Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm going to be slightly controversial here. Clearly the negativity shown tonight wasc out of.keeping with the current situation. However I don't believe that we have more whingeing as a percentage of ticketholders now than previously.

In the past concerns would be raised and answered via a number of.forums and by good friends like lord b on others behalf. When I say good friends I mean ones who will ask and advise you when issues occur. However this process now doesn't happen and so thing fester and escalate to fill a vacuum of lack of.information.

Martin Perry.is.clearly aware of.concern about disabled facilities voiced on nsc. But whatvhas he or his team done about addressing it? Rather than name calling nsc he should use it to.inform and educate. The 10% spaces is a good.sounding but how.accurate is it? Last week.the club said there was 44 spaces which is 3%. So.perhaps.the stuff.posted on.nsc has helped them review and amend their plan which should be a good thing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The issue for many of our disabled fans is that they were told when buying their season ticket that there would be parking and initially no mention of having to pay for it. MP confirmed in writing that there would be 120 spaces for disabled fans which has now been reduced to 46 I believe.
I think it is now, 46 adjacent to the stadium plus 30 in the university grounds (plus 4 disabled spaces for away supporters). This accounts for about 10% of the 700 or so parking spaces available.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Other than the disabled issue and the screen, what was the moaning about? I am/was unable to listen to it.

Thanks muchly in advance.

Well 10 minutes was taken up by some mentalist who has not got the correct loyalty points on his account so is worried he will not get a Pompey ticket and someone asked when Gus was going to deliver on his promise of getting a household name striker

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The issue for many of our disabled fans is that they were told when buying their season ticket that there would be parking and initially no mention of having to pay for it. MP confirmed in writing that there would be 120 spaces for disabled fans which has now been reduced to 46 I believe.

MP did say 46 disabled spaces near site plus another 30 at the Uni with 4 disabled spaces for away fans in the coach park. The 120 disabled parking spaces might go back to a time when the club thought there was going to be parking spaces available at the Falmer High School site and possibly Southern Water on matchdays.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Other than the disabled issue and the screen, what was the moaning about? I am/was unable to listen to it.

Thanks muchly in advance.
Those were really the only moans, but the disabled issue's were mentioned by three different people and took up a good proportion of the meeting.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I think it is now, 44 adjacent to the stadium plus 30 in the university grounds (plus 4 disabled spaces for away supporters). This accounts for about 10% of the 700 or so parking spaces available.

If it is then good......but why has it taken until a few days before the first game to sort out. I know a number of disabled fans have been really stressed over this which wasn't necessary.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the past concerns would be raised and answered via a number of.forums and by good friends like lord b on others behalf. When I say good friends I mean ones who will ask and advise you when issues occur. However this process now doesn't happen and so thing fester and escalate to fill a vacuum of lack of.information.

It appears that what you are saying is that the club are now acting more professionally and controlling all information and not relying on people in what was called 'the inner circle of fans', to give out the information, can this be a bad thing provided the club give out the relevant information.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I ended up turning the radio off after 30 mins. It was hard to drive whilst listening to the endless rambling negativity. Felt for Perry, Bloom and co tonight. They should have been roared to the rafters for what they have done over the past 2 years.

Yes, I agree that the disabled facilities could be better, but I guess there are very valid reasons other than saving money, or just not giving a sh!t. Maybe when the East stand is expanded extra effort can be put in to get disabled sections in both tiers of the stand so people are not left with being put in the corners or low level. But the issues of car parking will remain, so BODS and the club will have to work round it. Withdean disabled parking was not exactly world class!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why is it that when that potless pillock Dick Tight was doing THE forums all he had WAS praise DESPITE ruining the club ? Yet TONIGHT when everything is going GREAT all people DO is moan ?

You'd think all these IDIOTS want to be at Withdean playing shit so they CAN feel important.

The potless pillock Dick Tight ensured that only his LICKERS were allowed to attend the forums in those days. All the questions were written by him anyway. :angry:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
martin.perry[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk

I will be writing a little note....what MP and TB have done in the past few years has been nothing short of unbelievable. I have been following the Albion for 42 years and I have NEVER felt so optimistic, proud, and just downright HAPPY!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If it is then good......but why has it taken until a few days before the first game to sort out. I know a number of disabled fans have been really stressed over this which wasn't necessary.
I can't answer that, but MP said that there had been an ongoing dialogue with BODS (the latest meeting was last week).

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010

The university site talked about is over the other side of the A27 & about a half a mile walk, so I dont think they can be counted in the 700 spaces at the ground. There are actually only 38 spaces adjacent to the ground now as 6 were tken to cover a shortfall in the 1901 club. There is 4 spaces kept for away fans .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just got back. It was a bit cringey. I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage the more positive amongst you to attend next time so that it's a more pleasurable experience for all in the future.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It appears that what you are saying is that the club are now acting more professionally and controlling all information and not relying on people in what was called 'the inner circle of fans', to give out the information, can this be a bad thing provided the club give out the relevant information.

That's not what I was saying and once again you have clearly misunderstood perhaps deliberately what was said. If having issue resolved before they escalate into public.criticism is being unprofessional then I think being unprofessional is best practice in customer service terms. It was very much a one way relationship with the inner circle.as.you call it being a help to the club in an unpaid capacity. It wasn't their Job to communicate the outcome. That was the clubs. But the club didn't always understand thestrength of feeling on some.issues and needed prompting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here