Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous people at the Amex.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Saw Jonathan Pearce at the England under-19s match at the AMEX a couple of years ago in the bar area before the match. He was there with his family. I used to see him occasionally on the train home when I was commuting. Think he lives somewhere over Hassocks way, I certainly recall he used to get off the train at Hassocks.

I remember also being at the Dripping Pan one New Year's Day and an off duty Paul Hayward (Telegraph sports writer) was stood directly in front of me.

Famous?

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I remember also being at the Dripping Pan one New Year's Day and an off duty Paul Hayward (Telegraph sports writer) was stood directly in front of me.

I think this is definitely the first time I've heard a journalist being described as 'off duty' - he's not a bloody police officer for God's sake?! At what point does he become 'on duty'?

He's a regular there anyway by the way.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Well, I can't imagine the Daily Telegraph would be asking him to cover many assignments at the Dripping Pan! A rare chance for him to watch a match in the stands rather than from a cramped press box.

Fair enough, but if any profession were to be described as 'off duty' at any time, journalists certainly wouldn't be the first ones thought of.

And he's hardly an employee of the Daily Telegraph really - he's just ghost written Fergie's autobiography for heavens sake?!

And a 'rare chance to watch in the stands rather than from a cramped press box' - don't make me laugh?! He's not some tabloid journo or radio commentator is he?! It's not a rare chance at all, as I said he goes down there fairly frequently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here