Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan advisory board

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
To all candidates. PB will go along with anything that produces an income or doesn't cost anything. Outside of that Good Luck
I hate this kind of glib aggression towards Paul Barber and the club. There are literally 100s of things or club does to be a good citizen and not for profit. When you sneer like this you propagate a myth that is so wrong and so unhelpful and demeans the club we all support.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
At the very least remove them from the North screen. (Away fans wouldn't notice them in the South)
The 3000 away fans are the people who should benefit most from "Sussex By The Sea" words being displayed.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I’d totally forgotten about the FAB, but this thread prompted me to go and have a look at their website. Some interesting stuff on there. Also, some suggestions mentioned on the site that would cause an absolute binfest, if implemented. An example being, loyalty points accrued for buying tickets to watch the Albion women counting towards men’s loyalty scheme. Can you imagine the fallout from that happening?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thread has reminded me that another FAB member joined NSC this week.

I need to reply to his email. Which I now can't find. Which sums up my organisational skills.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
I’d totally forgotten about the FAB, but this thread prompted me to go and have a look at their website. Some interesting stuff on there. Also, some suggestions mentioned on the site that would cause an absolute binfest, if implemented. An example being, loyalty points accrued for buying tickets to watch the Albion women counting towards men’s loyalty scheme. Can you imagine the fallout from that happening?!

Is there a link to their web site?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I just want someone to speak up and get the words to GOSBTS removed from the screens. My life would then be complete
I'd like to speak up to ensure the words stay. I honestly can't remember the words from one week to the next and feel excluded while others sing along.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd like to speak up to ensure the words stay. I honestly can't remember the words from one week to the next and feel excluded while others sing along.
I personally think they should keep the words as you say, but make them a lot bigger, my eyesight is poor, I struggle to see the words displayed on the south tv as I find it pains me to turn round and view the north tv, maybe a kind of hymn sheet would work placed on our seats prior to kick off, with a list of songs that we could sing in unison for once.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I agree, if you want the whole stadium to sing along to the 'whole' (shortened version) then the words are needed. It's not the easiest song to remember. I can remember years ago showing Jnr a YouTube vid so he'd know the words. I still can't remember them & was very shocked the other day to find out a friend didn't even realise we no longer sing 'going up to win the cup'. We didn't even sing that version at Wembley, when we should've. :unsure:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I thought I’d have a look at their meeting minutes to see what’s been achieved. There have been no meeting minutes published on the club site for 6 months. In that time there should have been 2 quarterly face to face meetings with the club, 4 other monthly meetings of the FAB itself, and probably 20 other weekly meetings too, as the FAB say they meet (probably virtually) every week. So, 26 weeks, 26 meetings, monthly meetings, quarterly meetings, but no minutes for 6 months. So, does that mean nothing agreed, nothing decided, nothing achieved?

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
FAB 2 things.

1. Did you guys hold a vote for new members or just hand pick them? I never received a vote email or notification as a STH but I might have just been an idiot and it went to spam or something

2. You're looking at the travel scheme, can you look at some kind of overhead sheltering for the queues for the trains post game? Athens was fecking awful and today was brutal, if we just had something to cover above us to keep most of the rain off the crowd that would be nice, even if it's a temporary structure every week.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
FAB 2 things.

1. Did you guys hold a vote for new members or just hand pick them? I never received a vote email or notification as a STH but I might have just been an idiot and it went to spam or something

2. You're looking at the travel scheme, can you look at some kind of overhead sheltering for the queues for the trains post game? Athens was fecking awful and today was brutal, if we just had something to cover above us to keep most of the rain off the crowd that would be nice, even if it's a temporary structure every week.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought I’d have a look at their meeting minutes to see what’s been achieved. There have been no meeting minutes published on the club site for 6 months. In that time there should have been 2 quarterly face to face meetings with the club, 4 other monthly meetings of the FAB itself, and probably 20 other weekly meetings too, as the FAB say they meet (probably virtually) every week. So, 26 weeks, 26 meetings, monthly meetings, quarterly meetings, but no minutes for 6 months. So, does that mean nothing agreed, nothing decided, nothing achieved?
I found out from Paul BarberOut’s programme notes that the FAB had been talked to by the club about the new FanZone plans. So that’s nice. Just a shame there’s no mention of this on the FAB website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here