Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I love the club and accept entirely that it's very well managed. Nonetheless, this FAB thing seems to me to be an attempt to persuade the legislators not to mandate fans/supporters on the main board. Clearly no clubs want fans to have actual power.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
PB has made it plain on many occasions they have best and most knowledgeable people running the club. Have no doubt PB does not consider he needs any other input. Is in place to impress on FA etc that they consult with supporters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did the Bozz come back on this one? As things have started to move on this, is now a good moment to create something for questions/issues to be raised?

I'm happy to do something. Maybe setup a "Ask the FAB" sub-forum where people can post questions, suggestions and the like. However, it probably needs...

1. One or more FAB members being happy to keep an eye on things posted or, at least, give it a scan ahead of their meetings (or other times as appropriate)
2. People being reasonable about their expectations in return, ie not every post will receive a direct response due to sheer volume, possible duplication, availability of time for points to be raised and discussed.

But if any of the NSC FAB members are happy to pick up 1 above, then I'll get something set up, and we can see how it works out.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm happy to do something. Maybe setup a "Ask the FAB" sub-forum where people can post questions, suggestions and the like. However, it probably needs...

1. One or more FAB members being happy to keep an eye on things posted or, at least, give it a scan ahead of their meetings (or other times as appropriate)
2. People being reasonable about their expectations in return, ie not every post will receive a direct response due to sheer volume, possible duplication, availability of time for points to be raised and discussed.

But if any of the NSC FAB members are happy to pick up 1 above, then I'll get something set up, and we can see how it works out.

Thanks, and I agree totally with both points.

It would also be a good place for minutes/summaries of meetings to be posted, if possible too.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Things not to do on your first FAB meeting…….

[tweet]1543950309801730051[/tweet]

Interesting, bearing in mind we were specifically told not to take any photos.

My view is that we need to tread very carefully in the early days and work very closely with the club to make sure that we work out a process that is credible and transparent.

We are meeting in August to discuss how this might work and one of the things we need to look at is how queries/questions are filtered. There will clearly be some dross but we need to make sure that genuinely workable suggestions aren’t lost in a cesspit of moaning.

I know there is a lot of negativity around the process but I am committed to doing what I can to make this thing work. It won’t be easy but we will do our best.

By the way, I wouldn’t say we had the red carpet rolled out. We didn’t even get offered a cup of coffee [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Code of Conduct...1st point, Strictly no photography! I know who I'd vote for in terms of who needs replacing

That was the point of the tweet…..from what I’ve heard the club are incredibly strict on the no photos rule for anyone visiting……..so to post a photo of the the notice saying no photos is particularly dumb (especially if it was reinforced as [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] says)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That was the point of the tweet…..from what I’ve heard the club are incredibly strict on the no photos rule for anyone visiting……..so to post a photo of the the notice saying no photos is particularly dumb (especially if it was reinforced as [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] says)

Yes they are, a steward stood next to me and made me delete the photos on my phone, when I took a picture of the players lined up for an U23s game, all fair enough, and they were pretty chill, but they did make me delete the pictures.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Things not to do on your first FAB meeting…….

[tweet]1543950309801730051[/tweet]

Before people jump all over this (can't row back on those that have), the above twitterer royette who also tweets:

[tweet]1539342077128998917[/tweet]

There is no tweet by Simon Sheppard that this person references above, so either he deleted it, or it's been falsely made up to create a stir.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting, bearing in mind we were specifically told not to take any photos.

My view is that we need to tread very carefully in the early days and work very closely with the club to make sure that we work out a process that is credible and transparent.

We are meeting in August to discuss how this might work and one of the things we need to look at is how queries/questions are filtered. There will clearly be some dross but we need to make sure that genuinely workable suggestions aren’t lost in a cesspit of moaning.

I know there is a lot of negativity around the process but I am committed to doing what I can to make this thing work. It won’t be easy but we will do our best.

By the way, I wouldn’t say we had the red carpet rolled out. We didn’t even get offered a cup of coffee [emoji23]

I wonder if [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] could be persuaded to be some sort of 'overseer' of the FAB bit on NSC. He seems a pretty well balanced, mature and reasonable individual (particularly for a nazi mod) :angel:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Code of Conduct...1st point, Strictly no photography! I know who I'd vote for in terms of who needs replacing

That specific person has already had multiple Twitter suspensions for hateful conduct and is a generally very erratic and strange person to converse with online, I was very surprised to see that person win the vote, and then be approved by the club given their conduct online. So it shouldn't come as a shock that the first thing they do is post stuff like this. I'm blocked by him for calling out a pretty offensive thing he said a few months ago.

Before people jump all over this (can't row back on those that have), the above twitterer royette who also tweets:

There is no tweet by Simon Sheppard that this person references above, so either he deleted it, or it's been falsely made up to create a stir.

He deleted the original tweet, the chain of someone calling him out, acknowledging it and then deleted it is here:

whoops.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

This suggests to me he deleted it...

[tweet]1543941070563819521[/tweet]

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Have to say, some of the tweets of people attending today really are not helpful. Just get on with the job rather than glorying in the fact that the club are rolling out the red carpet for you at the training ground. I fear this will quickly become a buddy club with little or no benefit to anyone, other a nice rubber stamping by the club of stuff they want to do anyway and little that they don't. I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

It’s basically being a prefect/house captain at school but for adults. The school might tell you that you’ll get to have your say in how it’s run but you’re not going to using your position to push through a 4 day week and free pizza in the canteen.

By the end of the season I reckon everyone on the FAB will fall in to two categories. Those who wanted to make a difference but quickly realised that they won’t have a say in anything even slightly important & those who try to convince themselves that they’re making a real difference because they got to help choose between two suggested colour schemes for the new toilets outside the stadium. Unfortunately that second group of people are also the type who’ll see it as a little clique of super fans

Fair play to anybody who signed up because they thought they’d be able to change the club for the better, but the people who thought they’d have the power to change where the women play home games or have some say in where we play pre-season friendlies were absolutely mental. The writing was on the wall the wall from the club boiled down everyone’s bio in to almost identical “Vote for me because I’m a lifelong fan who wants to make a difference”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're getting free pizza?

Lush.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That specific person has already had multiple Twitter suspensions for hateful conduct and is a generally very erratic and strange person to converse with online, I was very surprised to see that person win the vote, and then be approved by the club given their conduct online. So it shouldn't come as a shock that the first thing they do is post stuff like this. I'm blocked by him for calling out a pretty offensive thing he said a few months ago.

He deleted the original tweet, the chain of someone calling him out, acknowledging it and then deleted it is here:

View attachment 149365

Yep, spot on.

I’ve never met the bloke, I’m sure he’s fine in real life but he posts some proper weird/questionable stuff on Twitter and is a very strange choice for the board. Using Urban Dictonary to defend Cucurella using the N word, frequent references to a girl young enough to be his daughters tit size, random meltdowns over next to nothing etc etc.

It just seems like a PR nightmare in waiting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, spot on.

I’ve never met the bloke, I’m sure he’s fine in real life but he posts some proper weird/questionable stuff on Twitter and is a very strange choice for the board. Using Urban Dictonary to defend Cucurella using the N word, frequent references to a girl young enough to be his daughters tit size, random meltdowns over next to nothing etc etc.

It just seems like a PR nightmare in waiting.

Obviously the Cucu stuff was after the vote, but, again, it's immensely frustrating that people are only sharing this about him now. This is stuff we needed to know during the campaign and when votes were being cast when, apparently, no one gave a shit :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PB has made it plain on many occasions they have best and most knowledgeable people running the club. Have no doubt PB does not consider he needs any other input. Is in place to impress on FA etc that they consult with supporters

There might well be some tactical motives (the club and the PL are sceptical about some of the recommendations in the govt fan led review). Perhaps the FAB will help there.
That doesn’t mean that PB or Bloom aren’t genuine in their attempts to engage with and listen to fans - they invest a lot of time into it if it’s merely a facade. And anyway they’ve been doing it for years before it was top of the FA todo list.
And the rush to dismiss the FAB before they’ve even met (it’s not legitimate ! It’s powerless ! It’s purely a sop to govt pressure ! It’s full of the wrong people) is a bit tiresome … how about wait and see ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here