my support for what he has done for the club. I have just received the following response:

"Thank you very much for your very kind e-mail – I very much appreciate the fact that you have taken the trouble to write to me. It is disappointing when people appear to be so negative about what is a fantastic stadium. But I know that we all have done a fantastic job and we have got one of the best stadiums in the country.

Once again very many thanks for your very kind e-mail."

It would be good if as many grat

The university site talked about is over the other side of the A27 & about a half a mile walk, so I dont think they can be counted in the 700 spaces at the ground. There are actually only 38 spaces adjacent to the ground now as 6 were tken to cover a shortfall in the 1901 club. There is 4 spaces kept for away fans .
A parking place half a mile away is not an acceptable solution for anyone with a disability that makes it difficult to walk.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I really cant be arsed to read about moaning whingers....did Gus mention that were close on anymore signings before the season starts ?

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
A parking place half a mile away is not an acceptable solution for anyone with a disability that makes it difficult to walk.

Surely if needs must, the driver can drop the diasabled person off at a stadium entrance and then drive to a parking space? In percentage terms how many other stadiums in the UK have allocated as many disabled parking spaces within a few metres of the ground? Methinks we have some fans with unrealistic expectations.

Surely if needs must, the driver can drop the diasabled person off at a stadium entrance and then drive to a parking space? In percentage terms how many other stadiums in the UK have allocated as many disabled parking spaces within a few metres of the ground? Methinks we have some fans with unrealistic expectations.
What if the driver is a disabled person?

Methinks we have some fans with unrealistic understanding of disabilities.

Sep 1, 2010
Just got back from the Forum, managed to get question in that was actually football related. A few of the questions about the disabled issue were valid open honest questions but a few were delibrately loaded and one couple had a right attitude problem. A few other questions about ticket priorities and the tit that mentioned when are we going to buy a household name......FFS. Never going again to a forum as it has a percentage of total whiners of that i have complete contempt for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports