Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan advisory board

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
IMO BISA should have carried on as the main vehicle for fan/club contact - it had the credibility - with a new generation taking over. Sadly nobody wanted to take it on, and we old guard had done our bit: I for one was completely exhausted :) I can tell you that PB would have very much welcomed its continued existence when he came to the club, and would be happy to be dealing with it now: he told me so. It is a shame that our collective achievement didn't leave a legacy fan organisation to take things forward, and that the club had to try and create something, but there you go.
I shared your exhaustion old boy 😂

Don’t get me wrong I like PB as a person and in the main think he does a great job at the club, we are never going to agree on everything but that’s democracy 😂 but the days of a BISA/Albion ‘love hate’ relationship is part of a bygone era, PB likes to do things his way, that’s the job TB has given him, can you imagine BISA like tactics either working or being tolerated into today‘s EPL?

Ironically we had good times even in the darkest moments at the club, and I wouldn’t change hardly anything if given the chance.

I’d hoped the FAB would work, maybe other things have got in the way at the club? But in time and with a full quota back on board the scheme hopefully will succeed. 👍

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tony Bloom has been chairman since 2009. Paul Barber CEO since 2012. They could have introduced a Fan Advisory Board at any point in the last 10 years.

Wonder why it took until 2022 and even then appears to have no spine or real purpose behind it?
Probably, like many of these things, it exists pretty much in name only, and only because the club feel that supporters like to have their voice and opinions heard.

Whether the club decide to bring many of their proposals into fruition however, may well be another thing entirely.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just asked one of the FAB members on twitter how often meetings were happening. He said 'Weekly as a FAB. Quarterly with the club + additional working groups''
When and how do they report to the Fans?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
When and how do they report to the Fans?

That is my next question to him. Waiting for a response on something else first. There is the section on the club website for minutes from these meetings but there's not much on there yet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’d hoped the FAB would work, maybe other things have got in the way at the club?
Who says it’s not doing good work.? Plenty of criticism on here - perhaps justified - but given none of the fans sitting on it post here and aren’t here to defend / share what they’ve done on this thread at least - then aren’t the verdicts a bit premature. ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I shared your exhaustion old boy 😂

Don’t get me wrong I like PB as a person and in the main think he does a great job at the club, we are never going to agree on everything but that’s democracy 😂 but the days of a BISA/Albion ‘love hate’ relationship is part of a bygone era, PB likes to do things his way, that’s the job TB has given him, can you imagine BISA like tactics either working or being tolerated into today‘s EPL?

Ironically we had good times even in the darkest moments at the club, and I wouldn’t change hardly anything if given the chance.

I’d hoped the FAB would work, maybe other things have got in the way at the club? But in time and with a full quota back on board the scheme hopefully will succeed. 👍
I would change one thing in those times … for the fans to catch up with Bellotti as he ran through the West Stand rooms. :lolol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Who says it’s not doing good work.? Plenty of criticism on here - perhaps justified - but given none of the fans sitting on it post here and aren’t here to defend / share what they’ve done on this thread at least - then aren’t the verdicts a bit premature. ?
Didn’t say that old love, maybe the Potter exodus has changed some priorities but it will get back on track at some point 👍

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I would change one thing in those times … for the fans to catch up with Bellotti as he ran through the West Stand rooms. :lolol:
At the Carlisle ‘disturbance‘, one week before York City, fans famously attacked the doors, leading down directly from the Directors Box, with the little shit allegedly cowering with his swinger wife having hysterics, which were bolted shut.

Had we merely hopped over the barrier there was another adjoining door into the Directors lounge unguarded and unlocked.

In hindsight just as well we didn’t get hold of him that day I think he would have got seriously hurt and in light of The Coldean One going down for merely threatening him, some might have ended up on D Wing at Lewes. 🙈

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well if they’re meeting every week (already seemingly confirmed), and regularly with the club, their communication is shite. You’d also think that the FAB would want to engage in some way with the primary online forum used by fans.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At the Carlisle ‘disturbance‘, one week before York City, fans famously attacked the doors, leading down directly from the Directors Box, with the little shit allegedly cowering with his swinger wife having hysterics, which were bolted shut.

Had we merely hopped over the barrier there was another adjoining door into the Directors lounge unguarded and unlocked.

In hindsight just as well we didn’t get hold of him that day I think he would have got seriously hurt and in light of “a loyal Albion fan” going down for merely threatening him, some might have ended up on D Wing at Lewes. 🙈
Did you have to name him?

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Again no issues how club is run. However if we do have a FAB I would like supporters to have notification of when meetings taking place so any questions/suggestions can be put forward if FAB members feel it warrants
Agree, think the club is run perfectly, but if this exists there has to be a point to it.
Well if they’re meeting every week (already seemingly confirmed), and regularly with the club, their communication is shite. You’d also think that the FAB would want to engage in some way with the primary online forum used by fans.
I was told by one member that they are told to completely ignore social media. The club has a real obsession sometimes that everyone on social media is bad, a lot of good can come out of it. The new admin for example who seems to encourage interaction (and strangely seems to be aware of what non league games I’m at).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

In hindsight just as well we didn’t get hold of him that day I think he would have got seriously hurt and in light of “a loyal Albion fan” going down for merely threatening him, some might have ended up on D Wing at Lewes. 🙈
I really think he’d been whacked.

He was a weird character. Briefly an MP only because of mid term luck, then kicked out by the electorate. What was his qualification to run a sports club business? A punchbag to protect a very devious thief.

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree, think the club is run perfectly, but if this exists there has to be a point to it.

I was told by one member that they are told to completely ignore social media. The club has a real obsession sometimes that everyone on social media is bad, a lot of good can come out of it. The new admin for example who seems to encourage interaction (and strangely seems to be aware of what non league games I’m at).
Doesn’t have to be social media, any media would do. They are invisible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here