Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Said person mentioned above has pulled out of FAB due to mental health issues probably stemming from a certain amount of perceived bullying on Twitter. So might be worth bearing that in mind before posting about people on here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Said person mentioned above has pulled out of FAB due to mental health issues probably stemming from a certain amount of perceived bullying on Twitter. So might be worth bearing that in mind before posting about people on here.

Sure he wasn’t chucked out for taking and posting photos despite being told not to (and actually posting a pic of the sign saying ‘no photos’) ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Sure he wasn’t chucked out for taking and posting photos despite being told not to (and actually posting a pic of the sign saying ‘no photos’) ?

This.

Whilst any form of bullying is to be opposed, this person REALLY didn’t help themselves. The tone of the deleted tweet (and pictures included) was somewhat gloating, IMO. Not surprised he was called out for it, tbh.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This.

Whilst any form of bullying is to be opposed, this person REALLY didn’t help themselves. The tone of the deleted tweet (and pictures included) was somewhat gloating, IMO. Not surprised he was called out for it, tbh.

Sounds like a case of playing the victim and blaming others for highlighting his inappropriate tweets (past and present) rather than accepting responsibility for the fact that he posted those tweets in the first place.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The FAB are discussing communication and how we gather ideas and pass on what we do.

NSC is an obvious and excellent channel (has NSC ever been described as a communication channel before?)

Incredibly though there are thousands of Albion fans who don't log on here daily, don't read emails from The Albion don't use twitter, and don't do Facebook.

We need to reach these people too.

How should we do that?
We want to be able to reach everyone right?

Has anyone stopped to think these people don’t want to be reached? Or really bothered about having ‘a voice’. Reaching out is an obsession of our time. Everyone’s reaching out, all the time, so such an extent it’s been rightly lampooned unless you’re one of the Four Tops.

Crack on I say, and don’t worry about those who just watch us and don’t give much more thought after the match until the day of the next one. Which in fairness, was how it used to be before reaching out. 24/7. Digitally.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sounds like a case of playing the victim and blaming others for highlighting his inappropriate tweets (past and present) rather than accepting responsibility for the fact that he posted those tweets in the first place.

Especially when his answer to this was to then slag off Millenials as a generation as being impatient wet blankets who don't know the difference between FIFA and real life, then when called out on it he deleted all his tweets and said people should leave him alone due to poor mental health.

I'll say this only once, Your mental health issues are NOT your fault, but they ARE your responsibility.

Don't dish out abuse, then cry and backtrack when you're called out for shitty behaviour. I wonder if they'll be offering whoever came next on the voting counts the spot?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

True to form in my experience :shrug:

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
The FAB are discussing communication and how we gather ideas and pass on what we do.

NSC is an obvious and excellent channel (has NSC ever been described as a communication channel before?)

Incredibly though there are thousands of Albion fans who don't log on here daily, don't read emails from The Albion don't use twitter, and don't do Facebook.

How should we do that?

The match day programme would cover a good percentage of fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has anyone stopped to think these people don’t want to be reached? Or really bothered about having ‘a voice’. Reaching out is an obsession of our time. Everyone’s reaching out, all the time, so such an extent it’s been rightly lampooned unless you’re one of the Four Tops.

Crack on I say, and don’t worry about those who just watch us and don’t give much more thought after the match until the day of the next one. Which in fairness, was how it used to be before reaching out. 24/7. Digitally.

Just in case anybody is in need of further guidance on this matter...

CNLQ-SGWwAA41dA.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Especially when his answer to this was to then slag off Millenials as a generation as being impatient wet blankets who don't know the difference between FIFA and real life, then when called out on it he deleted all his tweets and said people should leave him alone due to poor mental health.

I'll say this only once, Your mental health issues are NOT your fault, but they ARE your responsibility.

Don't dish out abuse, then cry and backtrack when you're called out for shitty behaviour. I wonder if they'll be offering whoever came next on the voting counts the spot?

I see you've called him out on this on Twitter.

I thought you said you were blocked and couldn't see his Tweets? I've seen screen shots of you interacting with him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

How should we do that?

You make interesting points. There are many on NSC with whom I fundamentally disagree although don't always take issue on the threads. NSC is an excellent comms channel, but sometimes I fear discussion can be closed down by the noisy minority rather than being truly representative.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I see you've called him out on this on Twitter.

I thought you said you were blocked and couldn't see his Tweets? I've seen screen shots of you interacting with him.

For a moderator who regularly picks people up for petty personal squabbles and suggesting taking them to PM, might you consider following your own advice [emoji6]

Of course you’ll deny that this beef you clearly have with Viper is personal [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For a moderator who regularly picks people up for petty personal squabbles and suggesting taking them to PM, might you consider following your own advice [emoji6]

Of course you’ll deny that this beef you clearly have with Viper is personal [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As a moderator I need to know if people are telling porkie pies on here........

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I am absolutely amazed that the club did not carry out even a minimal amount of research into those standing. A quick trawl through the social media profiles of the now "resigned" FAB member would have revealed to them his questionable tweets on load of issues. His creepy obsession with a female fan young enough to be his daughter. The abuse he directs at other fans. And when he is called out on it all, he hides behind his sexuality and mental health.

The T&Cs said the club reserved the right to effectively appoint who they wanted once the vote had been done. I believe there was also a clause barring anyone who has been banned by the club for any offence from standing. They obviously wanted to ensure the 'right' people ended up on the FAB... and they still managed to end up with someone totally inappropriate, who has broken the rules and had to resign after only one meeting.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I am absolutely amazed that the club did not carry out even a minimal amount of research into those standing. A quick trawl through the social media profiles of the now "resigned" FAB member would have revealed to them his questionable tweets on load of issues. His creepy obsession with a female fan young enough to be his daughter. The abuse he directs at other fans. And when he is called out on it all, he hides behind his sexuality and mental health.

The T&Cs said the club reserved the right to effectively appoint who they wanted once the vote had been done. I believe there was also a clause barring anyone who has been banned by the club for any offence from standing. They obviously wanted to ensure the 'right' people ended up on the FAB... and they still managed to end up with someone totally inappropriate, who has broken the rules and had to resign after only one meeting.

The club did plenty of research on each applicant. I know one person whose application was dismissed because of a reported issue with a steward at least 7 years ago. These things on the club's record allowed the club to discount certain individuals (rightly or wrongly) early on in the process. If someone hasn't clearly done anything that blocks them from standing in the T&Cs (happy to be corrected if this is the case here) then there isn't much the club can do.

I guess like anything that comes down to a vote, it's up to the voters to do their due diligence and make sure that the person representing them is not awful. In fairness, if someone has conducted themselves poorly, stepping down immediately is probably the best thing to do...

Get [MENTION=21244]jackalbion[/MENTION] in to represent some of us whinging millennials.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Was my initial thought, he’s failed to follow the very basic rules on not taking pictures but couldn’t resist, I suspect driven by a “look at my entitled access” which frankly has massively backfired for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here