Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
This endorsement from my friend means a lot.
Thank you Graeme.

One if the reasons there are no pictures with the biogs is so as not to prejudice the votes.
Seeing that picture of a short fat guy with a ladder kind of proves the point.

Nonetheless the application process was quite lengthy, and those that made it to the shortlist all deserve your attention to their write ups. It isn't tinder where you swipe right if you don't like the look of someone. It's more important than that.

The club are encouraging fan involvement . That has to be a good thing.

Nigel Summers would very much appreciate one of your votes

Not being funny but doesn't the Chairman of the Supporters Club have any input to the club already or would the fans board be a more enhanced role?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Question, were you allowed to say what you wanted for n the statement or was it restricted. It’s just they pretty much all say the same thing?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Question, were you allowed to say what you wanted for n the statement or was it restricted. It’s just they pretty much all say the same thing?

We were allowed to say what we want (in approx 50 words). After the mistake originally, they changed mine to EXACTLY what I wrote in the application form.

They may all say pretty much the same thing but from my perspective, it’s precisely how I feel. Yes I’m passionate about the club but I’m also passionate about being treated fairly, having fair representation and giving a voice to everyone who has a vested interest in what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
So there are at least 3 NSCers who could be on the Board if we all vote for them.

Bozza......If they get in and if they agree, would it be worth considering a ' Fans Advisory Board ' sub forum where we could have communications, discussions, and raise appropriate issues with those folks....?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I echo what the others said, it is pretty much word for word what I wrote

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I echo what the others said, it is pretty much word for word what I wrote

We were allowed to say what we want (in approx 50 words). After the mistake originally, they changed mine to EXACTLY what I wrote in the application form.

They may all say pretty much the same thing but from my perspective, it’s precisely how I feel. Yes I’m passionate about the club but I’m also passionate about being treated fairly, having fair representation and giving a voice to everyone who has a vested interest in what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, and good luck!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Not being funny but doesn't the Chairman of the Supporters Club have any input to the club already or would the fans board be a more enhanced role?

Good question, but no the chair of BHASC has no line of comms with the club.
The Supporters Club have yet to join the "official" supporters club scheme, so have no access to any special facilities or club staff.

This initiative by the club is a really positive one and it would be great to be involved.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess a lot of you will have received the email from the Albion with a list of candidates you can vote for from different categories of fans - Men's Season Ticket Holder, Women's Season Ticket Holder, 1901 etc, to elect fans to have a say in the running of our Club.
I can't find anything regarding the voting itself, but may I let you know that NSC's very own Barry Izbak is one of the candidates. He goes under the alias of Nigel Summers and is a nominee in the Men's Season Ticket Holder category.
He's the only person on the long list that I know personally. He's Albion mad, and came to fame when he tied large banners on the M23 bridges, proclaiming we wanted Falmer during the War Years. He also made several videos of the stadim build which he posted on here at the same time I was posting the photos. We would often do the rounds together so he could use my infamous ladder!
He is a true fan with our wellbeing at his very heart.
Therefore, he will certainly be getting my vote.
He won't let us down.

I’ll be voting for Nigel too. Met him through the greyhound syndicate and got on really well from first meeting. Top man and very happy to trust him to represent my views.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One if the reasons there are no pictures with the biogs is so as not to prejudice the votes.
Seeing that picture of a short fat guy with a ladder kind of proves the point.

A few people approached me to ask if I was applying "because you'd be certain to voted in if you did" and I responded I wasn't going to do so.

It struck me that there was already likely to be a lot of white middle-aged heterosexual men applying, so another one wasn't going to add too much to the choices.

I do wonder if I'll be hearing a lot less from the club when this FAB is formed and in place. It will be nice for other people to get a regular verbal kicking, instead of it always being me!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A few people approached me to ask if I was applying "because you'd be certain to voted in if you did" and I responded I wasn't going to do so.

It struck me that there was already likely to be a lot of white middle-aged heterosexual men applying, so another one wasn't going to add too much to the choices.

I do wonder if I'll be hearing a lot less from the club when this FAB is formed and in place. It will be nice for other people to get a regular verbal kicking, instead of it always being me!

Never underestimate the powerful NSC lobby

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’ve cast my votes this morning, good luck to the all candidates and whoever wins I’m sure they will do a good job.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I guess a lot of you will have received the email from the Albion with a list of candidates you can vote for from different categories of fans - Men's Season Ticket Holder, Women's Season Ticket Holder, 1901 etc, to elect fans to have a say in the running of our Club.
I can't find anything regarding the voting itself, but may I let you know that NSC's very own Barry Izbak is one of the candidates. He goes under the alias of Nigel Summers and is a nominee in the Men's Season Ticket Holder category.
He's the only person on the long list that I know personally. He's Albion mad, and came to fame when he tied large banners on the M23 bridges, proclaiming we wanted Falmer during the War Years. He also made several videos of the stadim build which he posted on here at the same time I was posting the photos. We would often do the rounds together so he could use my infamous ladder!
He is a true fan with our wellbeing at his very heart.
Therefore, he will certainly be getting my vote.
He won't let us down.

I'll certainly be voting for Nigel, and Hiney too, of course - but am I alone in feeling slightly disappointed that you're not standing, Jack? After all, someone who so closely resembles an eminent former cabinet minister would certainly lend an air of gravitas to the fan board.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hmm. That's the ward that failed to elect Martin Perry as a councillor, so there's a chance he may get in.

Indeed - it's a surprisingly Conservative ward. That said Dawn Barnett, Nick Lewry and even Tony Janio ( now independent ) are all great councillors. I will do everything I can to ensure he's not elected - I'm even thinking of paying for 5000 leaflets highlighting his posts and views on here and getting my kids to deliver them.

EDIT - and yes, I voted for Martin Perry when he stood !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed - it's a surprisingly Conservative ward. That said Dawn Barnett, Nick Lewry and even Tony Janio ( now independent ) are all great councillors. I will do everything I can to ensure he's not elected - I'm even thinking of paying for 5000 leaflets highlighting his posts and views on here and getting my kids to deliver them.

EDIT - and yes, I voted for Martin Perry when he stood !

I can only wish you the best of luck :thumbsup:

He did manage to reverse a huge conservative majority in my ward last time he stood. And you may get the pleasure of explaining to him why he is not getting your vote when he knocks on your door. I did :wink:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I didn’t know Nigel Summers, but he’d have got my vote based on his pen portrait. This choice was validated by the exclusive Northstand Polls - a greater endorsement you’d struggle to find.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here