Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Panel Meeting about Amex Atmosphere, Thursday

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I've been to every premier league ground and the atmosphere at most if not all (and yes even Selhurst) is average. Very average. Ours is no better or worse. When the team are winning it's great. Same as any other Premier League stadium. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Although I concur that the away fans need moving into the East lower/South East corner, but been saying that for 12 years.

In my experience the atmosphere at Leeds is annoyingly good. Otherwise I think I agree with you. I recall a few visits to the fabled St James' Park where it was like a morgue.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So we have this thread, but if the OP hadn't spotted something we would have not known about the meeting.
So forget about the atmosphere they need a meeting on how to engage with fans to obtain the widest range of views, rather than going back with the views of a couple of mates who they raised the point with over a pint down the pub a few days before the meeting.

Or maybe the first meeting about the subject will be to discuss ways they can canvas opinion, online survey, outside the ground etc etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is there anyone that posts regularly on NSC now on the FAB ? There were only 6 names profiled in a recent programme. I remember one resignation, well documented on here. But there were two fewer than the original 8 that were elected.
And i don't think [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] was one of them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is all BS. Remind me again where Palace finished last season?
The atmosphere follows what is happening on the pitch, always has and always will, not only the result, it’s the passion, effort, style of play etc. There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere when we dismantled Leicester.

I want to see the away fans moved but that is to give our team an advantage not to boost the atmosphere.

Move the away fans as per other thread.

Couple of points about the idea of moving the away fans :

1. I bet those suggesting this will quickly change their mind if it is their seat that has to be given up.

2. Behind the goals is the spot that has the worst view of the other end of the pitch. For a few seasons I picked up the odd ticket for the North Stand - the view was awful. So the proposal would see the away fans moved to seats with a better view and those Albion fans being moved to seats with a worse view.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think there is a lot to be said for a re-think on the pre match "entertainment". I thought Fulham did it very well with some pre match stirring music, no chatter, just a building crescendo of music to the teams coming out. Fans zone is terrible. Replace it with something like this. And ditch Richie Reynolds having to fill the space with mostly stuff we don't want to hear. Also don't bother showing the highlights from other football (womens and kids) with that very average commentary.

The only thing good on the pre match at the moment is the montage, everything else needs looking at.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

1. I bet those suggesting this will quickly change their mind if it is their seat that has to be given up.

2. Behind the goals is the spot that has the worst view of the other end of the pitch. For a few seasons I picked up the odd ticket for the North Stand - the view was awful. So the proposal would see the away fans moved to seats with a better view and those Albion fans being moved to seats with a worse view.

I would argue greatly that the corner is not better than behind the goal, especially given the relative shallow gradient.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In my experience the atmosphere at Leeds is annoyingly good. Otherwise I think I agree with you. I recall a few visits to the fabled St James' Park where it was like a morgue.

Good to start with, but falls off a cliff once they go a goal behind.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Move the away fans to the bottom East and SE corner and then rename the South Stand the North Stand and move all the North Stand season ticket holders there without telling them. It seems singers have to be in a stand named The North Stand.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Move the away fans to the bottom East and SE corner and then rename the South Stand the North Stand and move all the North Stand season ticket holders there without telling them. It seems singers have to be in a stand named The North Stand.

How about the New North Stand. People love new things.

The problem is that if it is the cheapest part of the ground, people will still buy tickets due to economics rather than wanting to be part of an atmosphere.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What’s Tifo’s….?

No drum for me.

From Goal.com

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/wha...s-best-fan-examples/ft5x1twghteq138khbbmk722n

Tifo is the word used to describe a colourful, vibrant and usually choreographed visual display by football supporters. It is also a phenomenon in other sports, such as cycling and auto racing.

Displays of a tifo normally occur within stadiums before and during games but can also take place outside a ground.

In many cases the visual displays are carefully planned and often each individual supporter forms part of a mosaic by wearing or holding a particular colour.

The word tifo is Italian and it actually refers to the typhus fever, which can cause an outbreak of delirium in those who suffer it.

Supporters who form a tifo are known as tifosi, which is the Italian word for 'those infected with typhus'. Naturally, it is not to be taken literally.

Examples:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would argue greatly that the corner is not better than behind the goal, especially given the relative shallow gradient.

Fair point - I was basing my points more on the suggestion in an other thread that away fans should be moved to where the family area in ESL is. The corner is fine.

Not convinced it will help that much though. Getting rid of the durge that is 'Fans Zone' would be much more beneficial. "Look Bev, look Bev, we're on TV ... kind of. Jump up and down like an utter loon and wave your arms about".

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
So we have this thread, but if the OP hadn't spotted something we would have not known about the meeting.
So forget about the atmosphere they need a meeting on how to engage with fans to obtain the widest range of views, rather than going back with the views of a couple of mates who they raised the point with over a pint down the pub a few days before the meeting.

This was really the point of my post. There have been lots of posts about folk's opinions and suggestions on the atmosphere thing but very little on the ' how do we communicate ' side. And nothing yet from a FAP member. For all we know, the discussion I saw isn't even correct and there is no meeting.

As someone else commented, maybe they will discuss at their first meeting how to get broader feedback. But it's all a bit of a secret society at the moment.....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In my mind, the reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the fan base is too old, too middle class and don’t really support Brighton enough

So fans who can afford to travel home and away and have done so for 20 + years are to blame?

Let's get some more coke sniffing youngsters to generate an atmosphere !!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Bring back the big flag we had at Withdean for when the team comes onto the pitch .
(Sorry ESU and WSU, can't include you)

Safe Standing in the North

Stand where you like in North, first come first serve.

Ditch Hey Jude.

Move away fans to SWC

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

1. Of course is fair, and yes not everyone would be happy. But it depends where they’re moved to.

2. But given there are no bad views at The Amex and a significant proportion of seats available that are non-season ticket, perhaps something could be sorted out?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From Goal.com

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/wha...s-best-fan-examples/ft5x1twghteq138khbbmk722n

Tifo is the word used to describe a colourful, vibrant and usually choreographed visual display by football supporters. It is also a phenomenon in other sports, such as cycling and auto racing.

Displays of a tifo normally occur within stadiums before and during games but can also take place outside a ground.

In many cases the visual displays are carefully planned and often each individual supporter forms part of a mosaic by wearing or holding a particular colour.

The word tifo is Italian and it actually refers to the typhus fever, which can cause an outbreak of delirium in those who suffer it.

Supporters who form a tifo are known as tifosi, which is the Italian word for 'those infected with typhus'. Naturally, it is not to be taken literally.

Examples:

Thanks - very helpful.

Couldn’t we do that already though without much difficulty?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here