Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous people at the Amex.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
On Wednesday I bumped into comedian Joe Wilkinson (from 8 out of 10 Cats) in the ESL. Other than footballers, Des Lynam and Frankie from the Saturdays, what other famous people have been spotted at the Amex?

View attachment 49924

image.jpg

Two 'celebs' in one hit!

Last edited:

Mark Williams (Fast Show and other stuff) was on the Graham Norton R2 show this morning. Listener asked him if it was true he supported two teams and his reply was along the lines of he believed you should support your local team and that had been a Albion STH for 12 years "during the Goldstone exile" in his words, which was nice. Admitted that Villa still had the power to make him angry!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gary Stevens, right now.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.............. and on the subject of my mate Mr Benn, I'm having a pint with him next Tuesday afternoon.......... I assume hove born&bred will clarify matters in the interim.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Went to Luton/Barnet on New Year's Day and saw Tommy Robinson, the former EDL leader outside the ticket office. There was a programme on BBC1 about him a couple of months ago, with his view on Muslims. He's had an attempted firebomb at his house, his wife subjected to vile abuse and his kids threatened.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
On Wednesday I bumped into comedian Joe Wilkinson (from 8 out of 10 Cats) in the ESL. Other than footballers, Des Lynam and Frankie from the Saturdays, what other famous people have been spotted at the Amex?

View attachment 49924

Never heard of the guy. You might as well be posting a picture of you and your mate.

The guy is clearly not 'famous'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My grandsons were chuffed to have their photo taken with O'Neil and I suggested they had one with Alan Mullery.
Response: "Who?" :facepalm:
Think I'm getting old.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Saw Jonathan Pearce at the England under-19s match at the AMEX a couple of years ago in the bar area before the match. He was there with his family. I used to see him occasionally on the train home when I was commuting. Think he lives somewhere over Hassocks way, I certainly recall he used to get off the train at Hassocks.

I remember also being at the Dripping Pan one New Year's Day and an off duty Paul Hayward (Telegraph sports writer) was stood directly in front of me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
MON was there. ROI manager now. Andrews & Ward must have impressed today. Their GK is IRE too isn't he ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here