Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] fan ejected last night

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My son sits in row Z, block D.

I never said in any post that people in the NS back rows have been asked to sit. Just chatting about the steward/s who keep tackling standing all the other rows. Why this persistence when there are clearly several other clubs more relaxed about it right down to row A e.g. Holmesdale End? The NS should IMO be allowed to be more raucous, noisy.

Completely agree. The whole of the North should be "standing" IMO. However, safe standing is an expense that we (TB) would incur without significant benefit and a number of people, some of which have posted, that want to sit.

It would be great if everyone who wanted to sit moved to E/W and everyone who wanted to stand moved to N/SWC. But people are for lots of reasons very attached to their seats and forcing a move would make us no better than Palace.

It won't happen unless everyone does their bit. We moved to NS to stand because _and_son felt he was tall enough to enjoy it there now, previously we were front row sitters in the SWC. For us it was perfect and much as we miss friends from SWC, we have been made to feel very at home in NS and both prefer to stand.

Everyone who is against standing needs to consider where they sit and whether the generous move would be to give up those seats and move elsewhere. Likewise those who want to stand should be picking up tickets towards the back of the North in March so there are seats for the non-standers to move to. It's about accepting people want different things from match day and not being a d**k about it, either way.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've mentioned this before but I'll lighten the atmosphere a little.
I'm back row of a stand and, like many, jump up when get close to scoring. It then takes a minute or so to calm down and 5 of us stay stood up for around 90 seconds but always sit down at some point. Back row remember so no-one behind us. There is a steward who is a real jobsworth and as soon as we are on our feet (s)he starts at us. A few times (s)he has had to walk along the row making others stand up (!!!!) just to tell us to sit down, which we have done by the time (s)he gets to us. Average age of our group is about 55 I'd guess, all real hooligans.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

We had just under half of the allocation. We had half of M2, all of M3 and half of M4. Our end wasn’t full either, probably just over 1200 I would guess at.

To be fair, at about Midnight last night, we had half of M1 too...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You will always get someone who's seat is in the middle/back and would refuse to move and will moan. Probably the reason why we don't have a proper singing section. It's a shame, we could get a real good atmosphere at the Amex but sound doesn't travel very well and we're all a bit segregated.

Singing section, perlease, who are we, Palace?

Never understood this idea, does everyone have to do an X Factor style audition? Will Dermot be there or Ant & Dec?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You will always get someone who's seat is in the middle/back and would refuse to move and will moan. Probably the reason why we don't have a proper singing section. It's a shame, we could get a real good atmosphere at the Amex but sound doesn't travel very well and we're all a bit segregated.

There are many singing sections, just never the same song at the same time at the same tempo. As mentioned above, maybe auditions with videos sent in with evidence you can keep time.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely agree. The whole of the North should be "standing" IMO. However, safe standing is an expense that we (TB) would incur without significant benefit and a number of people, some of which have posted, that want to sit.

It would be great if everyone who wanted to sit moved to E/W and everyone who wanted to stand moved to N/SWC. But people are for lots of reasons very attached to their seats and forcing a move would make us no better than Palace.

It won't happen unless everyone does their bit. We moved to NS to stand because _and_son felt he was tall enough to enjoy it there now, previously we were front row sitters in the SWC. For us it was perfect and much as we miss friends from SWC, we have been made to feel very at home in NS and both prefer to stand.

Everyone who is against standing needs to consider where they sit and whether the generous move would be to give up those seats and move elsewhere. Likewise those who want to stand should be picking up tickets towards the back of the North in March so there are seats for the non-standers to move to. It's about accepting people want different things from match day and not being a d**k about it, either way.

I’ve sat in most Amex places, including great seats WSU front row for the first few seasons. But nothing beats the NS.

I’m happy with people standing, even though I don’t half the time. If my sight is blocked a bit, I lean on my seat back. I don’t mind if the club don’t bring in safe standing. What many fans don’t realise is that in the UK it may well not increase capacity - a simple ratio of 1:1 due to the UK obsession with safety for obvious reasons (several terracing disasters). Unfortunately, safe standing in this country won’t give that pushing and swaying thing we loved in times past.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've mentioned this before but I'll lighten the atmosphere a little.
I'm back row of a stand and, like many, jump up when get close to scoring. It then takes a minute or so to calm down and 5 of us stay stood up for around 90 seconds but always sit down at some point. Back row remember so no-one behind us. There is a steward who is a real jobsworth and as soon as we are on our feet (s)he starts at us. A few times (s)he has had to walk along the row making others stand up (!!!!) just to tell us to sit down, which we have done by the time (s)he gets to us. Average age of our group is about 55 I'd guess, all real hooligans.

East stand. On my gradual tour of the ground, I’ve seen a jobsworth do just that. Can’t remember what they looked like, but an irritating booming voice which distracted from the football.

My guess was that they consider it a family stand, but zero logic applied to the back row.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Leicester had a fan nicked for homophobia. Do they ever learn?

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/174...omophobic-abuse-at-albion-match/?ref=mr&lp=11

The Argus said:
THREE football fans were arrested after alleged homophobic abuse.

The arrests were made during the game between Brighton and Hove Albion and Leicester City FC last night (Tuesday).

A spokeswoman from Leicestershire Police confirmed the arrests and said: “Three men were arrested.

"They were dealt with by restorative justice.”

I''m assuming restorative justice means they got a caution or on the spot fine?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When I arrived (missed first 20 mins due to traffic) there was a heavily refreshed Albion fan having a very loud discussion with some stewards on the concourse claiming that he it was just 'bantz' and he was minunderstood.

One dickhead is unfortunate though, all clubs have them. We did prove to have quite a few utter cockwombles who thought it chucklesome to come out with a dull and ignorant rendition of 'we pay your benefits' for some reason when we were 2-1 down. Clearly getting behind the team in the last 15 minutes was beyond them so they decided to display their clueless stupidity in song.

'We pay your benefits?'

Really?

Good grief!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
We had just under half of the allocation. We had half of M2, all of M3 and half of M4. Our end wasn’t full either, probably just over 1200 I would guess at.

Spot on according to this tweet from Leics Police Events yesterday...

Screenshot 2019-02-27 at 16.37.19.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I arrived (missed first 20 mins due to traffic) there was a heavily refreshed Albion fan having a very loud discussion with some stewards on the concourse claiming that he it was just 'bantz' and he was misunderstood.

One dickhead is unfortunate though, all clubs have them. We did prove to have quite a few utter cockwombles who thought it chucklesome to come out with a dull and ignorant rendition of 'we pay your benefits' for some reason when we were 2-1 down. Clearly getting behind the team in the last 15 minutes was beyond them so they decided to display their clueless stupidity in song.

Perhaps almost funny decades ago, it’s actually a fecking boring chant. Putting it down to folk who can’t handle alcohol.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
She’s obsessed she and the love crew were in front of me away at Forest I’m not sure she took any of the game in, spent 90 minutes moaning to stewards about the same subject.

This is true.

Whilst homophobic abuse is absolutely abhorrent, it’s never made me feel sick let alone actually be sick like Liz was. I still don’t know what they sang to make her sick?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We pay your benefits
Your support is f*****g sh*t

2 chants that me cringe the most, probably.

I didn’t mind the “........’s a shithole, I wanna go home”, years back until it served its time.

I remember watching Torquay v Shrewsbury on TV and the Shrews fans kept singing it. As it was a minute crowd, it stood out and made me laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here