[Albion] Fan advisory board

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I see, so some people's criteria for voting for someone is not reading what they say they have to offer, but its as long as they know them. Brilliant.

Those that are able to read can take a look at www.bhafc-fab.co.uk and see what has been going on in the past year. A sound base that the new FAB will I am sure build upon.
Surely knowing someone and knowing what they ACTUALLY say and do regards BHAFC is better than basing things on a bio which might or might not be true or just an expression of what they might do.

I read the bios and they were all equally good either offering experience or proof of long term support or indeed both but ultimately they are just words.

I note one of the candidates (may have missed others Tactician?) has had the good sense to post on this forum not sure if the others have THOUGH does beg the question why he has not been on this forum from day 1given his focus on social media which takes me back to the fact that the bios are not goo enough in themselves. IMO a question and answer session would have been good with a video appearance and yes I understand that doing a video is not everyone's strength.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Iā€™m abit late to the party on this thread so apologies - I am Andy Goodchild one of the candidates for the Fan Advisory Board nominations.

I totally agree with the comments regarding selection of candidates for the voting. Unless you personally know the individual it is hard to make an informed decision on a 100 word bio. Conversely from our perspective itā€™s hard ā€œselling yourselfā€ in 100 words as every individual will have their preferred criteria of an appropriate candidate to vote for.

What I will say is that as a fan I didnā€™t feel connected enough with the FAB so it was a case of if you canā€™t beat them join them. To me the key to the process is making fans voices heard and publicised especially via social media platforms. That two way open and frank communication is the key to any forum adding value.

The most productive discussions Iā€™ve had so far in deciding on a suitable candidate to chose from are around peoples issues. On some of the Facebook pages I have been asked my thoughts on topical issues and responded appropriately. This has probably been the most effective way of people deciding who to vote for rather than me saying vote for me Iā€™m a good bloke šŸ˜‚.

It is also difficult sometimes to big yourself up to strangers or those that you donā€™t know. I do see from this thread that Jack has kindly endorsed me as well as one of the regular Bluesaway travellers which is much appreciated. To conclude I had to provide a reference for the role from a fellow Albion fan (NB content was not influenced by myself). I thought a fairly unbiased view from an Ex police chief inspector may help some of your voting choices so have included below.

Thank you for debating the issue and whoever you decide to vote for I would encourage you all to use the vote in some way šŸ™.

ā€œI am a retired Chief Inspector from Sussex Police and I have known Andy Goodchild for about 6 years and he recently retired at a young age from a career in finance. He is an Albion season ticket holder and attends all home and away games and is also a qualified FA coach having coached numerous Sussex teams. Andy is mature, passionate about football and sensible in his comments and professional in how he conducts himself. He knows the Albion in depth . He is creative in his thoughts and would bring initiative to discussion whilst also being a safe pair of hands in the forum . He is a good communicator equally happy discussing at senior and junior levels. He is a good team player, confident in groups and an overall nice guy who I think would make a valued contribution to the fans forum . Peter Mills Fan Number 70086575ā€
I use NSC to get any news on Albion and interesting to see other supporters opinion on club etc. Appreciate there may be other avenues but wondered why as a long term supporter you have never shown any interest in this site.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
After reading all of them, I couldnā€™t really distinguish between what they said. All seemed like good candidates, but I know of 3 of them, so that was the defining factor, thereā€™s not much to go off than that. Should I have done a random pot luck vote, as I couldnā€™t decide? I donā€™t know what else I would decide it on?
I think you said you were standing again? Did they say why you weren't chosen?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
To all candidates. PB will go along with anything that produces an income or doesn't cost anything. Outside of that Good Luck

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think you said you were standing again? Did they say why you weren't chosen?
I applied again, but didnā€™t get selected, quite relieved in hindsight, as Iā€™d probably end up winding someone up. Iā€™m quite friendly with a lot of people who go home and away so Iā€™m quite content with that, I thought I would have some good ideas, but Iā€™m sure the people on the board will have even better ones.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I applied again, but didnā€™t get selected, quite relieved in hindsight, as Iā€™d probably end up winding someone up. Iā€™m quite friendly with a lot of people who go home and away so Iā€™m quite content with that, I thought I would have some good ideas, but Iā€™m sure the people on the board will have even better ones.
Do they tell you why?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I donā€™t think it matters who does it. The purpose of it is to have an avenue for fans to directly reach senior people at the club ie they are messengers. As long as the successful candidates fulfill this mandate then report back then we have what we want. Perhaps someone could explain what is the process for mandating those elected to carry out discussion with the club and on what topics ? And how is this discussion to be reported back to the fanbase ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To all candidates. PB will go along with anything that produces an income or doesn't cost anything. Outside of that Good Luck
To his credit Heā€™s - and hereā€™s one example of many - consistently supported the REMF games - including allowing them to be hosted at the Amex. Hardly Ā£Ā£ generators.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I do hope fans realize the fab is simply an attempt by clubs to see off the idea that her should be fan representation on the main board of all clubs with real powers.
Yes. So given that Iā€™m sure all the Board members are aware of this argument and I suspect some of them agree. Would you then recommend that fans boycott engaging with the club like this as a result ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I donā€™t think it matters who does it. The purpose of it is to have an avenue for fans to directly reach senior people at the club ie they are messengers. As long as the successful candidates fulfill this mandate then report back then we have what we want. Perhaps someone could explain what is the process for mandating those elected to carry out discussion with the club and on what topics ? And how is this discussion to be reported back to the fanbase ?
To be fair to the FAB - the work theyā€™ve done over the last 12 months has been pretty detailed / transparent (see their website, the club pages for minutes. Sub commmittees, projects) and theyā€™ve done a decent job towards the end of last season being on multiple podcasts, zines, NSC even to communicate what theyā€™ve done (or not done) . There is only 5 of them I think for now, itā€™s entirely voluntary so reporting ā€œback to the fan baseā€ is quite the challenge.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To be fair to the FAB - the work theyā€™ve done over the last 12 months has been pretty detailed / transparent (see their website, the club pages for minutes. Sub commmittees, projects) and theyā€™ve done a decent job towards the end of last season being on multiple podcasts, zines, NSC even to communicate what theyā€™ve done (or not done) . There is only 5 of them I think for now, itā€™s entirely voluntary so reporting ā€œback to the fan baseā€ is quite the challenge.
Yes, not meant as a criticism at all. More an expectation setter for fellow fans. I will have a read of the minutes as you suggest to see what has been covered and see if my questions are answered there.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it only matters inasmuch as we don't want them all to be middle-aged, middle-class white men - even though that might be the majority of our fans! (And I'm sure the selection process has covered that).

Apart from that, yeah, it's not as if they're going to be actually running the club so I'm really not fussed. Mind you I thought that last time and didn't one of them turn out to be a bit of a tosser? As long as there's a 'No Dickheads' rule I'm sure it'll be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports