Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan's Forum - 17th Feb, 7pm

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe... I might be going to a pub on Wednesday but otherwise why not.

Are they fully open over there now mate? What’s life like over there?!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I remember pubs. We used to have them in this country too.

Barely have them here, they need to close at 20.00, maximum four people per table and only table service... pretty much no interaction except for those you bring along. Hoping for a decent, these days slightly illegal, after party.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Previous ones you just registered and they sent details of the zoom meeting, this one you have to have a zoom account before you can register. I cant see any reason for that, as you don't need an account to join a meeting, other than to increase the number of zoom accounts. Just makes it a pain to join!

Previous ones were quite good with some new info, insights, but as always the dick head questions that are impossible to answer or have been answered numerous times before.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are they fully open over there now mate? What’s life like over there?!

Nope, only open until 20.00.

Life here is... currently I'm in my home town (Lund) which is a student city filled with young people and a lot of people dont care too much, if I want to find some dorm party on a Saturday its no problem really. Overall I imagine it is sort of like over there, probably a bit more lenient as Sweden cant restrict people the way you can over there due to our constitution (that cant be changed; if they decide today they want to change it, they need to wait two four year terms before the changes can actually go through). Which is sometimes nice but sometimes not so optimal, plenty of people are going skiing in the north now to the dismay of the government but there's just no way to stop it.

Its all pretty much just a duller version of normal.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lol likewise....although evening games make it slightly more convenient given I work Saturdays...but on balance 3pm Saturdays is number 1

Ps I quite like Friday night games ..always found atmosphere to be good (helps if we win)

Honestly I hate Friday games, I’m shot to bits on a Friday when I get home, it really is an age thing, I’m sure many peoples plumbing goes wrong on a Friday afternoon :annoyed:

Nope, only open until 20.00.

Life here is... currently I'm in my home town (Lund) which is a student city filled with young people and a lot of people dont care too much, if I want to find some dorm party on a Saturday its no problem really. Overall I imagine it is sort of like over there, probably a bit more lenient as Sweden cant restrict people the way you can over there due to our constitution (that cant be changed; if they decide today they want to change it, they need to wait two four year terms before the changes can actually go through). Which is sometimes nice but sometimes not so optimal, plenty of people are going skiing in the north now to the dismay of the government but there's just no way to stop it.

Its all pretty much just a duller version of normal.

If you turned up to a dorm party wouldn't they just think you were there to collect your grandson/daughter ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Previous ones you just registered and they sent details of the zoom meeting, this one you have to have a zoom account before you can register. I cant see any reason for that, as you don't need an account to join a meeting, other than to increase the number of zoom accounts. Just makes it a pain to join!

Previous ones were quite good with some new info, insights, but as always the dick head questions that are impossible to answer or have been answered numerous times before.

Takes about 15 seconds and is free.........and with an account you can use the app rather than just the web portal. The free version is pretty good, I’ve been using a lot for catching up with pals.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Takes about 15 seconds and is free.........and with an account you can use the app rather than just the web portal. The free version is pretty good, I’ve been using a lot for catching up with pals.

I've done all the others, but if it's more than just clicking accept, I'm out. It can go the same way as the local wood fired pizza van. Happy to walk up and get one, but now it's pre-orders only!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If it lasts for more than 2 hours like one of the recent ones it would mean 6-8 hours of work for me... someone would have to pay me for it.

One day when GP manages Manchester United or some other club with 100 million fans I'm going to try to make a living as a GP interpreter.

Swanny mentally lining up his move to redcafe.net as “Seagullsman”.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

And this is why I won't be joining this Forum, I don't want to register for a Zoom account.

If someone could ask PB why it was necessary this time to have a Zoom account rather than being invited as previously.
Is it that the Albion get £50 for each 'friend' they get to open an account?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If no-one asks why we have two players standing to take each corner, what's even the point of this?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

If you have a gmail or Facebook account you can use that to sign into Zoom really easily so the Zoom account part shouldn’t be a stumbling block to joining the fans’ forum. However do agree the previous way of just sending a link out was better. Presumably they want some sort of social media analytics and want to know who actually joined the session?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

I've done all the others, but if it's more than just clicking accept, I'm out. It can go the same way as the local wood fired pizza van. Happy to walk up and get one, but now it's pre-orders only!

And this is why I won't be joining this Forum, I don't want to register for a Zoom account.

If someone could ask PB why it was necessary this time to have a Zoom account rather than being invited as previously.
Is it that the Albion get £50 for each 'friend' they get to open an account?

If you have a gmail or Facebook account you can use that to sign into Zoom really easily so the Zoom account part shouldn’t be a stumbling block to joining the fans’ forum. However do agree the previous way of just sending a link out was better. Presumably they want some sort of social media analytics and want to know who actually joined the session?

I know its relatively easy to get an account, and as it happens I have one (I needed it for something else) what slightly irked me was that there is no need for it. One of my pet hates is the unnecessary need to register for absolutely everything these days, or the ludicrous requirements for passwords with a zillion different characters and the like, that you haven't used before or have any recognisable sequence or repletion etc. Its all well and fine for sites that have financial details, banks, and the like but not for seeing what time the bus leaves, what is on Iplayer or to look at graham potter saying "These are a good team" on BBC Sports or the numerous other times you have to create an account for no good reason

Its just one of a whole rafty of things making using the interweb more hassle than its worth at times

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know its relatively easy to get an account, and as it happens I have one (I needed it for something else) what slightly irked me was that there is no need for it. One of my pet hates is the unnecessary need to register for absolutely everything these days, or the ludicrous requirements for passwords with a zillion different characters and the like, that you haven't used before or have any recognisable sequence or repletion etc. Its all well and fine for sites that have financial details, banks, and the like but not for seeing what time the bus leaves, what is on Iplayer or to look at graham potter saying "These are a good team" on BBC Sports or the numerous other times you have to create an account for no good reason

Its just one of a whole rafty of things making using the interweb more hassle than its worth at times

It's clearly so they can identify the askers of stupid questions, so they can be blocked from future events.

At least, I ****ing hope it is :)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If no-one asks why we have two players standing to take each corner, what's even the point of this?

I don’t have a problem with this generally but can someone feedback that to maximise the element of surprise both players should realistically be in a stance that suggests either could generally take it, rather than one standing behind the corner flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its all well and fine for sites that have financial details, banks, and the like but not for seeing what time the bus leaves, what is on Iplayer or to look at graham potter saying "These are a good team" on BBC Sports or the numerous other times you have to create an account for no good reason

Debating with people on NSC not included i trust !

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Just a bump to this thread in case anyone's forgot and wants to tune in at 7pm.

Am keen to watch Burnley v Fulham (6pm) so will have the second half on mute, whilst listening to the forum

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here