[Albion] Fans' Forum - 4th August

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
IF what Bloom said R.E Stephens had truth behind it about "if a player doesn't want to sign etc" then do we cash in? No point losing out on 5 million this season if he's going to leave on a free next season? just my opinion but i think that question stumped bloom and i don't think he handled it well

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IF what Bloom said R.E Stephens had truth behind it about "if a player doesn't want to sign etc" then do we cash in? No point losing out on 5 million this season if he's going to leave on a free next season? just my opinion but i think that question stumped bloom and i don't think he handled it well
The interesting thing was that the question was about Stephens and Kayal, yet Tony only answered about Stephens.

Cantor also mentioned about not giving something away.

There was tale of a noise in the room which obscured part of the question, but this wasn't picked up by the broadcast microphones, and the question was clear for those not at the event.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You must be joking, its one of the comedy highlights of the pre season.

Indeed - it's a sublime semi-improvised, character based piece of comedy, with a blend of intricate Ablion in-jokes and utterly surrreal non-sequiturs. One of the highlights of my season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reading between the lines I reckon we are going to cash in on Stephens if he doesn't sign, which I guess it exactly what he wants

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading between the lines I reckon we are going to cash in on Stephens if he doesn't sign, which I guess it exactly what he wants
Agreed. Unless Tony keeps his nerve and plays his hand in January - less value, but a chance Dale will sign if we are top 2 at that point...

I always thought we'd lose 1 this summer. As long as it's not more we'll be ok.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed. Unless Tony keeps his nerve and plays his hand in January - less value, but a chance Dale will sign if we are top 2 at that point...

I always thought we'd lose 1 this summer. As long as it's not more we'll be ok.

It could be like Barnes, who went in the January window.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I would imagine the decision will be taken in January to sell DS if he is not willing to sign a new contract by then dependant on league position etc. (Assuming he is not sold in next month). Same goes for Kayal. I have a feeling DS will be gone by the end of the January transfer window. If we don't replace him in that window then I think Kayal will run his contract down and see where we are at the end of the season. Horrid position for the club with too extremely influential players. However not a lot they can do. As TB said you cant force players to sign contracts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here