Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans facing lengthy bans for racism

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The guy who sits in front of me in the North told me that the offending bloke was thrown out for allegedly singing a song about the Korean War and for making monkey chants. I have to add I didn't hear any of this myself, so I am admittedly passing on gossip and unconfirmed speculation.

Yeh comments about Son eating dogs (don’t see an issue with this particularly as it is a Korean thing no? But poor taste - although the Man U Park song was genius and nobody seemed to find that racist?) and monkey chants apparently. Got told about this after the game by someone that dealt with it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just so everyone knows...

First insult was against Sissoko, couldn’t quite believe the words used, but didn’t know who said it. Second time, comment amount Son. When I looked around bloke behind was telling him to pack it in. He took exception when I called him a racist and not to say it again, as with all these knobheads he started on the verbals and offered to take it outside, surprisingly when I asked him to join me he refused. My mate had noted his seat number and went to report it. The racist even threatened to kill me so an extra thing to report to the police.

Must say the stewards and police were excellent and statements given to the police after the game. Everyone around us were very supportive and the stewards had no issues identifying him as everyone pointed him out. No place for racists anywhere in society, can’t quite believe what he thought would happen shouting out such comments.

Not seen him before in our part of the North Stand as mainly season ticket holders. I hope no one made a mistake and gave their ticket to this guy.

If you ever hear racists comments please report it, it is the only we will eradicate such nonsense from football.

Just quoting this as it may be missed by many (it was sitting in the new user moderation queue which I've only just gone through).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How did any of you wet lettuces ever survive 80-90’s football? Maybe the eager grasses never did ???

Probably because the vast majority of people at football even back then went to watch and support their team. There was of course a very small section that thought it was about a macho stand off but thankfully they've long gone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sir Sir someone’s smoking in the toilet :lolol: get a life ffs.

56 people in Bradford may still have their lives, if someone hadn't thrown a cigarette end down in the stand.

It's not school, it's a crowded public venue which has safety rules for good reason.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
56 people in Bradford may still have their lives, if someone hadn't thrown a cigarette end down in the stand.

It's not school, it's a crowded public venue which has safety rules for good reason.

I know no lives were lost but didn't the south stand at the Goldstone go the same way ?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Or maybe the ones hurling obscene abuse at Bong every time he went near the ball.

Some fans treatment of Bong gets right on my nerves. Bloke seems a gent and give his all, even though the quality we have now is leaving him behind. Not his fault. At 3 nil up when he came on bloke behind me shouted "Oh god, Bong, we'll lose 4-3 now!". When warming up on the sidelines every player but him got a song. I shouted the Vader March but no one joined in again. Makes me chuckle every time though.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
If you've been going all this time you definitely have

He must have always sat as far away from the singers as possible!

Smudge its the one which starts "in 1983, we went to Wembley, to play Man United and make history."
After 'Wembley' the tune morphs into The Wild Rover.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet...those who have got back from their shift driving the Whitehawk 1 are now popping up on this thread, tut tutting at people objecting to other people smoking in the lavs at the Amex, and objecting to people reporting those skwarking racist bile.

I sit in W Upper. Nobody smokes in the lavs there. Nobody skwarks racism. Why not? Because we don't have many low life, selfish, back to the 70s, numpty wankers sitting in WU. They haven't got the bus fare.

Dear oh dear. There is only one solution to these degerates. Keep them out of West Upper and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0

Interesting that THEY reminisce of chivalrous bygone times where it was Albion hooligans defending their club/town against hooligans of other clubs. Innocents never punched or stabbed .... bollocks. Purely an honour and fun thing, apparently. Salt of the earth decent folk.

But come on here bitter that racists and homophobes are getting done by the legal system and banned by the owner of the Amex.

Very revealing. Perhaps the apologists are quite vile characters themselves. Is anyone surprised?

Just so everyone knows...

First insult was against Sissoko, couldn’t quite believe the words used, but didn’t know who said it. Second time, comment amount Son. When I looked around bloke behind was telling him to pack it in. He took exception when I called him a racist and not to say it again, as with all these knobheads he started on the verbals and offered to take it outside, surprisingly when I asked him to join me he refused. My mate had noted his seat number and went to report it. The racist even threatened to kill me so an extra thing to report to the police.

Must say the stewards and police were excellent and statements given to the police after the game. Everyone around us were very supportive and the stewards had no issues identifying him as everyone pointed him out. No place for racists anywhere in society, can’t quite believe what he thought would happen shouting out such comments.

Not seen him before in our part of the North Stand as mainly season ticket holders. I hope no one made a mistake and gave their ticket to this guy.

If you ever hear racists comments please report it, it is the only we will eradicate such nonsense from football.

Bravo and thanks. Many would just leave this to someone else so it’s decent of you to take the time and disruption to your own afternoon to make the Amex a better place

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Both incidents are open investigations with Sussex Police, so at this stage the club will not be making any further comment.

Normally when the above is the case Bozza locks any thread to “protect” NSC from any legal action. Why the exception in this case?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Kick grasses out of football , who needs to be sitting next to a snitch who might get upset about something you said that they didn't like but wasnt in anyway racist or offensive but they might think it was, bunch of *****
regards
DF

It must be simply ghastly being you.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did others give statements as well ?

Interested how can get a ban if it’s one word v the other .

Surely they must have .

Hammernet

Jun 4, 2016
Brighton
Did others give statements as well ?

Interested how can get a ban if it’s one word v the other .

Surely they must have .

Three of us gave statements. Police also spoke about cctv and sound isolation - apparently they are able to zoom in and capture individual voices. Plus there were at least 20 others who heard what was said so the club only need to contact the ticket holders if they are worried about lack of evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here