Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Panel Meeting about Amex Atmosphere, Thursday

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If they are going to be moved I'd prefer if they were moved into the SW corner so they aren't really visible for televised games.

I would rather they were moved there too, but just so that I could still enjoy the sunshine at daytime games :cool:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So we have this thread, but if the OP hadn't spotted something we would have not known about the meeting.
So forget about the atmosphere they need a meeting on how to engage with fans to obtain the widest range of views, rather than going back with the views of a couple of mates who they raised the point with over a pint down the pub a few days before the meeting.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In my mind, the reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the fan base is too old, too middle class and don’t really support Brighton enough

That works.

Maybe we should put a max income limit to the ST sales and an age limit so we get younger working class fans. :shrug:

Or move to Croydon and recruit the gyppo's there as fans. Oh, they've already got a club to support.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
One of the main issues is you can’t hear the away fans from the north stand and vice versa, you need something to feed off of if the football is a bit dull (which isn’t a criticism of anyone but matches do go through lulls). I’d love to see some of the competing elements of the north stand relocate to the south west corner to ignite and drive the atmosphere. It would be a simple fix if folk were willing to move down there.

My opinion of course.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
When we play well and win, it's good, when we play bad, it's not great, pure and simple. No Drum please only tinpot clubs have drums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Can we get the speakers turned down in the ESU please? The drone of that dullard Dick Reynolds before kick off is enough to bore anyone to sleep. We're trying to build atmosphere, not blast noise over the top of anything natural that may form.
Bigger north, safe standing, get the singing groups together so they sing the same songs at the same time.
Move away fans.
Sack off the tinpot fireworks.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can we get the speakers turned down in the ESU please? The drone of that dullard Dick Reynolds before kick off is enough to bore anyone to sleep. We're trying to build atmosphere, not blast noise over the top of anything natural that may form.
Bigger north, safe standing, get the singing groups together so they sing the same songs at the same time.
Move away fans.
Sack off the tinpot fireworks.

Pretty much NONE of these please, except try and find a way for the North to sing the same song at the same time.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm against moving the away fans.

It annoys me when other clubs always give us their worst seats and don't want to see us follow suit.

The match atmosphere will get worse if we stifle further the away fans

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've been to every premier league ground and the atmosphere at most if not all (and yes even Selhurst) is average. Very average. Ours is no better or worse. When the team are winning it's great. Same as any other Premier League stadium. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Although I concur that the away fans need moving into the East lower/South East corner, but been saying that for 12 years.

Zlatan once said that if you want the best football, you go to the Premier League. If you want the best atmosphere, you go anywhere else.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
One small favour I ask.

Please get rid of Hey F'ing Jude. It is a miserable dirge.

Yeah. OR, just get rid of the whole pre kick off noise, it should be up to us to generate the atmosphere.. or at least provide something more simple that can be sung along to (and we can be heard over).

Also, I can't remember whether they've been on there for the past few games, but it'd be nice if the lyrics to GOSBTS on the screen never return again.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Get rid of Hey Jude and all the other pre match music (tinpot) and replace with Right Here, Right Now

Remove words to GOSBTS (embarrassing)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Zlatan once said that if you want the best football, you go to the Premier League. If you want the best atmosphere, you go anywhere else.

Was that before or after his short stay at stuttering Man United?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Premier League members' statement just published now on the Albion website: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2798676/premier-league-statement

"Fans caught carrying or activating pyrotechnics or smoke bombs, or entering the pitch without permission, will receive an automatic club ban with a minimum term of one year.

These bans could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in such activities.

This policy is effective immediately and the ban is applicable to both home and away matches."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here