Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans facing lengthy bans for racism

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kick grasses out of football , who needs to be sitting next to a snitch who might get upset about something you said that they didn't like but wasnt in anyway racist or offensive but they might think it was, bunch of *****
regards
DF

So , a)you were not there, b) you have no idea what was said, c) you were not there and d) you are a ****ing dinosaur. Football has moved on and you haven’t

Hammernet

Jun 4, 2016
Brighton
Just so everyone knows...

First insult was against Sissoko, couldn’t quite believe the words used, but didn’t know who said it. Second time, comment amount Son. When I looked around bloke behind was telling him to pack it in. He took exception when I called him a racist and not to say it again, as with all these knobheads he started on the verbals and offered to take it outside, surprisingly when I asked him to join me he refused. My mate had noted his seat number and went to report it. The racist even threatened to kill me so an extra thing to report to the police.

Must say the stewards and police were excellent and statements given to the police after the game. Everyone around us were very supportive and the stewards had no issues identifying him as everyone pointed him out. No place for racists anywhere in society, can’t quite believe what he thought would happen shouting out such comments.

Not seen him before in our part of the North Stand as mainly season ticket holders. I hope no one made a mistake and gave their ticket to this guy.

If you ever hear racists comments please report it, it is the only we will eradicate such nonsense from football.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sir Sir someone’s smoking in the toilet :lolol: get a life ffs.

Can't say I have ever felt the urge to go at the football. Despite the general good state of the toilets, it wouldn't be a choice I would take lightly, however there always seem to be people queueing up for the cubicles. I have never noticed anyone smoking, but I would have no qualms about reporting them. Do you piss on your own shoes at the football for nostalgic reasons?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can't say I have ever felt the urge to go at the football. Despite the general good state of the toilets, it wouldn't be a choice I would take lightly, however there always seem to be people queueing up for the cubicles. I have never noticed anyone smoking, but I would have no qualms about reporting them. Do you piss on your own shoes at the football for nostalgic reasons?
How did any of you wet lettuces ever survive 80-90’s football? Maybe the eager grasses never did ???

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Would the Gordon smith song be deemed racist today? The stupid scot ******* was pissed so he missed etc? I never sang it because frankly he’s one of my hero’s and bloody well did score (yes I do realise the chant was / is a term of endearment really but all the same)

Been supporting since 1970. Thought I'd heard them all; but genuinely never heard that chant, ever.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Been supporting since 1970. Thought I'd heard them all; but genuinely never heard that chant, ever.

Really? Maybe, er, you too were pissed so you missed (it)?!! :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kick grasses out of football , who needs to be sitting next to a snitch who might get upset about something you said that they didn't like but wasnt in anyway racist or offensive but they might think it was, bunch of *****
regards
DF

Read the thread, dickhead. The person thrown out was obviously being racist.

Anyway, you have to attend the games to be . . . sat next to someone . . . at a game.

And back, blocked, to be unblocked on rare occasions for comedy value only. Plum. :facepalm:

theboybilly

I thought they had been told to knock that chant on the head? Was I mistaken?

I get the self deprecating chant from 50 / 60 years ago where the demographics were very different today and many, in fact the majority, of Spurs supporters would have been from the local Jewish community.

I wouldn't mind betting that the majority of Spurs fans today are not of the Jewish faith and therefore the Y*** song is not appropriate.

I wasn't wrong!

The World Jewish Congress (WJC), Board of Deputies, Community Security Trust (CST) and the Jewish Leadership Council (JLC) have all called on the club to clamp down on fans using the word to describe themselves in match chants.

The vast majority of Tottenham fans are not, and never have been, of the Jewish faith. They have always had a significant Jewish following (there being a large Jewish community in nearby Stamford Hill and a little further out Golders Green) but to suggest differently is just incorrect. Them calling themselves the 'Y** Army' wouldn't have been tolerated had the majority in the crowd been Jews and really only came into being when football became so much more tribal in the mid-70s (and I doubt many Jewish supporters would join in singing it)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And/or just thick. Add some pints of beer, and you get an emboldened racist.

And yet...those who have got back from their shift driving the Whitehawk 1 are now popping up on this thread, tut tutting at people objecting to other people smoking in the lavs at the Amex, and objecting to people reporting those skwarking racist bile.

I sit in W Upper. Nobody smokes in the lavs there. Nobody skwarks racism. Why not? Because we don't have many low life, selfish, back to the 70s, numpty wankers sitting in WU. They haven't got the bus fare.

Dear oh dear. There is only one solution to these degerates. Keep them out of West Upper and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The vast majority of Tottenham fans are not, and never have been, of the Jewish faith. They have always had a significant Jewish following (there being a large Jewish community in nearby Stamford Hill and a little further out Golders Green) but to suggest differently is just incorrect. Them calling themselves the 'Y** Army' wouldn't have been tolerated had the majority in the crowd been Jews and really only came into being when football became so much more tribal in the mid-70s (and I doubt many Jewish supporters would join in singing it)

Wasn't it a case of 'owning' the abuse from other clubs? Rather like our 'Rather have a boyfriend than be Welsh' at Wrexham etc?

Anyway, shame the thread has been derailed by the 'whatabouters'. Who knew, eh? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here